Creativity for the future: promoting Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving in the classroom (Online Edition)
In our pursue of preparing students for real world careers and challenges and equipping them with 21st-century skills, we often forget that as educators, we have a duty to dream and create spaces where everyone has the opportunity to bring out the best in themselves. The aim of this online training is to raise confidence and broaden knowledge in educators and teachers in adopting different techniques and methods of encouraging their students to become more creative and develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills. In this way, we will be effectively preparing them to be manager and directors of their own future, a constantly changing reality where they will be able to successfully apply their 21st century competences to take on complex and open-ended challenges.
This online course aims to provide participants with different strategies, tools and ideas tailored to their needs and realities in order to inspire students’ creativity and motivation through innovative and interactive teaching methods based on experiential learning. The general aim of this course is to foster excellence in education by empowering teachers, trainers, headmasters and other education staff to find strategies to foster creativity while sharing best practices and experiences with fellow participants and trainers throughout all Europe gaining as well a broader understanding of education in Europe.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Develop a greater understanding of the differences between formal, non-formal and informal learning as well as the basic non-formal education principles;
- Broaden knowledge about the importance of developing creativity and critical thinking;
- Learn activities and games aiming at shaping creative thinking;
- Develop tools based on their students’ realities and concerns;
- Learn how to engage students and motivate them to establish effective collaboration and develop problem solving skills as well as their self-esteem;
- Learn how to lead and deliver experiential activities to stimulate the students’ creativity in problem-solving;
- Get to know and practice ICT tools stimulating creativity and critical thinking;
- Exchange good practices and discuss challenges with fellow colleagues and the course trainers.
This course is addressed to teachers, trainers, educational counsellors, career counsellors, school psychologists, headmasters, school management and administrative staff working in primary schools, secondary schools, vocational schools, training centres, adult education schools, higher education, kindergarten and NGOs.
Please mind that the course may include teachers from different school levels. In case you would like to attend a session tailored for your school level, please write to email@example.com to check if there is any session planned.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
Our standard program comprises 5 days of online sessions, of 3 hours each.
- 21st century skills: the importance to foster innovation skills
- Creativity and critical thinking: key concepts and principles
- Reflections on current teaching practices and styles
- Creativity: discover basic principles and the creative process
- Practical activity: creativity-based pedagogies to foster students’ motivation, participation and collaboration
- Critical thinking: the importance of questioning and reasoning
- Practical activity: using group exercises and experiential learning to foster higher order thinking skills
- Fundamentals of problem solving: key principles and models
- Practical activity: non-formal methods and pedagogies to strengthen creativity and critical thinking in problem-solving
- ICT tools for unleashing students’ creativity and critical thinking
- Practical activity: delivering your own creativity workshop to apply in classroom
The training course will be delivered as live sessions on Google Meet. During the lessons, theoretical and practical parts will be alternated to allow teachers to experiment with the tools presented. During the lesson the trainers will share their experiences and good practices and answer the participants' questions. Additional exercises and reflection moments may be assigned as follow-up activities at the end of the training session. All the learning materials will be shared online and will remain available at the end of the course.
You can find below the sessions planned. If none of these dates suits you please mind that we may organize an additional session ad-hoc for your school if there are at least 5 participants interested so feel welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about your needs. When adding an ad-hoc session we may be able to organize it in your language.
12.04.2021 - 16.04.2021
COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
70€ per day including course fee, learning materials, support and certification.
Price for ad-hoc courses will be tailored according to number of participants.
Schools that have an Erasmus plus project approved and cannot participate in face-to-face training may consider, in accordance with their National Agencies, to use the Erasmus plus funding to allow their staff to participate in one ore more of our online training courses.
CERTIFICATION AND VALIDATION OF LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded a certificate of attendance, together - if requested - with the Europass Mobility Certificate.
We support the participants in every step of certification an d validation of learning outcomes with specific focus on European instruments and Erasmus plus requirements such as staff mobility/learning agreement, quality commitment and Europass mobility certificate.
We experienced that schools and education organizations may require additional documents to certify the competences learned or the presence in the training course. Upon detailed request we can provide those documents as well as we provide photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Training, Employability and Mobile learning (IFOM) is a training centre that holds extensive experience in designing and implementing learning mobility projects for teachers, education staff and students with the support of European programmes, especially Erasmus+.
IFOM offers a range of innovative and practice-driven training courses tailored for education staff, especially teachers. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in a cooperative and international environment and the pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
IFOM designs and organises training courses and structured training events as well as job-shadowing and study visits for teachers, trainers, headmaster and other education staff in order to support them to improve their competences and the quality of education provided by acquiring transversal skills and specific knowledge on innovative teaching methods and practices. At the same time IFOM organises national and transnational work-based experiences for students, graduates, apprentices and unemployed people.
IFOM works closely with schools, teachers and students at regional and national level. Some of the IFOM trainers are working as well as teachers in local schools and are organising specific project-based and non formal activities for the student as such they can bring to the course concrete and real-life classroom experiences based on their practice.
IFOM is member and participates in eTwinning particularly in the European Corner and notably using the teachers' corner to find teaching resources about European Union and European best practices. IFOM uses eTwinning as well to network with fellow teachers and schools, both at Italian and European level and to find interesting events, projects and partners.
IFOM has a long-standing and successful experience in delivering teacher training courses under the LLP and Erasmus+ programme. Past participants appreciated our interactive and hands-on approach focused on practice and experiential training and our support in project application, practical arrangements, certification and dissemination. IFOM, as partner, brings a strong added value to an Erasmus+ project thanks to:
- Its experience in more than 100 Erasmus+ projects
- Its international activity and presence (e.g. eTwinnig, SEG, EPALE…)
- Its involvement as stakeholder in EC initiatives and networks
- Its dissemination and visibility capacity and support
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
We comply to the 10 principles set in the European Quality Charter for Mobility:
- Information and guidance: we provide every participant with access to clear and reliable sources of information and guidance on mobility and the conditions in which it can be taken up, including details of the Charter and the roles of sending and hosting organisations
- Learning plan: we draw up a learning plan describing the objectives and expected outcomes, the means of achieving them and the evaluation measures, taking account of reintegration issues
- Personalisation: we tailor the mobility based on participants’ needs and we ensure that the training course fits in with personal learning pathways, skills and motivation of participants and develops or supplements them
- General preparation: before departure, we can provide participants with general preparation tailored to their specific needs and covering linguistic, pedagogical, legal, cultural and financial aspects
- Linguistic aspects: we support the participants both before, during and after the course, we speak 10 languages do we can fully support the participants form the linguistic point of view
- Logistical support: our venues are easily accessible and based on our vast experience in mobility projects we provide detailed information and assistance concerning travel arrangements, insurance, the portability of government grants and loans, residence or work permits, social security and any other practical aspects
- Mentoring: we provide continuous mentoring to advise and help participants before, throughout and after their stay
- Recognition: we’ve vast experience in recognition of learning outcomes and we assist participants and sending organizations in the recognition and certification process including the issuing of the Europass mobility certificate
- Reintegration and evaluation: during the training we run daily evaluations as well as a final evaluation to monitor and assess all aspects of the training courses and ensure its quality, when appropriate we run an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation to assess the learning outcomes and the competences acquired, after the training we support participants in order to enhance their reintegration
- Commitments and responsibilities: we draw up and sign with the participant a learning agreement and quality commitment and we monitor that the training course comply with these standards
In addition we follow the best practices identified by the IQAIST network:
- Innovative, modern and practice-driven content
- Practical, participative and hands-on methodology
- Tailored programme based on actual professional needs
- Knowledge applicable to the real contexts and/or in the classroom
- Collaborative learning and best practices’ exchange
- European added value and exchange of best practices between countries
- Attention to personal growth and development
- Needs assessment before the training
- Distance learning support before and after the training
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation after the training
- Validation and certification of competences
- Clear communication, practical information and guidance
- Full support, commitment and responsibility
- Easy accessibility
- Cultural immersion and social activities
LANGUAGE OF THE COURSE
The course is held in English. For groups with at least 8 participants, we can organize an ad-hoc session in a different language.
Please write an email to email@example.com to get more information about it.
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 175569.
There are no reviews for this course.