WELL-BEING AND STRESS MANAGEMENT, SPAIN. Nurture a positive culture for you and your students through simple, fun activities.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECHARGE YOUR STUDENTS’ AND YOUR OWN MENTAL AND PHYSICAL BATTERIES WITH POSITIVE ENERGY?
IF THE ANSWER IS “YES!”, THEN THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU.
• Designed by teachers for teachers.
• Activities tried, tested and approved by teachers and students.
• Methodology renowned internationally.
• Innovative, effective and motivating!
• Fun regional activities with local course providers.
In our busy and demanding school environment it is often difficult to find the time for calmness and reflection. In this course we will explore activities that will give you and your students the opportunity to nurture your mental and physical wellness as a part of your daily routine at school.
The sessions are highly practical and you will experience activities first-hand. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to reflect on the sessions and adapt the ideas to suit your specific setting.
The activities focus on:
• Increasing well-being
• Recognising stress and what triggers it
• Techniques to prevent and relieve stress
• Mindfulness and meditation
• Positive communication
• Encouraging physical activity
• Recognisng and building on student and teacher strengths
All the activities that can be adapted for children, adolescents and adults.
The sessions focus on inclusive teaching and learning practices as well as teacher and students’ health and well-being. They allow teams of teachers to have fun together, try out and develop new ideas. You will also learn to identify strengths in yourself and your colleagues, and set goals for improving your practice in the future.
Giving teachers and students time to focus on their own mental health is essential. Mental health conditions are one of the main causes of suffering and disability in Europe and this situation has escalated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This course will help you focus on techniques to develop open and supportive well-being cultures in your classroom and beyond. You will see how making small, positive adjustments in your daily practice will bring meaningful change for students, teachers and schools as a whole.
• To introduce the ideology behind Smart Teachers Play More and observe first-hand how the project is working in local schools in Iceland.
• To give teachers a close-up and personal insight into the Icelandic school system.
• To help teachers recognise stress, what triggers it and techniques to prevent and relieve it.
• To give teachers first-hand experience and the tools needed to promote mental and physical well-being as a part of the daily school routine.
• To practice a range mindfulness and meditation techniques.
• To explore positive communication and active listening exercises.
• To discover how to combine academic learning with play, movement and sensory activities.
• To help teachers recognise and build on student and teacher strength through mental strength exercises and goal creation.
• To give teachers the opportunity to share successful activities they use in their own school/country so we can learn from each other.
• To help teachers plan the vision for their open and supportive well-being classroom culture with time to reflect on their individual schools and plan realistic steps for implementation and success.
• To have fun, share experiences and learn from like-minded teachers from different countries.
• To continue growing our network of teachers and schools from all over Europe and beyond.
The course is run by Kristín Einarsdóttir and her team. Kristín is a qualified P.E., yoga and mindfulness teacher from Iceland. She is also the founder and author of the acclaimed teaching method Play to Learn More where academic subjects are combined with play, movement and mindfulness activities to optimise learning. Her passion is to train as many teachers as possible in the method in order to ensure that students everywhere can benefit from the powerful experience of physical and mindful learning activities. Kristin works with over 30 schools in Iceland and has organised educational courses and conferences for more than 5,000 teachers in Iceland, Norway, Spain, Croatia and Poland.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROFESSIONALS ACROSS THE EDUCATION SECTOR:
This course offers learning opportunities for teachers and school staff across the education sector including: Preschool; Primary; Secondary; Adult education; Special Needs; Teaching assistants; School management; Vocational education; Higher education; and Student teachers.
SHARING GOOD PRACTICE AND NETWORKING:
We also provide the opportunity to share good practice during the course so we can learn from each other and find partners for future projects: KA1 projects, job shadowing opportunities and/or KA229 projects.
One of our priorities while you spend your valuable time with us in Spain is your well-being. Every teacher is important to us and we want you to feel valued and comfortable throughout your stay. As well as the extra activities we provide as part of the course fee (see below), we work hard to ensure you have a really good time. We ensure lots of team-building and “get to know you” activities from day one. Our courses are dynamic, fun-packed and include activities on the beach. We are local hosts so you will get the real Spanish experience and we are renowned to look after our teachers really well.
AS PART OF THE COURSE WE ALSO PROVIDE:
• Morning refreshments
• A local trip to the beautiful village of Altea and a group meal
• Course material
• Certificate of attendance
Don’t miss out on our STPM discount at our course hotel in Alicante. We chose this hotel for its fantastic location: just 5 minutes from the beach, close to the old town and neighbouring the famous Santa Barbara Castle. This is an exclusive offer for our participants and their families only.
OTHER COURSES WE PROVIDE THAT MAY INTEREST YOU:
SMART TEACHERS PLAY MORE, ICELAND WITH EDUCATIONAL VISITS. Combine academic subjects and language learning with play and movement games to optimise learning. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION. Practical activities to create a calm, happy and successful classroom culture. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
USING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY to inspire learning and enhance student motivation. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
CREATIVE ENGLISH ACTIVITIES FOR YOUNG LEARNERS. Inspiring language learning and enhancing student motivation using multi-modal techniques including storytelling, games and “hands on” activities. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
PROJECT BASED LEARNING IN THE CLASSROOM (PBL). Promote active learning and develop 21st century skills through STEAM, design thinking and problem solving activities. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
SPECIAL NEEDS AND INCLUSIVE EDUCATION. A practical course on recognising and building students’ individual strengths and setting motivating goals through creative projects; a holistic approach and community practice. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
PLAY TO LEARN MORE. Teach academic subjects through play, movement and multisensory games in a fun and effective way! Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH FOR TEACHERS. Fun, active course to improve your English language communication skills at pre-intermediate level. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
SMART TEACHERS PLAY MORE, ICELAND WITH OUTDOOR AND MINDFULNESS ACTIVITIES. Combine academic subjects with play, outdoor games and mindfulness activities to optimise learning. Experience authentic Iceland with Icelandic course providers in Reykjavík.
- 22.10.2023 > 28.10.2023
- Register before 06.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 245168.
I was participating a course for well-being and stress management. It was a great course with excellent teachers.
Translate (Registered users only)