Language and Culture Experience, course only package, Future Learning Athlone
Future Learning is a leading project-based, technology-enhanced English language school with headquarters in Dublin and second centre in the traditional Irish midlands town of Athlone, Ireland. The school offers an innovative and exciting way to learn English and explore Ireland, and is lead by staff with many years of experience in the English language sector.
This 1 week course takes place in Future Learning's Athlone centre.
Language and Culture Experience
Ireland is a vibrant centre of culture in the English language, coloured by the unique heritage and history of Ireland. This course aims to combine language refresher sessions with an introduction to and exploration of the life and culture of this unique location. It will be a mix of classroom work and excursions to see the sights. It will provide an exposure to the language in context, tricks and tips to analyse, understand and remember, along with developing an appreciation of the context in which it is used.
Teachers and Professionals seeking to refresh their English language skills while at the same time exploring the culture and heritage of Ireland through the Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) approach.
By the end of the course, participants will have
1) developed a greater understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity through culture exposure to the Ireland as part of the programme, as well as to course participants from other countries
2) become more able to support and promote mobility activities for learners through being equipped to explain to student what to expect from a summer language programme in Ireland and to support them in preparing to go
3) improved language competences through active participation in a course delivered through the medium of English using a content integration (CLIL) approach to exploring cultural topics
4) increased motivation and satisfaction in their daily work through being more comfortable in the language and informed about the cultural context on its use, where that is their subject and through being able to contribute constructively to technology enhanced, project-based programmes in their school having experienced on in practice
The course is delivered through the medium of English, which gives participants an opportunity to refresh and improve their communication skills in an authentic workplace environment. A A2, Pre-Intermediate level of English is recommended.
It is recommended to bring your own device- mobile, tablet, laptop (some laptops are available at Future Learning for group work).
There are between three and five course hours per day, Monday to Friday totalling 20 hours per week. There will also be two afternoon cultural visits per week.
Sample topics include
- Modern life in Ireland
- Irish Art, Literature, Drama - Rewriting Legends & Stories
- Language in Ireland - Hiberno English & Gaelic - phrases heard and read
Future Learning is committed to delivering innovative and effective technology enhanced language learning in our courses and sharing the best practice which we develop through our training programme. This programme offers a mix of English language immersion, cultural exposure and technology enhanced teaching ideas for experienced teachers.
Fees from September 2022 to June 2023
● 15 hours classroom based project-based learning through technology, spread over 5 course days
● 5 hours of 2 teacher led cultural activities per week, spread over 2 days
Total 20 hours over 5 course days
● detailed timetable in advance of arrival
● end of project presentation and certificate
Price same per person or mini groups. Minimum of 5 participants required to run this course.
To facilitate the mobility-funded exchange of best practice and to achieve Erasmus+ participants learning outcomes, Future Learning welcomes sending institutions and/or intermediaries to contact us to establish collaboration by entering into a Memorandum of Understanding Agreement.
Looking forward to welcoming many Erasmus+ participants in the coming years, not only to achieve your learning outcomes through technology enhanced learning but to thoroughly enjoy and experience the warmth and friendliness of the Irish people, its culture, landscape and traditions.
The Future Learning Team
- 25.09.2023 > 29.09.2023
- Register before 28.08.2023
- 02.10.2023 > 06.10.2023
- Register before 04.09.2023
- 09.10.2023 > 13.10.2023
- Register before 11.09.2023
- 16.10.2023 > 20.10.2023
- Register before 18.09.2023
- 23.10.2023 > 27.10.2023
- Register before 25.09.2023
- 30.10.2023 > 03.11.2023
- Register before 02.10.2023
- 06.11.2023 > 10.11.2023
- Register before 09.10.2023
- 13.11.2023 > 17.11.2023
- Register before 16.10.2023
- 20.11.2023 > 24.11.2023
- Register before 23.10.2023
- 27.11.2023 > 01.12.2023
- Register before 30.10.2023
- 04.12.2023 > 08.12.2023
- Register before 06.11.2023
- 11.12.2023 > 15.12.2023
- Register before 13.11.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 205554.
There are no reviews for this course.