Project and Competence Based Learning: innovative and effective methods and tools - Netherlands
1. Become aware of key issues related to Project Based Learning, within the context of cooperative learning, blended learning and flipped classroom
2. Become aware of key issues related to Competence Based Learning
3. Understanding and acquiring effective methods and tools for implementing both educational methodologies
4. Getting inspired from new teaching methods and tools
5. Design and develop a concrete education project based on these methodologies
Day 1: Welcome
- Presentation of the course and participants
- Brainstorming and team building
- Key competences and skills for the 21st Century: an interactive introduction
- Cooperative learning, blended learning and flipped classroom in Europe: features, values and best practices
Day 2: Non-formal education for Project and Competence Based Learning
- Competence Based Learning: overview on best practices in Europe
- STEM through Project and Competence Based Learning: a practical workshop
- Non-formal education methods and tools: a practical workshop
Day 3: ICT and flipped classroom for Project Based Learning
- Project Based Learning: overview on best practices in Europe
ICT based, web and digital tools: successful methods and tools in practice
- Websites, mobile apps, desktop programs and electronic products for teaching and learning: an overview
Day 4: Problem-solving, decision-making and project design
- Identifying problems, addressing objectives
- Project design and Project Cycle Management (PCM)
Day 5: A new beginning
- Visit to a local school involved in these topics and brainstorming with its relevant staff (upon availability)
- Cultural visit of the city centre, celebrating the “European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018”
- Planning the follow up: future projects together
- Course evaluation
- Releasing of official course certifications.
DATES & PLACES
• 27-31 July, Marcellinara (IT)
• 2-6 August, Valletta (MT)
• 3-7 September, Tropea (IT)
• 10-14 September, Helsinki (FI)
• 19-23 September, Tropea (IT)
• 24-28 September, Rome (IT)
• 29 September - 3 October, London (UK)
• 8-12 October, Berlin (DE)
• 13-17 October, Brussels (BE)
• 29 October – 2 November, Utrecht (NL)
• 5-9 November, Milan (IT)
• 12-16 November, Madrid (ES)
• 27 November – 1 December, Rome (IT)
• 2-6 December, Brussels (IT)
• 12-16 December, Marcellinara (IT)
2019, first semester (second semester to be announced):
• 08-12 January, Rome (IT)
• 13-17 January, Berlin (DE)
• 21-25 January, Marcellinara (IT)
• 28 January-1 February, London (UK)
• 03-07 February, Milan (IT)
• 19-23 February, Barcelona (ES)
• 14-18 March, Brussels (BE)
• 19-23 March, Rome (IT)
• 26-30 March, Marcellinara (IT)
• 9-13 April, Milan (IT). N.B.: same dates of the Design Week!
• 23-27 April, Utrecht (NL). N.B.: 26-27 April is King’s Day!
• 29 April-03 May, Naples (IT)
• 06-10 May, Tropea (IT)
• 16-20 May, Brussels (BE)
• 21-25 May, Brighton (UK)
• 03-07 June, Badolato (IT)
• 19-23 June, Rome (IT)
• 25-30 June-04 July, Helsinki (FI)
• 8-12 July, Tropea (IT)
• 17-21 July, Malta
• 23-27 July, Matera (IT) N.B. Matera is the European Capital of Culture 2019!
• to be continued…
Based on formal, informal and non-formal education, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for reflecting, working and learning. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools:
• face-to-face lessons
• team-building and team-working
• best practice case-studies
• multimedia and web resources
• project based working
• practical laboratory
• brainstorming and focus-group
• self and group assessment and evaluation.
After the confirmation and before starting, we check the previous knowledge and experience of participants, as well as their specific needs related to the topics of our training course. In addition, we will provide some documents and learning contents of our “Library of Methods & Tools” in order to start getting involved in topics and subjects that will be taught.
All participants are expected to maintain access and communication with the rest of their colleagues as well as with the trainer and participate in useful discussions either through the virtual classroom platform and via e-mail. Trainers and company will also be available for any further questions for a period of 5 months after the end of the course, either through e-mail, virtual classroom platform, individual Skype calls, telephone or WhatsApp. By means of all these tools, we aim to get an effective follow-up, to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time.
The entire training catalogue is supported by an international team of experts in project management of European projects. The coordinator and main trainer of the event is Alessandro Gariano: founder and manager of Enjoy Italy, active in education and training as well as local development and destination management; trainer of teachers and for educational organisations (110+ in-services trainings provided, 900+ trainees); youth trainer in the context of non-formal education; project designer, project manager and expert of EU Programmes.
Enjoy Italy is a small company aiming to animate, stimulate and support the sustainable development of citizens, territories and communities. Either in Italy and Europe. It has been founded by a dynamic and passionate young professional on few but solid values: responsibility, identity, inclusion, sharing, lifelong learning, civic awareness and sustainability. And a vivid passion for its land.
Two are the specific areas of its action:
- Education & Training: provision of tools and opportunities for a personal, social, cultural and professional growth. For responsible citizens and communities. It provided 150+ in-service trainings to 1300+ teachers and professionals and, in addition, 20+ trainings to 500+ trainees in the context of non-formal education.
- Local Development & Destination Management and: assistance to public and private entities in developing vision and goals, providing advice and services during the entire life cycle of a project. For sustainable destinations.
The company has got some relevant experience in the design and management of different projects within several EU Programmes and Erasmus+ KA1 and KA2 in particular, as well as in the education and training field, both at national and international level.
Total number of hours is 25. Each daily session (average number of hours per day is 5) includes:
• individual counselling
• daily evaluation.
Leisure activities after the training session can be organised on request.
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with a certificate of attendance and the Europass Mobility Certificate (upon request of the sending organisation).
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us (check here under). We will be delighted to find out the best solution for you. Together.
- 29.10.2018 > 02.11.2018 (Confirmed)
- 23.04.2019 > 27.04.2019 (Confirmed)
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.