Wellbeing and resilience training for teachers MARTINIQUE (CARIBBEAN SEA)
Wellbeing and resilience training for teachers
Well-being is a positive outcome that is meaningful for people and for many sectors of society, because it tells us that people perceive that their lives are going well. The well-being is associated with: self-perceived health, longevity, healthy behaviors, mental and physical illness, social connectedness, productivity, factors in the physical and social environment. Teacher wellbeing is associated with higher rates of teacher efficiency. The teacher wellbeing as professionals it focuses on the spiritual, physical, mental and social wellness and represents an individual and collective responsibility. In practice it looks different from person to person and place to place. This course will help you recognise the warning signs of poor wellbeing in yourself and others at your school and take action to improve it using multiple methods. It is also designed to support education professionals during challenging times of covid 19. Weeklong training program is based on positive pedagogy and the content of positive learning.
Based on formal, informal and non formal learning, our methodology will try to stimulate active participation, pro-activity, responsibility and sharing of problems and thoughts of all participants involved. In this way, we aim to build a diverse and stimulating environment for studying, reflecting and working. It has a horizontal and practical approach and will make use of the following tools: face-to-face lessons, experiential learning, team-building and team-working, best practice case-studies, driven simulations, role-play, study visits, focus-group, daily evaluation through self, group assessment, etc
PREPARATION AND FOLLOW-UP
BEFORE:Every participant will have to fill a questionnaire which helps the trainers to customize the course to better fit their needs. Attendants will get instructions and material which will help them to be prepared for the courses needs.
AFTER: The participants will get material which includes information about all the areas covered at the course, lesson plans , all the produced outcomes of the course, useful links and more.
By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
-learn more about health and wellbeing and how important is at work
-manage the daily stresses in their life and in teaching
-learn how to develop intrinsec motivation in order to be physically active for physical health and mental wellbeing
-understand the actions and the different techniques needed to provide wellbeing
-explore different types of mindset and how to influence them for more positive effects.
-improve with different techniques to relax and the benefits of rest and recovery from the stresses of everyday life
-learn strength-oriented guiding, teaching and strength pedagogy
-understand the positive power of team building activities and feel more confident and ready to re-use and adjust the practiced exercises
-learn strategies that provide students with a safe, warm, stress-free environment at school
-learn how to provide care, compassion and empathy among learners
-empower teachers with the tools to help bring the students to a place of connection and safety
The programme is designed on learning modules. The detailed agenda will be given after pre-registration.
1. Course opening event: Presentation of participants using Facebook offline; Carusel method: Contributions, Fears, Expectations, Ground rules; Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes;
2. Soft skills vs Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Why is emotional intelligence important in soft skills? What are the soft skills that fall to EQ? The importance of EQ in the workplace.
Communication style management. Assertiveness in the Workplace. Role play. Games, methods and tools for improving communication and relationship.
Intercultural lunch. Country presentation/ Institution presentation.
3. Personal values; 5 Why technique; The Theory of Basic Human values of Shalom H. Schwartz; Focus on achievement; Establish challenges; Persistence and Perseverance; Self-motivation for achievement; Self-awareness and self-esteem; The power of emotions; Emotional self-awareness.
4. Stress management in school; Strategies to prevent and cope with stress; ''To Do List'' - 5 Smarter Ways to Organize Yourself to reduce the stress; How to support students to manage stressful situations;
What is creativity? Key principles and benefits of creativity in development soft skills. Ways To Boost Your Creativity. Exercise: Starbursting method to stimulate the creativity. Creativity and resilience; Constructive thinking.
5. Daniel Goleman theory of emotional intelligence. Goleman’s Key Components: Self-Awareness; Motivation; Empathy; Social Skills; Self-Regulation.
Practical work: implementing a relaxation and visualization session and practicing breathing and self-awareness techniques. Strategies to empower teachers to help bring the students to a place of connection and safety
6. Differentiated instruction that increases learners’ engagement; Intrinsec Motivation; How to we build intrinsic motivation? Motivation tools for learners. Planning, support and commitment. The value of failure: world coffee method
How can we improve our teaching style - personal development plan.
7. Approaches to conflict: Types, Sources of conflict; Conflict Management Strategies; Role play: Manage a conflictual situation using one of the strategy to manage conflict;
8. Measures concentrate on student; GROW Model - method for goal setting and problem solving
9. Intra and inter group dynamics. Tools for working with groups, group building activities. Team working: Tuchman’s key stages in a team's development; Belbin team role theory. Tools for working with groups, group building activities. GROW Model - method for goal setting and problem solving. Asking questions – exercise in pairs, reflection and feedback.
10. Dissemination and valorisation activities planning. Qualitative dissemination plan. The differences between promotion and dissemination. Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded with the Europass Mobility Certificate, together with a desciptive certificate of attendance. Both documents will be provided in double language. ( course language and participant national language)
COURSE LENGTH AND FEES
8 days/80 eur/day/pax=640 eur This amount can be fully covered via an Erasmus+ KA1 grant provided by your National Agency.
The course can be deliver according your staff learning needs also in short versions ( 5 or 8 days)
Direct link for pre-registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZI_ak1hxl8hsd5nPe6JiOmE57icLOixotEVYz7MqnSfCk6g/viewform
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 274165.
There are no reviews for this course.