TEACHING ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS AND GAMIFICATION IN HELSINKI.
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
Teaching Entrepreneurship Skills and Gamification (TES in advance) course is aimed for teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The course will focus on how to teach Entrepreneurship at schools and to how to discover and improve the entreprenaurial skills in pupils through gamification and dynamic activities. Not only TES course is important to Economics or Management teachers from Middle or High School or Vocational Teachers but also to teachers that would like to enhance and work entrepreneurial skills. You will learn and practice several activities, indoor and outdoor, acquiring concrete skills related to how manage a team, leadership or entrepreneurship, in order to improve CREATIVITY in our pupils, COMMUNICATIONS ABBILITIES and their EMPLOYABILITY CAPACITIES.
One of the strengths of the Course lies in their several practical activities and the amount of material that every teacher will carry out back to their country. In fact, an Economics or VET teacher could complete a whole academic course only with the material worked in TES course. Thank to the huge experience of the tutors, secondary teachers and university professors nowdays but managers of private companies before, the material is tested and improved every year. Besides, a non especialist teacher could arrange practical and very motivated sessions with their pupils to encourage entrepreneurial skills.
TES methodology will have daily motivation activities, brainstormings, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge as an outdoor experience. The methodology will transform every teacher in the leader of their own learning to be able to teach it after TES course.
The course will have lectures, seminars and workshops to ensure full comprehension and every day assignment support. In addition, participants will work and receive a huge amount of documents as course’s material to implement this subject or simply to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor in classroom to improve entrepreneurship capacities.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
TES course has as a principal goal to discover and improve entrepreneurship skills in our students. As teachers we have to encourage creativity and new methologies to wake up hidden capacities. Besides, TES course show how to teach Entrepreneurship subjet to Economics or VET teachers. In detail, the concrete goals of the course are:
- To improve entrepreneurship skills in our students.
- To develop a full course of Entrepreneurship full of original and contrasted material.
- To introduce creativity ideas and lateral thinking in our pupils.
- To encourage new active methodologies in teaching.
- To raise employability capacities and improve opportunities.
- To improve communication abbilities and be more oral fluency, both teachers and students.
- To strengthen European collaboration among –past, present and future– participants in the course and local schools in Spain.
- To improve English fluency –official language of the course–.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Learn how to teach Entrepreneurship subject in a very practical way.
- Develop a complete course of Entrepreneurship plenty of original materials.
- Put in action motivated activities in class or outdoor.
- Motivate every students in every level because of their activities.
- Introduce in their pupils the idea of entrepreneurship.
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
It exists a standard indicative daily programme. However, the course can be personalized each week on participants needs and professional profiles.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. LET’S MEET US!
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. LET’S KNOW YOU!
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – EMPATHY: Empathy test - True wheel - Ball of yarn.
- TES course will start working in self awareness – Psychological Test –, Writing skills – Europass CV and cover letter– and oral skills –group interviews and 1to1–.
- Entrepreneurship activities: Subterranean shelter / Lost in the Moon / A walk in the forest: Chopin.
- TES Homework: Business interview.
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Helsinki center in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. LET’S DISCOVER!
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – SOCIAL HABILITIES: Emotional Intelligence test – Letter from my friend.
- Entrepreneurship activities. Starting the Business Plan Action focused in Marketing: 20€ challenge / Brainstorming / Six thinking hats / Necasb / Logo creation / QR Code.
- GAMIFICATION activity for TES: Creativity – think outside the box.
- TES Homework: Field research.
- Free cultural activity: you will have the chance to discover the real style of Finnish inhabitants with free entrance to sauna and even more in Allas Sea Pool in Helsinki city. Activity included in courses fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S DO IT!
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – SELF KNOWLEDGE: Assertiveness test – Top secret.
- Entrepreneurship activities: Continuing working in Business Plan action focused in Production: play to learn.
- GAMIFICATION activities for TES: Creating plasticine – Marshmallow challenge – Ships production – Bricks production. Storytelling.
- Scarf role-play: Communication skills.
- TES Homework: Audiovisual story.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. PRACTICAL AND NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural package: you’ll enjoy in a networking activity visiting medieval city of Talllin in Estonia. This is a ferry optional cultural trip with a guided tour to Tallin. Moreover, during the ferry trip you’ll have plenty time to explain your own school and KA1 project just to create more connection between all participants during the day.
DAY 6 – LET’S COMMUNICATE!.
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE IN PRACTICE: Style of negotiations and Negotiation test / ‘Who moved my cheese’ / Validation film.
- Games Theory as a tool to learn Entrepreneurship: the prisoner’s dilemma in action.
- Entrepreneurship activities: Ending the Business Plan action focused in Finance. Buying and selling a house / Crowfunding / Elevator pitch.
- Wheel of Entrepreneurship: motivation activities to work Emotional Intelligence, Empathy, Assertivity, Negotiation and other skills as Courage, Patient, Integrity, Commitment or Enthusiasm.
- Optional lunch or dinner in Helsinki. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
TES will attend sessions during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 14th February to Saturday 20th.
- From Sunday 25th July to Saturday 31st.
- From Sunday 17th October to Saturday 23rd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 28th March to Saturday 3rd April.
- From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 8th August to Saturday 14th.
- From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 12th December to Saturday 18th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 14th March to Saturday 20th.
- From Sunday 15th August to Saturday 21st.
PORTUGAL – LISBOA:
- From Sunday 13th June to Saturday 19th.
- From Sunday 3rd October to Saturday 9th.
ITALY – FIRENZE:
- From Sunday 5th September to Saturday 11th.
FRANCE – PARIS:
- From Sunday 31st October to Saturday 6th November.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 13th February to Saturday 19th.
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 20th February to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 16th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 27th February to Saturday 5th March.
- From Sunday 14th August to Saturday 20th.
PORTUGAL – LISBOA:
- From Sunday 12th June to Saturday 18th.
ITALY – FIRENZE:
- From Sunday 4th September to Saturday 10th.
FRANCE – PARIS:
- From Sunday 30th October to Saturday 5th November.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
TES training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. All courses of the company include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. Activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future projects in common. Networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants. Moreover, in all editions we’re going to run different Erasmus + courses at the same time, just giving you different options to come with other colleagues from the same school and to enjoy together in free and optional activities that our company offers during the week.
Specifically speaking, participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course on icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, those pictures of the training course and videos can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 15.08.2021 > 21.08.2021 (ID: 164034)
- Register before 01.08.2021
- 27.02.2022 > 05.03.2022 (ID: 163916)
- Register before 13.02.2022
- 14.08.2022 > 20.08.2022 (ID: 164035)
- Register before 31.07.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 163914.
There are no reviews for this course.