📘 Read our flyer: CLICK HERE
🚌 Activities: One afternoon and one full-day excursion.
🏫 Available in: Karditsa
❓ Questions? Contact us dirictly
Multicultural and Intercultural education has been in the center of discussion for quite some time now as the ethnic, social and religious groups of Europe’s community are becoming more and more diverse. The goal of this programme is to overcoming passive coexistence of different cultural groups in the context of a classroom and achieve their successful integration in the learning environment. Nevertheless, it is very important to keep the unique character of each culture alive, giving vital space to all ethnicities to avoid extinction.
The topic is of crucial importance especially nowadays, that the world is constantly changing and we have to keep up to a global and diverse reality. The importance of this educational programme may begin from the narrow environment of schools, but in reality, it stands for much more that just that.
- School principals & directors (primary & secondary schools)
- Teachers (primary & secondary schools)
- Teachers working in Vocational Training Schools or Institutes.
- Educational Advisors
- Adult education staff
- Higher education staff
- NGOs staff
- Policy makers
- Public Servants
To improve educators’ sensitivity to cultural awareness and competency.
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS: SKILLS AND COMPETENCES ACHIEVED
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- cope with cultural differences in the classroom
- help learners from different background to be integrated in the classroom environment
- know how to teach people with different first languages
- implement the best policies in their classroom
- help learners with multilateral language acquisition
- help learners feel proud about their cultural background
- understand the concept of intercultural communication.
- The course uses participatory approaches as much as possible. A variety of methodologies will be used, including lecture/presentation, discussions, group work, questions and answers, demonstrations, examples of good practice, case studies, and practical sessions (hands-on practice).
- Participants will be given a hard copy of the material presented during the course.
- Each participant will be assessed throughout the course.
WHY TRAIN WITH US
We are an innovative, flexible and creative training center with the passion to help out learners reach the best of their best potential. We have a proven track of success in all kinds of seminars and trainings.
DETAILED PROGRAMME (DAY BY DAY)
-Walking City Tour
-Introduction to the course
-What is Intercultural Communication
-Dealing with different Cultures
-Current situation in Europe
-Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
-The Multilingual Classroom
-Intercultural Education and Multicultural Education
Morning:-Early intervention & early childhood educational programmes
-First and Second language acquisition
-Learning outside the school
-The importance of the social environment & the family
-Anti-discrimination policies and laws
-Dealing with conflicts in the classroom & how to avoid them
-Bullying & racism incidents in the classroom
-Presentations and Evaluation
-Handing over certificates
- 03.04.2023 > 07.04.2023 (Confirmed)
- 03.07.2023 > 07.07.2023 (Confirmed)
- 20.11.2023 > 24.11.2023 (Confirmed)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 172354.
There are no reviews for this course.