CULTURE AND HERITAGE IN SPAIN. A SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE CONNECTED WITH THE LOCAL ENVIRONMENT.
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
CULTURE AND HERITAGE course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
You will learn how to preserve and disseminate the local heritage that all of us have in our cities. Iceland will show you old legends and stunning places so you can prepare the same taking in account your teaching background and your own knowledge of your country. Travel journal will be used as a notebook to take notes of the course and where to write the inputs received every day. Finally, teachers will summarize the course in a short presentation making comparisons between Iceland and their own countries. This is the way to learn how to preserve and disseminate the local heritage that all of us have in our cities.
CULTURE AND HERITAGE course is based on practical lessons and trips to discover local heritage based on different fields of education. The course will have amazing visits, stunning sightseeing, lectures and workshops to ensure full comprehension of the final task. You will receive pills of knowledge about different fields of Education such as Science, Nature, History, Literature, Geography, … enjoying old legends of Iceland and visiting stunning places of the island. Everyday you’ll have a task to do related to the final job that every teacher should present on the last day.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize workshops, networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities are a very good example of how to organise activities in a possible common future KA2 project. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
Teachers will have the chance to assess the Iceland preservation of Nature and they have to trace a guideline to do with their own students once they have returned to their countries. By the end of the course, participants should know how to preserve their local heritage thanks to Icelandic experience. To ensure that, participants will work on a travel journey taking notes about inputs received by different trainers they will have daily in the course. So, teachers will acquire concrete skills on how to design a plan to conserve local culture and work with their own students. Furthermore, trainers will make extensive use of evidence-based examples and experiences.
In the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
CULTURE AND HERITAGE course covers all the needs of the project cycle to preserve local culture. As a teacher, you will have to adapt Iceland experience to your personal situation and your own reality in order to create a successful plan. The plan will start developing the idea, finding the right partners, designing a successful project, assessing during all the process –not only at the end– to manage properly and reporting it. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
- To improve the knowledge about how to create preservation projects in order to foster European integration based on local culture.
- To empower and to train teachers, education staff and those interested in preserving local Heritage.
- To know a great experience based on legend and culture and be able to transfer the good practices in a satisfactory way to their own school centers.
- To strengthen European collaboration and real networking among participants in the course.
- To share experiences of local collaboration and national projects from different organizations in order to be more effective in our proposal.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Improve their practical skills related to the preservation of local heritage.
- Meet very interesting teachers and acquire great knowledge about other local cultures.
- Learn how they should work with students, families and local administration in order to create a common objective.
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing Local European Preservation Projects.
By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
- Pass from the idea of the local action to write a proposal in order to do it.
- Embrace the concept of working together and following simple guidelines.
- Motivate their students in nature and culture preservation.
- Think globally and act locally.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time. Moreover, participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of teachers and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even other kinds of collaboration. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation and the delivery of the certificates of attendance to finish the course on Saturday morning with other free cultural activity.
Moreover, you can enjoy the Erasmus spirit thanks to the free and optional activities that the company offers during the week.
- Free cultural activity on Monday afternoon: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. After the welcoming session, you will visit Alicante Castle downtown in an educational tour included in course fees.
CULTURE AND HERITAGE course will attend sessions during 2022 and 2023 in following dates:
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 2nd July to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 23rd April to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 16th July to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 15th October to Saturday 21st.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 650€, and includes course fees, 12h South Coast tour in Iceland and 8h Boat trip to Tabarca Island in Spain, support free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.
- 08.10.2023 > 14.10.2023
- Register before 01.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 291824.
There are no reviews for this course.