Essere Shakespeare Series: Romeo and Juliet
The aim of this course is to help participants gain a deeper understanding of this iconic Shakespearean play, by living and breathing in its characters’ skins. As in all our Shakespeare series courses, time is devoted to learning how to bring Shakespearean language to life, as well as visiting a location that connects to the play at hand. In this case, Verona, where we will visit the places where Romeo and Juliet’s ill-fated love plays out, and where we shall perform extracts from the play. The course will build up to a final performance, devised by participants during their week together.
What will you learn?
- How to work with Shakespearean language in practice
- Games and exercises which you can use and adapt to your classroom needs
- Greater awareness of your vocal and physical communication
- To learn to devise a theatre piece with others
- The value of theatre as an educational/ communal experience
- To respond to stimuli, quickly, creatively and collaboratively
- To foster empathy and sensitivity through acting
The course will be led by Daniel Zappi, professional actor/ director/ musician and theatre educator.
- 30.05.2022 > 03.06.2022
- Register before 16.05.2022