Non-formal education at school. In&Outdoor methods and tools to empower students key competences, participation and learning - Finland
1. Understanding non-formal education principles, within the context of cooperative learning, blended learning and flipped classroom
2. Acquiring effective and best practice methods and tools
3. Checking how to transfer non-formal education to formal contexts in order to foster key competences, participation and learning of students
4. Familiarise with principles, powerful techniques, tips and tools on how to plan and implement an innovative educational curriculum
Day 1: Welcome
- Presentation of the course and participants
- Brainstorming and team building
- Key competences and skills for the 21st Century: an interactive introduction
- Cooperative learning, blended learning and flipped classroom in Europe: features, values and best practices
- Multimedia, ICT and web tools for non-formal learning: overview and practical workshop for the creation of video-lessons, digital learning contents, blended lessons and more
Day 3-Day 4
- Practical workshops of outdoor and indoor non-formal methods and tools covering different topics and fostering several competences: energizers and team-building, theatre, storytelling and video-making, role-playing, simulation and team games, environmental education tools, interactive workshops, etc
- Non-formal education methods and Erasmus+: overview and best practices
Day 5: A new beginning
- Visit to a significant local school and talk with its relevant staff (upon availability)
- Cultural visit of the city centre, together with a professional tour leader
- Planning the follow up: future projects together
- Course evaluation
- Releasing of official course certifications.
Total number of hours is 25. Each daily session (average number of hours per day is 5) includes:
• individual counselling
• daily evaluation.
Leisure activities after the training session can be organised on request.
Based on formal, informal and non-formal education, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for reflecting, working and learning. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools:
• face-to-face lessons
• team-building and team-working
• best practice case-studies
• multimedia and web resources
• project based working
• practical laboratory
• brainstorming and focus-group
• self and group assessment and evaluation.
Since this course has several features in common with other courses (as you can check on this platform), sometimes participants will be all together, sometimes with some other participants, sometimes alone, depending on the specific programme. In this way we also intend to foster the cooperation and exchange between them all, as well as the knowledge of other school education systems and practices.
After the confirmation and before starting, we check the previous knowledge and experience of participants, as well as their specific needs related to the topics of our training course. In addition, we will provide some documents and learning contents of our “Library of Methods & Tools” in order to start getting involved in topics and subjects that will be taught.
All participants are expected to maintain access and communication with the rest of their colleagues as well as with the trainer and participate in useful discussions either through the virtual classroom platform and via e-mail. Trainers and company will also be available for any further questions for a period of 5 months after the end of the course, either through e-mail, virtual classroom platform, individual Skype calls, telephone or WhatsApp. By means of all these tools, we aim to get an effective follow-up, to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time.
The entire training catalogue is supported by an international team of experts in project management of European projects. The coordinator and main trainer of the event is Alessandro Gariano: founder and manager of Enjoy Italy, active in education and training as well as local development and destination management; trainer of teachers and for educational organisations (110+ in-services trainings provided, 900+ trainees); youth trainer in the context of non-formal education; project designer, project manager and expert of EU Programmes.
Enjoy Italy is a small company aiming to animate, stimulate and support the sustainable development of citizens, territories and communities. Either in Italy and Europe. It has been founded by a dynamic and passionate young professional on few but solid values: responsibility, identity, inclusion, sharing, lifelong learning, civic awareness and sustainability. And a vivid passion for its land.
Two are the specific areas of its action:
- Education & Training: provision of tools and opportunities for a personal, social, cultural and professional growth. For responsible citizens and communities. It provided 150+ in-service trainings to 1300+ teachers and professionals and, in addition, 20+ trainings to 500+ trainees in the context of non-formal education.
- Local Development & Destination Management and: assistance to public and private entities in developing vision and goals, providing advice and services during the entire life cycle of a project. For sustainable destinations.
The company has got some relevant experience in the design and management of different projects within several EU Programmes and Erasmus+ KA1 and KA2 in particular, as well as in the education and training field, both at national and international level.
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with a certificate of attendance together with the Europass Mobility Certificate (upon request of the sending organisation).
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be delighted to find out the best solution for you. Together.
DATES & PLACES
• 08-12 January, Rome (IT)
• 13-17 January, Berlin (DE)
• 21-25 January, Marcellinara (IT)
• 28 January-1 February, London (UK)
• 03-07 February, Milan (IT)
• 19-23 February, Barcelona (ES)
• 04-08 March, London (UK)
• 14-18 March, Brussels (BE)
• 19-23 March, Rome (IT)
• 26-30 March, Marcellinara (IT)
• 9-13 April, Milan (IT). N.B.: same dates of the Design Week!
• 14-18 April, Utrecht (NL)
• 29 April-03 May, Naples (IT)
• 06-10 May, Tropea (IT)
• 17-21 May, Brussels (BE)
• 03-07 June, Catanzaro Lido (IT)
• 10-14 June, London (UK)
• 19-23 June, Rome (IT)
• 25-29 June, Helsinki (FI): “English for education" course only
• 30 June-04 July, Helsinki (FI)
• 8-12 July, London (UK)
• 22-26 July, Tropea (IT)
• 29 July-02 Aug, Malta
• 30 August-03 September, Matera (IT) N.B. Matera is the European Capital of Culture 2019!
• 4-8 September, Rome (IT)
• 9-13 September, Crete (GR)
• 16-20 September, London (UK)
• 2-6 October, Tropea (IT)
• 30 October-03 November, Rome (IT)
• 7-11 November, Brussels (BE)
• 12-16 November, Utrecht (NL)
• 18-22 November, Helsinki (FI)
• 25-29 November, London (UK)
• 10-14 December, Madrid (ES)
• 16-20 December, Rome (IT)
For 2020 CALENDAR, please visit our webiste.
- 16.11.2019 > 20.11.2019 (Confirmed)
- 14.06.2020 > 18.06.2020
- 01.12.2020 > 05.12.2020
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
This course was very positive and beneficial because it provided me with new ideas and various materials to use in my teaching practice. I had the opportunity to share my knowledge and to learn about new educational realities as well as new teaching methodologies. The subjects dealt with showed coherence and quality, as they were to meet the work I do with my students in the classroom and it is good to learn more often. There was always a great teamwork and interaction between all the participants and the trainer. The tools used and the methods applied were partly unknown to me, but I believe they will add value to my teaching performance and the motivation of student learning. The tools / methods (edmondo, padlet, bookcreator, flipped, tes teach, storytelling, etc.) are pedagogical strategies that foster collaborative learning; positive interaction in the classroom; cognitive and self-learning flexibility; teacher and student motivation; problem-solving and the inter-help / spirit of sharing and good educational practices. I believe that all this that has been presented to us in the course will try to put into practice in my daily life with the students. All content was explained clearly and effectively, but I think it would have been important to have spent more time exploring the above tools (I know my course was not ICT, but I always like to learn a bit more). In terms of organization, the schedule was adequate as it gave time to learn the subjects of the course and simultaneously to visit some typical places of the Netherlands. I want to thank you for this unique experience. Regarding the physical space where the course took place, I think it became a bit small when the group was all together. We were many. However, it was a welcoming space and the people who worked there were very friendly and helpful. As far as communication / interaction with the trainer is concerned, I think it was good. At first I felt intimidated by so many participants and had to communicate in English with everyone and the trainer. I'm a little shy when I do not know people. I gradually realized that they were all very friendly and I managed to overcome my inhibitions. The trainer helped me a lot throughout the course, began to notice my preferences (flowers) and was always attentive to my difficulties. It was a trainer who conveyed the contents effectively and clarified the doubts whenever anyone needed it. I think it was very important for him to be able to establish a spirit of collaboration, interaction and dialogue between people from all over the world. We became close to each other, having this proximity was fostered by the trainer, changing the elements of the groups, creating interactive activities among people from different countries. I liked Alex and his sympathy. I want to thank you for all the support and attention. Congratulations on your professionalism. Isabel Mota Fernandes 12-05-2018
Translate (Registered users only)