21st Century Communication Skills in English for Teachers, Adult English Language Course Stage 3: English for Career Development, course only package, Future Learning Dublin
Future Learning is a leading project-based, technology-enhanced English language school with headquarters in Dublin and second centre in the traditional Irish midlands town of Athlone, Ireland. The school offers an innovative and exciting way to learn English and explore Ireland, and is lead by staff with many years of experience in the English language sector.
This course takes place year-round in Future Learning's Dublin centre (minimum 5 participants per class). Course only packages available from September 2021.
Course Introduction: 21st Century Communication Skills, Adult English Language Courses
Future Learning believes that all learners choose to study English for a purpose and our courses are designed with a sense of that purpose; personal, social, professional and academic. Future Learning also emphasises the importance of learner autonomy, and our courses invite the learner to take responsibility for their progress, help them to develop their learning skills and the ability to develop themselves.
Future Learning’s Adult Course is divided into three stages according to English language level. At each stage the exit criteria are those specified in the relevant Integrated Skills Exam (ISE) for ILEP purposes by Trinity College London:
Stage 3: English for Career Development – Levels B2 to C1
This third stage of FL’s 21st Century Communication Skills in English is designed to help students access opportunities in international companies who employ multinational teams to service global markets where the language of coordination and management is English. It aims to help them present themselves and their ideas well and communicate effectively so they can progress in their career by engaging with the culture of the company in an appropriate way.
Learner Outcomes at B2 level:
By the end of this course participants will have:
1) improved the communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking skills to enable them to do the following in English and through technology in personal, professional and academic contexts;
2) understood a wide range of demanding, longer academic texts, and recognise implicit meaning;
3) expressed him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions;
4) used language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes;
5) produced clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex academic subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
The course is delivered through the medium of English, which gives participants an opportunity to refresh and improve their communication skills in an authentic workplace environment. A B2, Upper-intermediate level of English is recommended. It is recommended to bring your own device- mobile, tablet, laptop (some laptops are available at Future Learning for group work).
There are between three and five course hours per day, Monday to Friday totalling 20 hours per week. There will also be two afternoon cultural visits per week.
Sample language and skills topics include:
- language recap: review, repair and reinforce from previous projects (Week 1) and current project (Week 2)
- new / main language point: principles, contextualised practice and functional language for project;
- integrated skills: language in
listening OR reading (info. ideas and inference);
- integrated skills: understanding shown in spoken or written response
- progress check: week 1: assessed
Trinity College ISE Exam Task; week 2:
revision & unit test
Sample project work topics include:
- introducing project topic: explore what you already know about it;
- explore topic in text: use written sources provided to develop your understanding;
- explore topic in multi-media: use multi-media sources to develop your understanding further;
- preparing to express ideas: explain how your ideas on this topic have changed or developed with peer support:
- presenting conclusion: in pairs or small groups explain your ideas on the topic and listeners report data gathered.
Future Learning is committed to delivering innovative and effective technology enhanced language learning in our courses and sharing the best practice which we develop through our training programme. This programme offers a mix of English language immersion, cultural exposure and technology enhanced teaching ideas for experienced teachers.
Fees from September 2022 to June 2023
AM or PM schedule to be confirmed one month in advance of arrival
● 15 hours classroom based project-based learning through technology, spread over 5 course days
● 5 hours of 2 teacher led cultural activities per week, spread over 2 days
Total 20 hours over 5 course days
● detailed timetable in advance of arrival
● end of project presentation and certificate
Price same per person or mini groups. Minimum of 5 participants required to run this course.
To facilitate the mobility-funded exchange of best practice and to achieve Erasmus+ participants learning outcomes, Future Learning welcomes sending institutions and/or intermediaries to contact us to establish collaboration by entering into a Memorandum of Understanding Agreement.
Looking forward to welcoming many Erasmus+ participants in the coming years, not only to achieve your learning outcomes through technology enhanced learning but to thoroughly enjoy and experience the warmth and friendliness of the Irish people, its culture, landscape and traditions.
The Future Learning Team
- 25.09.2023 > 29.09.2023
- Register before 28.08.2023
- 02.10.2023 > 06.10.2023
- Register before 04.09.2023
- 09.10.2023 > 13.10.2023
- Register before 11.09.2023
- 16.10.2023 > 20.10.2023
- Register before 18.09.2023
- 23.10.2023 > 27.10.2023
- Register before 25.09.2023
- 30.10.2023 > 03.11.2023
- Register before 02.10.2023
- 06.11.2023 > 10.11.2023
- Register before 09.10.2023
- 13.11.2023 > 17.11.2023
- Register before 23.10.2023
- 20.11.2023 > 24.11.2023
- Register before 23.10.2023
- 27.11.2023 > 01.12.2023
- Register before 30.10.2023
- 04.12.2023 > 08.12.2023
- Register before 06.11.2023
- 11.12.2023 > 15.12.2023
- Register before 13.11.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 201474.
There are no reviews for this course.