21st Century Communication Skills in English for Teachers, Adult English Language Course Stage 1: Life Skills through English, course only package, Future Learning Dublin
Future Learning is a leading project-based, technology-enhanced English language school with headquarters in Dublin and second centre in the traditional Irish midlands town of Athlone, Ireland. The school offers an innovative and exciting way to learn English and explore Ireland, and is lead by staff with many years of experience in the English language sector.
This course takes place year-round in Future Learning's Dublin centre (minimum 5 participants per class). All inclusive packages, with accommodation and transfers, are also available.
Course Introduction: 21st Century Communication Skills, Adult English Language Courses
Future Learning believes that all learners choose to study English for a purpose and our courses are designed with a sense of that purpose; personal, social, professional and academic. Future Learning also emphasises the importance of learner autonomy, and our courses invite the learner to take responsibility for their progress, help them to develop their learning skills and the ability to develop themselves.
Future Learning’s Adult Course is divided into three stages according to English language level. At each stage the exit criteria are those specified in the relevant Integrated Skills Exam (ISE) for ILEP purposes by Trinity College London:
Stage 1: Life Skills Through English – Levels A2 to B1
The initial stage of our course is designed to help people to make a life in Ireland through English and deal successfully with all the situations that will arise at home, socially and work if taking a part-time job. It aims to help develop communication skills that consider the cultural as well as the linguistic challenges to successful communication in English
Learner Outcomes at B1
By the end of this course participants will have improved their communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking skills to enable them to do the following in English and through technology in a personal context:
1) understood the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, and day to day life;
2) dealt with most situations likely to arise whilst living in an area where the language is spoken;
3) produced simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest
described personal experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
The course is delivered through the medium of English, which gives participants an opportunity to refresh and improve their communication skills in an authentic workplace environment. An A2, Pre-intermediate level of English is recommended. It is recommended to bring your own device- mobile, tablet, laptop (some laptops are available at Future Learning for group work).
There are between three and five course hours per day, Monday to Friday totalling 20 hours per week. There will also be two afternoon cultural visits per week.
Sample language and skills topics include:
- language recap: review, repair and reinforce from previous projects (Week 1) and current project (Week 2)
- new / main language point: principles, contextualised practice and functional language for project;
- integrated skills: language in
listening OR reading (info. ideas and inference);
- integrated skills: understanding shown in spoken or written response
- progress check: week 1: assessed
Trinity College ISE Exam Task; week 2:
revision & unit test
Sample project work topics include:
- introducing project topic: explore what you already know about it;
- explore topic in text: use written sources provided to develop your understanding;
- explore topic in multi-media: use multi-media sources to develop your understanding further;
- preparing to express ideas: explain how your ideas on this topic have changed or developed with peer support:
- presenting conclusion: in pairs or small groups explain your ideas on the topic and listeners report data gathered.
Future Learning is committed to delivering innovative and effective technology enhanced language learning in our courses and sharing the best practice which we develop through our training programme. This programme offers a mix of English language immersion, cultural exposure and technology enhanced teaching ideas for experienced teachers.
Fees from September 2022 to June 2023
Programmes are on a 5 day course basis.
AM or PM schedule to be confirmed one month in advance of arrival
● 15 hours classroom based project-based learning through technology, spread over 5 course days
● 5 hours of 2 teacher led cultural activities per week, spread over 2 days
Total 20 hours over 5 course days
● detailed timetable in advance of arrival
● end of project presentation and certificate
Price same per person or mini groups. Minimum of 5 participants required to run this course.
To facilitate the mobility-funded exchange of best practice and to achieve Erasmus+ participants learning outcomes, Future Learning welcomes sending institutions and/or intermediaries to contact us to establish collaboration by entering into a Memorandum of Understanding Agreement.
Looking forward to welcoming many Erasmus+ participants in the coming years, not only to achieve your learning outcomes through technology enhanced learning but to thoroughly enjoy and experience the warmth and friendliness of the Irish people, its culture, landscape and traditions.
The Future Learning Team
- 05.06.2023 > 09.06.2023
- Register before 08.05.2023
- 12.06.2023 > 16.06.2023
- Register before 15.05.2023
- 19.06.2023 > 23.06.2023
- Register before 22.05.2023
- 26.06.2023 > 30.06.2023
- Register before 29.05.2023
- 03.07.2023 > 07.07.2023
- Register before 05.06.2023
- 10.07.2023 > 14.07.2023
- Register before 12.06.2023
- 17.07.2023 > 21.07.2023
- Register before 19.06.2023
- 24.07.2023 > 28.07.2023
- Register before 26.06.2023
- 31.07.2023 > 04.08.2023
- Register before 03.07.2023
- 07.08.2023 > 11.08.2023
- Register before 10.07.2023
- 14.08.2023 > 18.08.2023
- Register before 17.07.2023
- 21.08.2023 > 25.08.2023
- Register before 24.07.2023
- 04.09.2023 > 08.09.2023
- Register before 07.08.2023
- 11.09.2023 > 15.09.2023
- Register before 14.08.2023
- 18.09.2023 > 22.09.2023
- Register before 21.08.2023
- 25.09.2023 > 29.09.2023
- Register before 28.08.2023
- 02.10.2023 > 06.10.2023
- Register before 04.09.2023
- 09.10.2023 > 13.10.2023
- Register before 11.09.2023
- 16.10.2023 > 20.10.2023
- Register before 18.09.2023
- 23.10.2023 > 27.10.2023
- Register before 25.09.2023
- 30.10.2023 > 03.11.2023
- Register before 02.10.2023
- 06.11.2023 > 10.11.2023
- Register before 09.10.2023
- 13.11.2023 > 17.11.2023
- Register before 23.10.2023
- 20.11.2023 > 24.11.2023
- Register before 23.10.2023
- 27.11.2023 > 01.12.2023
- Register before 30.10.2023
- 04.12.2023 > 08.12.2023
- Register before 06.11.2023
- 11.12.2023 > 15.12.2023
- Register before 13.11.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 201458.
There are no reviews for this course.