Shadowing Project-based Learning, course only package, Future Learning Dublin
Future Learning is a leading project-based, technology-enhanced English language school with headquarters in Dublin and second centre in the traditional Irish midlands town of Athlone, Ireland. The school offers an innovative and exciting way to learn English and explore Ireland, and is lead by staff with many years of experience in the English language sector.
This course takes place in Future Learning's Dublin Campus.
Participants take an active part in the delivery of our courses, and collaborate with our experienced teaching staff in the planning and delivery of a technology enhanced, project based language programme for our second level students. This includes being part of our teacher briefings before the classes start.
Aim: To shadow Future Learning teachers to see how they use project-based learning for English language teaching. This involves techniques for getting students to work together in teams of 3 to 4 on a series of
tasks leading up to the production of a digital product, such as a video, which they present at the end.
Primary and Secondary Teachers seeking to learn new techniques that they can adapt in their own classroom at home.
This shadowing opportunity is available to participants who:
- are coming as part of a closed school group
- have full police clearance and are shadowing another FL mini-stay group
- are willing to shadow our project-based teaching methodology in our adult course
By the end of the course, participants will
have had practical experience of:
- Planning for project-based learning (PBL) and adapting to resources and student needed
- Incorporating language outcomes into the project
- Setting a meaningful question or problem
- Selection of the end product for teams
- Classroom layout and team sizes
- Feedback and assessment for learning in PBL
- Drawbacks and challenges in implementing PBL
- Managing activities and deadlines
- Managing teamwork and fostering collaboration skills
- Creating a send of project ownership and assigning roles
The course is delivered through the medium of English, which gives participants an opportunity to refresh and improve their communication skills in an authentic workplace environment. A B2 level of English is recommended.
There are between three and five course hours per day, Monday to Friday totalling 20 hours per week. There will also be two afternoon cultural visits per week.
Future Learning is committed to delivering innovative and effective technology enhanced language learning in our courses and sharing the best practice which we develop through our training programme. This programme offers a mix of English language immersion, cultural exposure and technology enhanced teaching ideas for experienced teachers.
- 09.10.2023 > 13.10.2023
- Register before 11.09.2023
- 06.11.2023 > 10.11.2023
- Register before 09.10.2023
- 04.12.2023 > 08.12.2023
- Register before 06.11.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 204289.
There are no reviews for this course.