OUTDOOR RECREATION, FITNESS AND NATURE FOR A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE IN ALICANTE (SPAIN)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
The course will focus on specific outcomes relevant to your workplace, school or life situation. Gain cutting edge knowledge to optimise the health and fitness of your students. You will develop the skills and knowledge to change and inspire the lives of the students through health promotion, individual and group exercise programming, nutrition, fitness assessment and recreation management.
One of the strengths of the Course lies in their several practical activities and the amount of material that every teacher will carry out back to their country. In fact, we will know the most beautiful corners of the coastline (walking, trekking, sailing, kayaking,..) and high intensity circuits will be practiced as well as new trends in visualization breathing methodology (Wim Hof method).
Outdoor Recreation, fitness, local sports and healthy lifestyle course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The course methodology will have daily motivational outdoor activities, working individual, in pairs and groups. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge as an outdoor experience. The methodology will transform every teacher in the leader of their own learning: You will learn and PRACTICE SEVERAL ACTIVITIES OUTDOOR, acquiring concrete skills related to how manage a team, and knowledge in order to IMPROVE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE in our pupils.
In addition, participants will work and receive a huge amount of documents to improve their knowledge in the different areas integrated in the course. At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
As teachers we have to promote creativity, socialization and healthy lifestyles. In addition, the course shows how to enjoy the Physical Education subject in a transversal way (biology, history, geology, languages, maths,..) enjoying practicing outdoor activities -kayaking, paddel surf,Treking, Fitness, …- . In detail, the specific objectives of the course are:
- To obtain the skills and knowledge to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- To help others achieve their own health and lifestyle goals.
- To promote creativity and innovation in the learning of scientific concepts in the fields of fitness and nutrition.
- To know the historical, social and natural environment of the area.
- To discover the range of attractions, adventure sports and outdoor activities.
- To enjoy fun water sport activities.
- To strengthen European collaboration among –past, present and future– participants.
This program is well-suited for teachers who:
- Are interested in their own personal health, how they can make healthier lifestyle choices for themselves, and how they can help others achieve those same goals.
- Prefer a physically active lifestyle and enjoy encouraging others to be more physically active.
- Are friendly, outgoing and like to interact with other people.
- Have strong interpersonal, time management and personal management skills or wish to develop those skills.
- Wants to know the historical, social and natural environment of the area.
- Enjoy learning about the human body and how it works, nutrition and outdoor recreation.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Learn how to enjoy learning in a very practical way.
- Put in action motivated activities outdoor.
- Motivate every students in every level because of their activities.
- Introduce in the pupils the idea of healthier lifestyle.
- Learn to include healthy activities in my subject curriculum by exploring my environment.
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
Generally speaking, managers of the course will receive participants on Sunday evening and give them a little brief as well as the documents needed for the course. During the week it will develop the course with funny lessons and motivated activities to do with students once each participant would be back to your school, paying attention that all participants will have the opportunity to know some new educational systems. Furthermore, participants will be involved in cultural activities during the week with all actors of different courses attended by the company. Tuesday a free cultural activity will take place in order to discover the city. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional package activity where you would be able to know more about the city where the course takes place. On Friday, and after all participants have received all knowledge of the course and in order to finish this great week, participants could join an optional lunch or dinner, it depends on the city. As the last day of this week but not for the awesome net of professionals created , on Saturday morning it will take place a certification ceremony with plenty of surprises and time to show all the hard work realized during the week.
It exists a standard indicative daily program for each of the courses based on the goals and aims written before. However, the course can be personalized each week based on participants' needs and professional profiles.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. LET’S MEET US!
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. LET'S ENJOY THE COAST!
- Nutrition: healthy breakfast.
- Ascent to the Serra Grossa mountain in Alicante city.
- Workshop about orientation with maps and different apps.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Visit to Alicante city and Santa Bárbara Castle. Free activity included in the course.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. LET'S ENJOY THE SEA AND THE MOUNTAINS!
- Nutrition: healthy breakfast.
- Three hours walking close to the Mediterranean (Alicante).
- Visualization: relaxation activity.
- Cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit MARQ Museum, archaeological and historical site awarded as Best European Museum in 2004. Visit included in course fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S GET FIT!!
- Outdoor Yoga.
- Nutrition: healthy breakfast.
- Nautical activities (kayak and paddle surf).
- Funny Sports activities at the beach for everybody.
- Week Challenge: 10K running. Do you dare?
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. FREE DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to Tabarca Island in Alicante with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company. Guided tour with historical and cultural inputs. Boat and paella included in the price of the package.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. LET’S SEE ALICANTE!
- Nutrition: healthy breakfast.
- Circuit Training: What You Do, Benefits, and More.
- Local culture and sports developed by participants: valencian ball and other local sports in Spain. What yours? Just play it!
- Presentation of participants’ works: How would you introduce similar activities to your environment?
- Optional lunch or dinner, it depends on the chosen venue. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
• OUTDOOR SESSIONS:
The course will attend sessions during 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 20th February to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
- 20.02.2022 > 26.02.2022
- Register before 13.02.2022
- 10.04.2022 > 16.04.2022
- Register before 03.04.2022
- 10.07.2022 > 16.07.2022
- Register before 03.07.2022
- 07.08.2022 > 13.08.2022
- Register before 31.07.2022
- 09.10.2022 > 15.10.2022
- Register before 02.10.2022
- 11.12.2022 > 17.12.2022
- Register before 04.12.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 181974.
There are no reviews for this course.