Essere Shakespeare Series: Othello
This course will be aimed at better understanding the emotional world that characterizes the play ‘Othello’. Love, obsession, jealousy and ultimately, folly, will all be brought to life through acting techniques geared to help participants open to a deeper level of understanding of the play’s characters. We will also pay special attention to Shakespeare’s language, and in particular how it communicates emotions. We will also visit Venice, once a great European naval superpower (for whom, in the play, Othello is a military general), steeping ourselves in the city’s beauty and history, as well as performing scenes from the play on location. The course will culminate with a devised group performance, prepared and acted by participants.
What will you learn?
- How to work with Shakespearean language in practice
- Games and exercises which you can use and adapt to your classroom needs
- Greater awareness of your vocal and physical communication
- To learn to devise a theatre piece with others
- The value of theatre as an educational/ communal experience
- To respond to stimuli, quickly, creatively and collaboratively
- To foster empathy and sensitivity through acting
The course will be led by Daniel Zappi, professional actor/ director/ musician and theatre educator.
- 31.10.2022 > 04.11.2022
- Register before 17.10.2022