Making Technology Work in the Classroom 2, all inclusive package, Future Learning Dublin
Future Learning is a leading project-based, technology-enhanced English language school with headquarters in Dublin and second centre in the traditional Irish midlands town of Athlone, Ireland. The school offers an innovative and exciting way to learn English and explore Ireland, and is lead by staff with many years of experience in the English language sector.
This course takes place in Future Learning's Dublin Campus.
Making Technology Work in the Classroom is designed with hands-on workshops which give the teacher lots of practical techniques that they can bring back to their classroom. The course is delivered through the medium of English, which gives participants an opportunity to refresh and improve their communication skills in an authentic workplace environment.
Primary and Secondary School Teachers (of English) who are interested in how technology- enhanced learning can be put into practice in their classroom.
By the end of the course, participants will
- Experienced the techniques for the use of technology in the classroom and exposure to EU colleagues leading to an increased capacity to trigger modernisation and international opening within their organisations
- Devised and prepared to run better quality activities and more attractive programmes for their students in line with their needs and expectations through the use of technology mediated collaboration and publication as demonstrated on this course
- Increased potential opportunities for professional and career development through becoming comfortable with technology are better equipped to develop as leaders of implementation projects without their school, or in the educational sector generally
- Increased the potential for motivation and satisfaction in their daily work through becoming more comfortable in the English language as a medium for teaching and learning, and through being able to contribute constructively to technology enhancement programmes in their school and have an input into the direction of these programmes.
The course is delivered through the medium of English, which gives participants an opportunity to refresh and improve their communication skills in an authentic workplace environment. A B2 level of English is recommended.
There are between three and five course hours per day, Monday to Friday totalling 20 hours per week. There will also be two afternoon cultural visits per week.
Future Learning is committed to delivering innovative and effective technology enhanced language learning in our courses and sharing the best practice which we develop through our training programme. This programme offers a mix of English language immersion, cultural exposure and technology enhanced teaching ideas for experienced teachers.
Fees from September 2022 to August 2023
Programmes are on a 7 night basis, no refunds for any nights not used.
AM or PM schedule to be confirmed one month in advance of arrival
● 15 hours classroom based project-based learning through technology, spread over 5 course days
● 5 hours of 2 teacher led cultural activities per week, spread over 2 days
Total 20 hours over 5 course days
● Accommodation option 1: twin room with private bathroom in comfort hotel, full board breakfast, lunch and dinner each course day, breakfast only Saturday and Sunday OR
● Accommodation option 2: single room (standard) in host family accommodation: breakfast, packed lunch and dinner each day (course days + Saturday and Sunday)
● airport transfers on arrival and departure
● bus pass if choosing the comfort hotel option, please note the comfort hotel is available all year round except June to August
● detailed timetable in advance of arrival
● end of project presentation and certificate
Price same per person or mini groups. Minimum of 5 participants required to run this course.
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 251290.
There are no reviews for this course.