FACING BEHAVIOURAL PROBLEMS –Indiscipline, racism and bullying in the classroom (6-day)
Behavioural problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying influence school, interrupt teaching, distract students' attention and affect students’ learning and mental health. Behavioural management is very important during teaching. With appropriate guidance, activities and programmes behavioural incidents can be reduced. Organizing school community; promoting democracy, equality and diversity; taking part in creative activities, participating in competitions; implementing drama activities, museum visits, outdoors projects and many other activities these phenomena can be reduced benefiting all pupils.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about indiscipline, racism and bullying, as well as practical guidelines to implement range of activities, projects and programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
The amount of 730 euro includes course fees, course materials, entrance to museums, tours and accommodation B&B (without accommodation the fees are 480 euro).
During the course, participants will:
- discuss the role of effective behavioural management during teaching
- get a range of teaching ideas, practices, routines and policies that can control everyday incidents, reduce expanding and repetition
- get informed about indiscipline, racism and bullying in pre-primary, primary and secondary education
- get informed about practical guidelines and steps that can reduce these phenomena
- plan a range of activities, projects and programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life
- get informed about the anti-racist and anti-bulling programs that are implemented in Cyprus by the Ministry of Education and other private organizations
- examine the use of technology for reducing behavioural problems
- discuss examples of activities/ programmes from participants’ countries
- visit cultural places and plan activities.
After confirming registration, participants will be informed about the details of the course (arrival, daily programme etc.). Participants will be able to introduce themselves to other participants and mention some examples of their student's behavioural problems.
WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves, mention some examples of their student's behavioural problems, discuss practices and policies, course programme overview.
THEORY • How problematic behaviour occurs; guidelines to handle it before expanding and repetition; the dynamic of class; the role of effective behavioural management; teaching ideas, practices, routines and policies that can control everyday incidents; focusing pupils’ attention to interesting activities like projects, explorations and tours.
THEORY • Indiscipline in pre-primary, primary and secondary education (kinds, characteristics, roles, effects, examples, practical guidelines that can reduce indiscipline, programmes). • Examine the use of technology for reducing behavioural problems. • Racism in pre-primary, primary and secondary education (kinds, characteristics, roles, effects, examples, good practices, practical steps that can reduce racist incidents).
TOUR IN LIMASSOL • Visit at Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum • Data collection for the group work.
THEORY • Bullying in pre-primary, primary and secondary education (kinds, characteristics, roles, effects, examples, good practices, practical guidelines that can reduce bullying incidents). • Anti-racist and anti-bulling programs implemented in Cyprus by the Ministry of Education and other private organizations. • Plan activities, events, projects and programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life. GROUP WORK
TOUR IN NICOSIA • Visit at Ledra Museum & Observatory (observing the town from 40m high) and Leventis Museum . • Traditional city center ‘Laiki Gitonia’ . • Data collection for the group work.
CLOSURE OF THE COURSE
• Presentation of group work, review of the project, conclusion, certificates.
- 19.10.2019 > 24.10.2019 (ID: 47654, Confirmed))
- Register before 14.10.2019
- 14.03.2020 > 19.03.2020 (ID: 67626)
- Register before 09.03.2020
- 11.07.2020 > 16.07.2020 (ID: 67628)
- Register before 06.07.2020
- 24.10.2020 > 29.10.2020 (ID: 67627)
- Register before 19.10.2020
- 13.03.2021 > 18.03.2021 (ID: 104213)
- Register before 08.03.2021
- 15.05.2021 > 20.05.2021 (ID: 104214)
- Register before 10.05.2021
- 10.07.2021 > 15.07.2021 (ID: 104212)
- Register before 05.07.2021
- 23.10.2021 > 28.10.2021 (ID: 104211)
- Register before 18.10.2021
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
Really good course with excellent knowledge base that is based on relevant topics. Highly recommend this course!
Translate (Registered users only)
Thank you for this course. Interesting programme, nice place, professional trainer. Regards, Ewa
Translate (Registered users only)