GAMIFICATION AND ACTIVE METHODOLOGIES IN EDUCATION IN REYKJAVÍK (ICELAND)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
· COURSE INFORMATION:
GAMIFICATION AND ACTIVE METHODOLOGY IN EDUCATION (GAMIFICATION) course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government policy makers and company staff. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
During this course participants will acquire skills related to cooperative learning, taking the most of our environment in the educational process as well as using ICT with both motivating and educational intention. Besides, this course is expected to show how to manage different games to create a positive atmosphere in a practical way. The course will focus on the importance and benefits derived from the inclusion of games in the educational process. Thus, our teachers will learn about gamification theory at the same time that they are expected to be able to incorporate gamification key competences in their lessons whatever the project is about or the level.
One of the strengths of this course resides in its practical perspective which will allow all the participants to experience on their own how gamification get people closer at the same time that it helps us to learn unconsciously. GAMIFICATION course is beneficial for all the educational process since it is a great tool to foster crosscurricular values such as equality, self-esteem, respect or tolerance, among others.
GAMIFICATION course is based on both theoretical and practical lessons so that our participants are able to experience what gamification is from the beginning. In this case, we are going to offer effective theories and practices through lectures, presentations of good practice, seminars as well as workshops. Besides, every day we will star each lesson with a brief summary of the main concepts in order to ensure full comprehension and understanding. In doing so, at the end of the course, participants will have the tools and resources needed to implement gamification in their schools no matter what levels or educational areas they are involved in.
Besides, our methodology garantees not only the full understanding but also motivational techniques that, in the same way that we enjoy our free time playing any game, are going to ensure that this course apart from interesting and practical is going to be enjoyable. We should not forget that one of the main basis of gamification is their intrinsic power to encourage motivation in our student body.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS so that we are able to meet other teacher and stablish further cooperation.
At the end of the course, there is a final assessment. It will consist of a multiple-choice test and a practical exercise of the addressed topics putting the focus on the knowledges acquired. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
· MAIN OBJECTIVES:
GAMIFICATION course covers all the needs of the gamification methodology: how to encourage motivation, gamification techniques applied with educational purposes, different kinds and sources to be able to design our own project or different tools and their influence in this theory, among others. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
• To improve our students’ motivation to get to the educational curriculum in a different way.
• To empower and to train teachers, education staff and those interested in fostering individual learning through new methodologies.
• To guarantee and share tips to manage every single part of the class such as misbehaviour in an effective way so that the atmosphere of the class turns into a motivational and warm environment.
• To share experiences of successful projects in order to be more effective in our proposal.
• To develop skills needed to attend to diversity in the class.
• To learn how to foster cooperation among students as well as to promote key skills needed for their life-long learning.
• To promote the full use of their surroundings so that the learning process will be as complete and interesting as possible.
• To improve English fluency –official language of the course–.
Thanks to this project the participants will:
• Design and carry out their own gamification project adapted to the specific needs of their class.
• Improve their practical skills related to the management of each part of the class as well as the motivational practice.
• Know everything about each platform needed to create a gamification environment.
• Take the most of our environment with educational purposes no matter what we are teaching.
• Evaluate other gamification games in order to distinguish what parts are applicable for our educational practice and which ones should be dismissed.
• Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
By the end of the course, each participant should be able to:
• Be able to design and carry out a gamification game.
• Take most of the educational process through motivational activities, outdoor projects as well as ICT use.
• Restrict misbehaviour in the class while promoting a warm atmosphere in the class.
• Attend the student body as individually as possible so that they could take the most of the learning process.
· DAILY PROGRAMME:
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time. Moreover, participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of teachers and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even other kinds of collaboration. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation and the delivery of the certificates of attendance to finish the course on Saturday morning with other free cultural activity.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING AND GETTING STARTED.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Introduction in the local culture by local people.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Round up presentation and networking between all participants.
- Guided and educational activity to discover the city.
DAY 2 – MONDAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT.
- What is gamification. Why it is important for educational purposes and the steps needed to carry it out.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT.
- How to manage different levelled lessons and special needs through gamification.
- Creating videogames for educational purposes. Part 1.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY.
- Virtual Reality applied in education.
- Creating a gamified context. Educational apps. Augmented reality
- Creating videogames for educational purposes. Part 2.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY.
- Minecraft for educational purposes.
- Classroom management and motivation through gamification.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY.
- Gamification in perspective: Limitations and concerns.
- Use of Chroma for educational purposes.
- Escape rooms in class: engaging activities.
- Gamification: an entrance to European collaborative projects
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
Moreover, you can enjoy the Erasmus spirit thanks to the free and optional activities that the company offers on the island during the week.
- Free cultural activity on Sunday afternoon: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. After the welcoming session, you will visit Reykjavík downtown in an educational tour included in course fees.
- Free cultural activity on Saturday morning: visit the number one museum of Reykjavík named 'Best of the best' at tripadvisor: Perlan museum.
- Feel free to ask and join for the optional tours that the company has arranged for you: Blue Lagoon, Golden Circle and South Coast tour.
GAMIFICATION will attend courses during 2022 and 2023 in the following dates:
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 30th October to Saturday 5th November.
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
- From 21st August to Saturday 27th.
- From 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 31st July to Saturday 6th August.
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 9th April to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 16nd July to Saturday 22nd.
- From Sunday 13th August to Saturday 19th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€, and includes course fees, support free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.
- 16.07.2023 > 22.07.2023
- Register before 09.07.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 237334.
There are no reviews for this course.