Teachers as Leaders - Pilgrims
Teachers tend not to think of themselves as leaders but increasingly they are having to play a leadership role in the
lives of their pupils and students. In the words of John Adams “A teacher affects eternity: no-one can tell where the
influence stops. The word education is from the Latin educare: “the process of drawing out the latent talents of the
individual”. Leadership is exactly the same process and involves the same skill set and personal attributes. This
course will draw out your own leadership qualities and therefore enable you to be all the more effective as a teacher.
Programme of the training activities
• Communication skills for leadership
• The personal qualities of effective leaders
• The What, the How and the Why of leadership
• Understanding our own motivation as teachers
• Understanding what motivates our students
• Techniques for realizing the potential of our students
• Creating a vision for our students
• Giving hope to our students
• Learning from great leaders
• Learning from other leadership paradigms
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 2462.
There are no reviews for this course.