FACING BEHAVIOURAL PROBLEMS –Indiscipline, racism and bullying in the classroom (6-day)
Behavioural problems like indiscipline, racism and bullying influence school community, interrupt teaching, distract students' attention and affect students’ learning and development. Effective behavior management is very important for a successful teaching. With appropriate guidance, activities and programmes, behavioural incidents can be evaluated and addressed using appropriate methods and practices, thus significantly reducing their frequency.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about indiscipline, racism and bullying, as well as practical guidelines to implement range of activities, projects and programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants. There is also the possibility to extend the course to 7-day.
The fees for 6-day course: 480 euro (includes course fees, course material, museum tickets and tours). The fees for 7-day course: 560 euro.
During the course, participants will:
• discuss the role of effective behavioural management during teaching
• get a range of teaching ideas, practices, routines and policies that can control everyday incidents, reduce expanding and repetition
• get informed about indiscipline, racism and bullying in pre-primary, primary and secondary education
• examine activities in a multicultural classroom for team building; activities that encourage communication; empathy & the sense of belonging.
• get informed about practical guidelines and steps that can reduce these phenomena
• plan a range of activities, projects and programmes across the areas of curriculum and school life
• examine the use of technology for reducing behavioural problems
• discuss examples of activities/ programmes from participants’ countries
• visit cultural places and plan activities.
After confirming registration, participants will be informed about the details of the course (arrival, daily programme etc.). Participants will be able to introduce themselves to other participants and mention some examples of their student's behavioural problems.
• Warm up activities
• Bahavioural problems in school
• Behavioural assessment and analysis
• Activities for team building
• The role of effective behavioural management
• ICT tools for sharing data & communication
• Indiscipline, a complex phenomenon
• How to deal with indiscipline
• Activities that encourage communication
• Dealing with student conflicts
• Activities that enhance empathy & the sense of belonging
• Anti-racist and anti-bulling programs implemented in Cyprus
• Visit to Limassol Old city center, Carob Mill Museum, Medieval Castle & Museum and other monuments.
• Doing activities in the city center.
• Data collection for the group work
• Racism dimensions
• Dealing with migrant students' challenges
• Activities in a multicultural classroom
• Dealing with racist incidents
• Steps to manage racist incidents
• Celebrating diversity in school
• Doing art activities
• Bullying dimensions
• Dealing with bullying incidents
• Creating a secure and enriching environment
• Finding resources
• Activities for cultural awareness and expression
• Dealing with parents
• Participants complete the group work, presentation of group work, review of the course, certificates.
DAY 7 (optional)
• Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics, Paphos Medieval Castle and port.
- 11.07.2020 > 16.07.2020 (ID: 67628)
- Register before 06.07.2020
- 24.10.2020 > 29.10.2020 (ID: 67627)
- Register before 19.10.2020
- 13.03.2021 > 18.03.2021 (ID: 104213)
- Register before 08.03.2021
- 15.05.2021 > 20.05.2021 (ID: 104214)
- Register before 10.05.2021
- 10.07.2021 > 15.07.2021 (ID: 104212)
- Register before 05.07.2021
- 23.10.2021 > 28.10.2021 (ID: 104211)
- Register before 18.10.2021
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 31611.
There are no reviews for this course.