Essere Shakespeare Series: A Midsummer Night's Dream
In this course, participants will re-enact the turbulent love-triangles of the Athenian youth, the mischief and magic of Puck, and the hilarious misadventures of the Rude Mechanicals through a fun-packed process aimed at delving deeply into this great play. Part of the project will involve rehearsing in a forest- as in the play itself- thus bringing the magic of the play closer to home, in nature. At the end of the week, participants will perform a devised version of the play, created together.
What will you learn?
- How to work with Shakespearean language in practice
- Games and exercises which you can use and adapt to your classroom needs
- Greater awareness of your vocal and physical communication
- To learn to devise a theatre piece with others
- The value of theatre as an educational/ communal experience
- To respond to stimuli, quickly, creatively and collaboratively
- To foster empathy and sensitivity through acting
The course will be led by Daniel Zappi, professional actor/ director/ musician and theatre educator.
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 228497.
There are no reviews for this course.