The world, our classroom: Museums and cultural landscapes
Welcome to IDEC trainings in Greece!
>> Scope: Design non-formal educational programmes for students and adults of cultural, social and environmental interest, out of the classroom.
>> ECVET points: 3.5
>> Target groups: Teachers and trainers in primary, secondary schools, vocational education schools and organizations, adult learning providers.
>> Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the training course, the participant is expected to:
- Identify the characteristics of non-formal educational programmes
- Be able to design educational programmes out of the class
- Be able to develop educational methods and material for outdoor programmes
- Be able to plan field trips
- Design and implement evaluation activities of non-formal learning programmes
>> Methodology: Each day start with a workshop, where the theme of the day is presented.
The participants are asked to design field trips and educational programmes.
Each day, there is a field trip to places of interest, where the participants have the chance to know Athens and to practice skills and competencies acquired during the workshop.
At the end of each day, there is a reflection of the day, taking place either in class or outside the class.
During the week, the participants will develop their own portfolios with educational programmes in the places they visit.
>> Thematic units:
- Museums, typology, characteristics
- Cultural landscapes, natural and urban landscapes
- Educational programmes in museums and cultural landscapes
- Organising and planning field trips
- Athens cultural heritage
>> Learning contents:
- Non - formal learning – definitions and examples
- Museums – different types
- Pedagogical characteristics of educational programmes in museums
- Design principles of educational programmes
- Cultural museum, Scientific museum, exchibits and pedagogical practices
- Cultural landscapes, natural and urban environment
- Environmental education
- Planning a field trip
- Evaluation principles for educational programmes
>> Field trips, indicative list:
- Destination Piraeus, the port of history
- Classical Athens, Visit to main archaological sites in Athens: Acropolis, Museum of Acropolis, Zeus Temple, Ancient Agora, Keramicos
- Scientific museums: Planetarium, Eugenides Foundation, Cultural Centre Hellenic Cosmos, University of Athens museums
- Cultural landscapes: Athens seaside and Sounio cape. Temple of Poseidon and the famous sunset
- Urban landscapes: The neighborhoods of Athens, day and night walks of places of interest
>> Learning material: The learning material consists of presentations and support material. The learning material will be available on-line in English language.
- 20.05.2019 > 24.05.2019 (Confirmed)
- 21.10.2019 > 25.10.2019
- 04.05.2020 > 08.05.2020
- 30.11.2020 > 04.12.2020
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.