Online learning, is a form of education in which the main elements include physical separation of teachers and students during instruction and the use of various technologies to facilitate student-teacher and student-student communication. Through the years, globalization, spread of knowledge and ideas and development of internet and digital means have made online learning a most important tool for education. Especially nowadays during a global pandemic, the demands for so-called "social distancing" have led fatally to the search for solutions at a distance. Nevertheless online learning is more than a temporary solution through the pandemic· it is a modern and powerful tool for the development of education and the spread of knowledge in the global community.
Simply defined, a learning management system (LMS) is a software used to administer learning and training of various courses to one or more learners. These days, an LMS is typically a cloud-based system that allows the learners to authenticate themselves, register for the course, complete the course, and then take assessments for learning outcomes. Besides, a LMS can also be leveraged for team learning across geographies, enabling knowledge-sharing and brainstorming. Moodle is the most famous LMS to administer and deliver online teaching and support face-to-face teaching with online education. It is designed for users who do not have server or coding skills, and it is aflexible software that easily adapts to most different educational situations. Moreover, it is open-source, that is completely free. Hence, it can be adopted by a whole school, but also by a single teacher just for one course.
The course will get participants familiar with Moodle LMS and will train them in order to be able to use it to create lessons and courses to support their teaching. Participants will realize the effectiveness and the benefits of distance education, digital expectancy and Moodle LMS. They will exchange knowledge and ideas, expand their creativity and design a Moodle based course in order to use with their students.
After the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Realize the importance of digital expectancy and creativity in Modern School
- Recognize the differences between synchronous and asynchronous distance education
- Understand the meaning and importance of Learning Management Systems
- Adapt the flexibility of Moodle to their educational context
- Create courses and modules in Moodle
- Manage Moodle users
- Add digital content to their course
- Create collaborative activities to involve their learners
- Design learning paths for self-paced learning
- Introductory meeting, explanation of practical arrangements, presentation of timetable, information about course venue.
- Introduction to the Course – Objectives, needs and schedule.
A digital pedagogy for creation, literacy and numeracy in education
- How digital expectancy will change teaching.
- Meaning and Importance of Creativity in Modern School.
- Creative technologies and play.
- The role of technology in emerging literacy and numeracy.
Introduction to Distance Education and LMS
- Developing a digital pedagogy for creative, purposeful and experimental learning with technology.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Distance Education
- The educational needs of the target group
- Introduction to Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Introduction to Moodle – Effectiveness and Importance
Working With Moodle
- Adding content and questions to your lesson
- Moving your lesson forward
- Creating a Lesson Plan – The importance of creativity
- Planning your lesson
Lesson design / Course Evaluation
- Workshop: develop a self-paced lesson in Moodle, and share it with course participants;
- Erasmus+ program: objectives, priorities, actions, forms, budget, tips for applicants
- Planning follow up activities, dissemination and exploitation of learning outcomes
- Course Evaluation
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 245869.
There are no reviews for this course.