Non-Formal Educational Methods
📘 Read our flyer: CLICK HERE
🚌 Activities: One afternoon and one full-day excursion.
🏫 Available in: Karditsa
❓ Questions? Contact us dirictly
The goal of this course is to familiarize teachers and educators with the concept and methods of non-formal learning and offer them ways to incorporate them into the classroom. They will receive training on tools and methods of non-formal learning that they will be able to use in learning environments. After the end of this course, teachers will be able to differentiate between formal and non-formal educational methods, they will have a better understanding of the concept and benefits of non-formal learning and they will have improved the skills and competences that are required to apply non-formal learning methods in the classroom.
This course is targeted at educators that want to learn about non-formal learning and non-formal learning methods
To improve educators’ scientific and pedagogical background on tools and methods of non-formal education.
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS: SKILLS AND COMPETENCES ACHIEVED
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- develop a better understanding of the differences between formal, non-formal and informal education.
- improve their knowledge and skills in the field of non-formal education
- integrate non-formal methods in their teaching/training sessions
- exchange best practices and share experiences with participants and staff coming from different EU countries
- network with peers and organizations working in the field of education in Europe
- The course uses participatory approaches as much as possible. A variety of methodologies will be used, including lecture/presentation, discussions, group work, questions and answers, demonstrations, examples of good practice, case studies, and practical sessions (hands-on practice). Non-formal learning methods are going to be used in simulations so that educators can have a hands-on experience of the educational value of these methods.
- Participants will be given a hard copy of the material presented during the course.
- Each participant will be assessed throughout the course.
WHY TRAIN WITH US
We are an innovative, flexible and creative training center with the passion to help out learners reach the best of their potential. We have a proven track of success in all kinds of seminars and trainings.
DETAILED PROGRAMME (DAY BY DAY)
-Walking City Tour
-Definitions of formal, informal and non-formal training
-Principles of non-formal learning
-Methods of non-formal learning
Tuesday-Methods of Non-Formal Learning Part I
Wednesday-Methods of Non-Formal Learning Part II
-Learning by doing
Thursday-Practice & Ask the expert
-Evaluation of educational outcomes for non-formal learning methods
-Practice in learning environments
-Ask the expert
Friday-Use of Learning Outcomes
-Make a small group
-Choose a method of Non-Formal Learning
-Create a daily learning programme
-Choose the related activities
-Presentation & Evaluation of Group Projects. The last day of training, each trainee will present and deliver his/ her project, which will be the composition of everyday projects created by the participants, according to the training program.
-Handing over certificates
- 10.10.2022 > 14.10.2022
- 03.07.2023 > 07.07.2023
- 09.10.2023 > 13.10.2023