SOCIAL VOLUNTEERING AND COOPERATION IN THE CLASSROOMS: HOW TO INVOLVE STUDENTS WITH GNO’S AND OTHER ASSOCIATIONS. HELPING THEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ALICANTE - SPAIN!
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
The social volunteering course is aimed at teachers and school personnel from pre-school to primary, secondary, vocational training, adult education and special needs, personnel of non-governmental organizations, governments and political leaders and company personnel. Non-native English instructors who expect participants to have at least a B1 level of English proficiency.
The course will focus on how to teach to improve students' social awareness and integration. In addition, the course will give teachers the experience of volunteering and living in person in schools in another country. By visiting the centers that work with disadvantaged children and at risk of social exclusion, you will live a unique and enriching experience, you will be part of a team that strives to give disadvantaged children better opportunities and improve the lives of these children. You will learn and practice various activities, indoor and outdoor, acquiring specific skills related to critical thinking and problem solving, communication and collaboration, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity and responsibility, in order to improve SOLIDARITY in our students, become better leaders, BETTER PEOPLE and their SOCIAL SKILLS.
One of the strengths of the course is the personal experience that the teachers will live and take back to their countries. By helping others, the volunteer feels fulfilled. Right now and in the face of students who see an uncertain future, helping others increases their self-confidence, and their volunteering offers a space in which to acquire new skills, connect with new people, experience something different, and give back to the community.
With this course you will know how to discover and improve the skills of solidarity and cooperation in students. If we believe in creative schools that allow the development of the natural talents of each person, we must promote a personalized, caring and community-oriented education. This course will teach students how to understand the world around them and learn about their natural talents so that they can become individuals and become active and compassionate citizens.
The training course will include daily motivational activities, couple and group work, and you will be able to live experiences of solidarity in the local environment. The course has been structured in practical, fun and highly motivated activities, so that participants can put into practice the knowledge acquired. Thanks to this methodology each teacher will transform into the leader of their own learning so that they can teach it after the course, creating their own volunteer project.
The course will feature lectures, seminars, and personal experience to ensure full understanding and daily support for assignments. In addition, participants will work and receive course material to implement this subject or simply to have fun with their students doing activities in their local environment.
At the end of the course, the company will give participants a certificate of attendance that includes detailed information about the course, such as title, program and schedule. Furthermore, a Europass mobility certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
The main objective of this course is to promote the development of social awareness and cooperation in our students, facilitating and bringing education to the entire associative fabric, promoting the acquisition of knowledge and skills that generate social impact and have practical applicability. The content is based on the value of solidarity, since solidarity can be defined as the awareness of the needs of others and the willingness to help meet those needs. It is a value that should be taught both at home and at school.
One of the objectives is the promotion of volunteering as a way of raising awareness and favoring the emergence of a committed and active civil society, generating human capital focused on the fight against poverty and obtaining the necessary support to achieve its objectives.
This course will help you:
• To create a local aid project in which students get involved as an active part. This will lead to the development of self-esteem of our students, allowing them to face learning challenges and optimize their participation in class;
• To incorporate fun, cooperative, and engaging activities that increase our students' motivation towards their learning;
• To create a project with your volunteer students not only promoting an ethical value, an attitude, but a concrete practice.
Thanks to this course, participants will be able:
• To live a unique and enriching experience to be able to transmit to the students.
• To understand a wide range of different aspects, cultural or religious backgrounds and other aspects of identity that can affect academic progress and the classroom atmosphere.
• To value and make our students value the state of well-being in which we live.
• To be able not only to teach, but also to demonstrate how our individual differences can lead to the enrichment of the whole class.
• To have confidence in trying different tools and techniques that will help us motivate and incite our students to be more tolerant, inclusive and respectful of their peers.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
• Benefits of volunteering: increases self-confidence, provides a sense of purpose, helps counteract the effects of stress, anger, and anxiety, combats depression and makes you happy.
• Do good in the world and help make a difference.
• Volunteering for a while can be a great way to learn values like, Solidarity, Teamwork, Commitment, Cooperation, Empathy and Generosity.
Moreover, each participant will be able to draw a teaching and values from the volunteering that he/she performs that will be of use to him/her in all areas of his life.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
It exists a standard indicative daily programme. However, the course can be personalized each week on participants needs and professional profiles.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. LET’S MEET US!
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. LET’S START!
- Relationship between the Spanish Education System and the social inclusion system.
- Types of volunteer projects, types of associations and types of schools that collaborate with those associations.
- Description of some stable collaboration programms in Alicante.
- How to set collaborations and benefits of them: workshop to create a personal and own collaborative project.
- Exchange of experiences and good practices from all participants of the course.
- Free cultural activity: discover the city and its cultural heritage. Free tour in the centre of Alicante visiting Santa Bárbara Castle with an experienced guide.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. LET’S DISCOVER!
- Seminar and workshop with the Communication’s Manager of the most important social center of care for people with intellectual disabilities, disabled children and Special Needs kids in Alicante. They support more than 100 people with intellectual disabilities and large support needs through various services and programs ranging from residential care to individual support. The purpose of this entity is the attention of people who are affected by an intellectual disability and who, either because of their socio-family situation, or because of their specific personal characteristics, require specialized attention.
- Visit the center of care for people with intellectual disabilities in Alicante. A solidarity and interdependent society, which prioritizes the capacity of its members, ly than its deficits. We’ll meet with the manager and social workers and we will link their job to Education so we can see how involve our students in this kind of association.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Free guided tour at MARQ Museum, an archaeological and historical site awarded as Best European Museum in 2004.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S EXPERIENCE!
- Seminar and workshop with a member of one of the main associations in Alicante whose main task is to bring joy to migrants and refugees children. With their actions they also try to facilitate the communication of these children with their environment, helping them to accept their own treatment and collaborate with the inclusión and the therapies they require. Likewise, their action aims to return children to their status as a child, helping their families and health workers not to treat them exclusively as patients.
- Job Shadowing in a Social Action Entity for the children and their families, for public use and private management, with large experience in the city of Alicante. Visiting this center we will see how in this center they bet on a plural society, in which difference and diversity are respected and valued as a source of wealth; where equal opportunities are a fact; where integration and participation is real for all its members; where persons with disabilities can exercise their citizenship by accessing goods and services like any of its members.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. PRACTICAL AND NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional Cultural package: trip to Tabarca Island in Alicante with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company. Boat and paella included in the price of the package.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. LET’S CREATE!.
- Creation a collaborative project: each participant will work on their project to be carried out, creating a detailed plan of visits with the location of the associations or entities that can help in their locality, plan of activities to be carried out, and the detailed plan of departures with the students. Choosing the destination of the action to be carried out; dynamic or method for choosing the project cooperatively among students, to promote cooperative learning in students and free choice.
- Look for associations in your own city and send them emails to get an appointment.
- Sharing of each project.
- Optional dinner in Alicante. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
GNO’s & EDUCATION will attend editions during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
• From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
• From Sunday 17th October to Saturday 23rd.
FRANCE – PARIS:
• From Sunday 31st October to Saturday 6th November.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
• From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
• From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
• From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
• From Sunday 13th February to Saturday 19th.
• From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
• From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
ITALY – FIRENZE:
• From Sunday 3rd April to Saturday 9th.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
• From Sunday 23rd October to Saturday 29th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
GNO’s course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company, in order to connect everything as educational departments of the same school. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. Moreover, all courses include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
Specifically speaking, all participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA229 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 10.10.2021 > 16.10.2021 (ID: 162258, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.10.2021
- 10.04.2022 > 16.04.2022 (ID: 162257, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.04.2022
- 10.07.2022 > 16.07.2022 (ID: 162260, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.07.2022
- 09.10.2022 > 15.10.2022 (ID: 162259, Confirmed))
- Register before 02.10.2022