CLIL trough innovative digital tools and effective non-formal education methods - Finland
1. Become aware of the key issues related to CLIL methodology for English – as well as Spanish or Italian – as second language, within the context of the blended, flipped and cooperative learning
2. Understanding and acquiring effective methods and tools to implement CLIL for STEAM, Geography, History, Entrepreneurship and more
3. Design and develop concrete CLIL teaching and learning contents and projects
4. Getting inspired on how to integrate CLIL in flippled and blended learning through ICT and digital tools
5. Getting inspired on how to develop CLIL with non-formal learning methods and tools
Day 1: Welcome
- Presentation of the course and participants
- Brainstorming and team building
- Key competences and skills for the 21st Century: an interactive introduction
- Cooperative learning, blended learning and flipped classroom in Europe: features, values and best practices
Day 2: CLIL planning through blended learning and flippled classroom
- CLIL through ICT based, digital and web tools: overview and practical workshop
- Websites, web-wares and apps for teaching and learning: an overview
- Collaborative web tools and platforms
- Practical laboratory: step-by-step process and guidance.
Day 3: CLIL through non-formal learning for different subjects and key competences
- CLIL and non-formal learning: overview and practical workshop of some of the best-practice indoor & outdoor methods and tools
Day 4: Digital story-telling and multimedia to implement a CLIL curriculum for STEAM, Geography, History and more
- Video-editing for teaching
- Create a video-story
- Create an interactive video-lesson
- Create a digital, multimedial book
- Web-pages and comic-strips
- Practical laboratory: step-by-step process and guidance.
Day 5: A new beginning
- Visit to a significant local school and talk with its relevant staff (upon availability). When this is not available (due to Covid restrictions, e.g.): presentation of the hosting Country educational system
- Cultural visit of the city centre, together with a professional tour leader
- Planning the follow up: future projects together
- Course evaluation & releasing of official course certifications.
N.B Different periods and venues can be freely chosen by the sending organisation, upon request and after checking our availability.
The total number of hours is about 25. Each daily session (average number of hours per day is 5) includes:
• individual counselling
• daily evaluation.
Leisure activities after the training session can be organised on request.
Based on formal, informal and non-formal education, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for reflecting, working and learning. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools:
• interactive lessons
• team-building and team-working
• best practice case-studies
• multimedia and web resources
• project based working
• practical laboratory
• brainstorming and focus-group
• self and group assessment and evaluation.
Since this course has several features in common with other courses (as you can check on this platform), sometimes participants will be all together, sometimes with some other participants, sometimes alone, depending on the specific programme. In this way we also intend to foster the cooperation and exchange between them all, as well as the knowledge of other school education systems and practices.
After the confirmation and before starting, we check the previous knowledge and experience of participants, as well as their specific needs related to the topics of our training course. In addition, we will provide some documents and learning contents of our “Library of Methods & Tools” in order to start getting involved in topics and subjects that will be taught.
All participants are expected to maintain access and communication with the rest of their colleagues as well as with the trainer and participate in useful discussions either through the virtual classroom platform and via e-mail. Trainers and company will also be available for any further questions for a period of 5 months after the end of the course, either through e-mail, virtual classroom platform, individual Skype calls, telephone or WhatsApp. By means of all these tools, we aim to get an effective follow-up, to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time.
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with a certificate of attendance, while the Europass Mobility Certificate will be issued upon request of the sending organisation.
The entire training catalogue is supported by an international team of experts in different branches education and training. The coordinator and main trainer of the event is Alessandro Gariano: founder and manager of Enjoy Italy (see here under); trainer of teachers and for educational organisations (110+ in-services trainings provided, 900+ trainees); youth trainer in the context of non-formal education; project designer, project manager and expert of EU Programmes.
Enjoy Italy is an education&training company aiming to animate, stimulate and support the sustainable development of citizens, territories and communities all around Europe. It has been founded by a dynamic and passionate young professional on few but solid values: responsibility, identity, inclusion, sharing, lifelong learning, civic awareness and sustainability. And a vivid passion for both its land and Europe.
Two are the specific areas of its action:
- Education & Training: provision of tools and opportunities for a professional, social and cultural growth. For responsible citizens and communities. Towards the innovation of European education.
The company provided 150+ in-service trainings to 1200+ teachers and professionals and, in addition, 20+ trainings to 500+ trainees in the context of non-formal education.
- Local Development & Destination Management and: assistance to public and private entities in developing vision and goals, providing advice and services during the entire life cycle of a project. For sustainable destinations.
The company has got some relevant experience in the design and management of different projects within several EU Programmes and Erasmus+ KA1 and KA2 in particular, as well as in the education and training field, both at national and international level.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us (check here under). We will be delighted to find out the best solution for you. Together.
DATES & PLACES
15-19 November, Utrecht (NL)
29 November-03 December, Rome (IT)
13-17 December, Padua (IT
10-14 January, Rome (IT)
24-28 January, Padua (IT)
07-11 February, Dublin (IE)
14-18 March, Berlin (DE)
21-25 March, Venice (IT)
04-08 April, Verona (IT) (Vinitaly starts on 10 April!
20-24 April, Brussels (BE)
25-29 April, Utrecht (NL) (King’s Day on 26-27 April!)
09-13 May, Naples (IT)
24-28 May, Venice (IT)
06-10 June, Rome (IT)
20-24 June, Porto (PT) (St. John feast on 23-24 June!)
04-08 July, Helsinki (FI)
12-16 July, Tropea (IT)
01-05 Aug, Valletta (Malta)
05-09 September, Amalfi Coast (IT)
19-23 September, Madrid (ES)
02-06 October, Helsinki (FI)
10-14 October, Padua (IT)
18-22 October, Prague (CZ)
14-18 November, Utrecht (NL)
28 November-02 December, Rome (IT)
12-16 December, Paris (FR).
As for 2023 and for further information, please contact us or visit our webiste.
- 04.07.2023 > 08.07.2023
- 02.10.2023 > 06.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 49067.
There are no reviews for this course.