The “Teacher - Consultant”: Coaching And Mentoring Tools In The Context Of Secondary Education Schools
📘 Read our flyer: CLICK HERE
🚌 Activities: One afternoon and one full-day excursion.
🏫 Available in: Volos, Karditsa, Trikala, Larisa
❓ Questions? Contact us dirictly
Nowadays being a teacher doesn’t only mean to teach but it also means to help, to be an active listener and to be a guide for students and colleagues. And that’s the reason why it is very important to be prepared to face any kind of situation that can arise in school environments. Schools are the mirror of society, sometimes of the small and the big context where the school is based, sometimes of the wider framework. Most of the times a teacher replaces the figure of a coach or has to be more of a mentor than an expert in the subject. Teachers enter students’ lives and constitute the biggest support substituting families.
What does the teacher–consultant do?
- He/she welcomes and supports the new comer students in A class in order to adjust to the school environment.
- He/she takes actions in order to achieve the communication and cooperation of students and teachers.
- He/she promotes the learning goals of the students and traces the causes that restrain their cognitive progress.
- He/she tries to promote the networking of his/her school with other schools which carry out “the teacher-consultant” in order to exchange experiences and cooperate.
- He/she cooperates with the psychologist of the school or others specialists or experts in order to help the student, if there is a need.
- His/ Her ultimate goal is that the student does not feel alone as a member of the school community.
- He uses active listening.
- He/she tries to find out the talents and the flairs of their students.
- He/she mediates for the solving of the students’ problems. At the end of each day the participants will feel the urge to think upon the information received. After the completion of the Training Programme the experience and the knowledge gained will create the urge to learn, engage and participate more into their field of expertise.
This course mainly refers to the following target-groups:
- School principals & directors (secondary school education)
- Teachers (secondary school education)
The main aim of the course is to provide educators/directors with the basic tools to better understand their role - apart from being subject teachers - and gain key competences to play a more active role in helping and motivating students. It also aims to offer participants the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to carry out “the teacher consultant” good practice.
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS: SKILLS AND COMPETENCES ACHIEVED
The teacher consultant is a "thumbs up" good practice which was implemented in the secondary education schools (formally in Vocational education schools since 2017 and informally in Secondary Education since 2010) in Greece. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- improve interpersonal relationships within the education environment through building trust among the members of the school community
- build a sense of belonging to students and teachers
- motivate students
- reduce physical and verbal bullying, aggressive behaviour and violence
- reduce early school leaving
The methodology that will be applied during the activities will be Non-formal Education. Thus, it is expected from participants to be actively involved in all phases of the course.
Upon arrival on the course, the participants will receive a hard copy of the material presented during the course. The material will also be presented in a form of Power Point (PPT) presentations, videos & animations. The active involvement and hands on experience of the participants will be secured through various training tools (case studies, worksheets, scenarios & exercises, in order to ensure that the theoretical knowledge gained by the participants can be used in real life scenarios.
WHY TRAIN WITH US
We are an innovative, flexible and creative training center with the passion to help out learners reach the best of their potential. We have a proven track of success in all kinds of seminars and trainings.
DETAILED PROGRAMME (DAY BY DAY)
-Walking City Tour
Monday - Introduction
-Welcome - Getting to know each other - Ice breaking games.
-Expectations, Needs &Fears
-Team building activities
-“Teacher - Consultant”: a good practice (pilot phase of MNAE according to CEDEFOP, Greek School of Brussels) - 10 years of experience (How it was first implemented in schools? A bottom up practice which was adopted by the Ministry of Education in Vocational Schools in 2017).
Tuesday – Needs Analysis & Training Aims
-Implementation of the teacher- consultant innovation (what has to be done before, during and after the implementation of the innovation)
-What does the teacher - consultant do? The characteristics of a good one.
-School culture – school climate. How is the school climate improved? (Belonging, Building trust)
Wednesday – Trick or Treat? Opening Activities, Energy Boosters & Exercises
-Obstacles in effective communication
Thursday – ‘’When things get tough, only the tough ones continue’’
-Grow model of coaching and mentoring
-The wheel of life
Friday – Ask an expert
-Conflict resolution in the school context
-Conflict resolution strategies
-I-messages – messages of taking responsibility
-Non – defeat method of conflict resolution
-Handing over certificates
- 21.02.2022 > 25.02.2022
- 14.03.2022 > 18.03.2022
- 04.04.2022 > 08.04.2022
- 02.05.2022 > 06.05.2022
- 09.05.2022 > 13.05.2022
- 20.06.2022 > 24.06.2022
- 27.06.2022 > 01.07.2022
- 04.07.2022 > 08.07.2022
- 11.07.2022 > 15.07.2022
- 18.07.2022 > 22.07.2022
- 25.07.2022 > 29.07.2022
- 22.08.2022 > 26.08.2022
- 22.08.2022 > 26.08.2022
- 29.08.2022 > 02.09.2022
- 05.09.2022 > 09.09.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 172322.
There are no reviews for this course.