Intelligent Use of Social Media in the Classroom
The course has been created for teachers who want to learn about social media and its application in the classroom. Participants will learn about incorporating social technology into their lessons and participate in small group and pair work activities. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and You tube. Teachers will be provided with a wide range of practical teaching activities to enable them to make their classes more effective and enjoyable. Teachers will also learn about the safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
By the end of the course, teachers will have acquired more knowledge about using social media as an educational tool, enhance student engagement and improve communication among students and teachers.
- Think about social media as public spaces of expression and construction of European citizenship;
- Learn new digital literacy skills;
- Improve knowledge retention & understanding;
- Increase class participation and motivate students;
- Build community; connect students to each and the global community;
- Become an effective member of an online community;
- Improve student writing (through writing for peers, feedback);
- Make students to learn a different style of writing;
- Go beyond text, e.g., images, video, design;
- Take classroom knowledge public;
- Let students show their personality;
- Improve student attitudes towards the course content;
- Develop digital citizenship;
- Develop global competency;
- Internationalizing learning in Global - -
- Classrooms where instructors and students teach and learn with peers abroad using Internet-based technologies for communication;
- Establish a better use of social media between European counterparts.
Please log in before adding something to your favourites.
- Course organiser
- Motivated Learning for Everyone
- Bruges/Brussels, Belgium
- Active citizenship, European dimension; Communication skills; Informatics, coding, digital learning, media literacy
- Key competences
- Civic; Digital; Personal, social and learning
- Target audience
- Teachers & school staff: pre-school level; Teachers & school staff: primary level ; Teachers & school staff: secondary level
- 560 Euro
- Included in price
- Number of participants
- Certification on completion
- 16.10.2023 > 22.10.2023
- 13.11.2023 > 19.11.2023
- 11.12.2023 > 17.12.2023
- 09.01.2023 > 15.01.2023
- 06.02.2023 > 12.02.2023
- 20.03.2023 > 26.03.2023
- 03.04.2023 > 09.04.2023
- 15.05.2023 > 21.05.2023
- 19.06.2023 > 25.06.2023
- 17.07.2023 > 23.07.2023
- 07.08.2023 > 13.08.2023
- 25.09.2023 > 01.10.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 225373.
There are no reviews for this course.
OrganiserMotivated Learning for Everyone