Cultural heritage is something that all human beings share; wherever we come from there is a culture that follows us from that place. No matter where you grow up, where you go, your culture will always be something you can take with you. Cultural heritage can come in many forms: tangible, intangible, and natural. Tangible heritage consists of artifacts like sculptures, paintings, manuscripts, etc. Intangible heritage consists of oral tradition, rituals, and performing arts. Natural heritage consist of cultural landscapes and geological landscapes, any type of landscape that is naturally formed. It is very important that we protect our cultural heritage so our future generations can continue to look upon their past as we do. The importance behind the types of cultural heritages in a student’s life should be relevant in their education.
Heritage education is a pedagogical process in which students are able to learn about heritage resources, and it will be a significant part of the citizenship curriculum, bringing students to understand their own cultures from the past, and how the past heritage has developed and transformed alongside history, bringing the past to the present
The basic idea of heritage education is to offer opportunities to engage in experiences to learn new concepts and skills. By directly experiencing or analysing cultural heritage, learners gain knowledge, intellectual skills and a wider range of competences on issues such as cultural heritage maintenance or societal well-being.
Heritage should be part of official school curriculum or an extracurricular activity and provide relevant skills based on a multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral approach. Heritage education helps to develop a better understanding and respect of our living environment, ourselves and the others.
BENEFITS OF CULTURAL HERITAGE COURSE;
*Connecting and appreciate cultural heritage
*learning opens doors for sharing and exploring the world while never really leaving the classroom
*Digging into a culture
*Inspiring to create and learn as those from the past
*Carrying forward cultural heritage
*Carrying forward concepts, ideas, literature and belief
*Connecting with around us
*Protecting Cultural Heritage
OBJECTIVES OF CULTURAL HERITAGE COURSE
- To preserve and expose the cultural heritage of our ancestors
- To Explain what cultural heritage is, its different types and how it has emerged as an area of public policy
- To Identify the key actors of cultural heritage governance
- To Evaluate the impacts of cultural heritage projects on cities
- To Explain the tensions between urban development and cultural heritage
-To Compare the governance of heritage in different cities or countries
- To understand the general idea of culture
- To demonstrate the different aspects of culture
- To identify tangible and intangible cultural elements
- To explore different methods to teaching a cultural heritage or diversity lesson
- To explain the concept of the experiential learning cycle and how it is used in teaching.
- To have teachers reflect on their own practice of teaching heritage and diversity themes
- To develop outlines of a curriculum for teaching cultural heritage and cultural diversity in their classrooms
OUR COURSE PROGRAMME
- Welcome Activities/IceBreaker Activities
- What is Culture and Cultural Heritage?
- What are the elements of Cultural Heritage?
- Cultural Diversity
-Perspectives of Cultural Heritage
- Analysing Cultural Heritage & Diversity
- General concepts related to Cultural Heritage and Cultural Diversity
- Pedagogical practices on cultural heritage and diversity teaching
- Cultural history
- Heritage through museum
- Heritage through activism
- Heritage through professiona development
- Cultural Heritage through Art
- Forms of Cultural Heritage
-Tangible , Intangible, Natural, Digital forms of Heritage
- Cultural Awareness
- Educational approaches to Cultural Heritage
- Heritage and identity
- Heritage and Language
- Heritage and environment
- How can we maintain cultural heritage?
- Participating in Traditions
- Record your Culture
- Some important Cultural Heritage sites
- Evaluation of the course programme
- Certificate Ceremony
- Cultural Trips (if you want, it can be nearby cities)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 288674.
There are no reviews for this course.