BUILDING A POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT- Classroom management, communication skills, effective teaching and learning (6-day)
A positive, productive learning environment in the classroom is fundamental to students' academic, emotional and social success and progress. Teachers who establish classrooms that are supportive, caring, challenging, and academically strong build a positive learning environment. Classroom management techniques; communication skills; effective strategies for teaching and learning; discipline methods; effective routines and climate are basic components of a positive learning environment in the classroom that allows students to feel comfortable and safe; enhance their motivation and progress; and develop the sense of belonging.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about how to build a positive learning environment, as well as practical guidelines to integrate activities and implement programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants.
The amount of 480 euro includes course fees, course materials, entrance to museums and tours.
During the course, participants will:
- examine techniques for effective Classroom management
- discover ways to develop communication skills with their pupils
- learn productive ways to control stress, tiredness and pressure
- understand and address students’ diversity during teaching
- learn techniques to maximize pupils attention and learning experiences
- examine routines, norms and practices that improve teaching and learning
- learn ways to handle behavioral problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying
- examine the use of technology for classroom management
- visit schools and discuss good practices with teachers
- observe and discuss teaching lessons
- visit sites, museums and monuments in Cyprus and plan activities/ programmes
After confirming registration, participants will be informed about the details of the course (arrival, daily programme). Participants will be able to introduce themselves and bring a few examples of routines and practices that they apply to their teaching.
WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves; discussion about routines and practices that they use in their teaching practice; course programme overview.
THEORY • The role of classroom management; how effective classroom management can be achieved? Teaching procedures and routines; practices that improve teaching and learning; creating effective classroom setup.
THEORY • Efficient communication skills; verbal and non-verbal communication; time management; factors that influence teaching and learning; techniques to maximize pupils’ attention and learning experiences; the use of technology for classroom management.
TOUR IN LIMASSOL • Visit to Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum • Data collection for the group work.
THEORY • Controlling stress, tiredness and pressure; understanding and addressing students’ diversity; behavioral problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying; teaching skills & teachers’ competence; school climate & policy; the role of curriculum; dealing with parents; relationships with the staff and administration; observation and discussion of teaching lessons. GROUP WORK
VISIT • Visit to a primary /secondary school and discussion with the teachers. • Outdoor activities in museum, galleries and parks • Data collection for group work. GROUP WORK
CLOSURE OF THE COURSE • Presentation of group work, review of the project, conclusions, certificates.
- 18.07.2020 > 23.07.2020 (ID: 67621, Confirmed))
- Register before 15.07.2020
- 31.10.2020 > 05.11.2020 (ID: 67620, Confirmed))
- Register before 26.10.2020
- 05.12.2020 > 10.12.2020 (ID: 104218)
- Register before 30.11.2020
- 10.04.2021 > 15.04.2021 (ID: 104216)
- Register before 05.04.2021
- 05.06.2021 > 10.06.2021 (ID: 104217)
- Register before 31.05.2021
- 24.07.2021 > 29.07.2021 (ID: 104215, Confirmed))
- Register before 19.07.2021
- 30.10.2021 > 04.11.2021 (ID: 133253)
- Register before 25.10.2021
- 04.12.2021 > 09.12.2021 (ID: 133252)
- Register before 29.11.2021
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 47854.
There are no reviews for this course.