LEARNING TO CODE THROUGH ROBOTICS: A real action based way to understand computer programming
Learn about robotics and develop your coding skills through robotics!
Develop teaching skills and methods to help your students learn computer programming contents and techniques with a reality based approach using robots.
Help your students develop algorithmic thinking skills and STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) contents through robotics and coding.
- Lego Education and Carnegie Mellon methodology;
- Introduction to robotics;
- EV3 hardware and software;
- Programming inputs (sensors) and outputs (motors);
- Loops and conditions;
- Variables, data types and operators;
- Robotics class management;
- Robotics in the school curriculum.
- Brief introduction to each of the topics.
- Participants are involved in practical tasks including robot hardware assembly, adjustment and configuration, programming and debugging;
- Participants solve suggested tasks and challenges using EV3 software and hardware. Each one or two participants (depending on the number of course participants) will have one computer and one EV3 robot to practice and solve the suggested challenges;
- Participants share experiences and best solutions in group and plenary sessions;
- Individually or in groups, participants reflect and debate on robotics class management and robotics introduction in the school curriculum.
The course fee is 420€.
Cultural visits and meals are paid separately;
Algarve cultural visit has the cost of 50€. Participants not willing to join the cultural visit must notify ACJI 15 days before course starts.
The course participants will get a Certificate of participation and a Declaration of Obtained Competences.
The competences acquired will be validated by the course organizers on the Europass mobility. Participants must ask their national agency to issue the Europass (Visit our website Documents – Europass mobility).
- 18.08.2020 > 22.08.2020 (ID: 108159)
- Register before 26.06.2020
- 17.08.2021 > 21.08.2021 (ID: 108158)
- Register before 25.06.2021
- 15.08.2022 > 19.08.2022 (ID: 127590)
- Register before 05.08.2022
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.