INTERNATIONALIZATION OF SCHOOL: INTERNATIONAL PROJECT, ETWINNING AND ONLINE COLLABORATION AND NEW ACCREDITATION OF THE ERASMUS + PROGRAM IN TAHITI (IRELAND)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
· COURSE INFORMATION:
This course will focus on the variety of possibilities to make your school and classroom more international. It will be carried out in a mixture of theoretical and practical lessons with internationally mixed groups, aiming to end up with an internationalization plan and project ideas for both online projects and face-2-face projects for the own school. Moreover, we’ll have a look to the new accreditation of the Erasmus program.
This workshop is aimed at teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
This course will cover a range of subjects that should be considered when internationalizing your school:
- why internationalize your school
- overview over several options for international projects offered by the European Council and others
- the role of eTwinning and digital work in international projects
- useful collaborative apps for school partnerships and online projects
- how to get the funds for your projects
- how to make the most out of the new Erasmus possibilities after your successful accreditation
- what makes a good project / - internationalization coordinator
- one coordinator or team work
- embedding the European and International dimension to the curriculum and/ or school program
The course is based on both theoretical and practical lessons, as well as and presentations of examples of good practice and group discussions and sharing experiences. It will have short lectures to ensure full comprehension which the participants will then have time to turn into individual ideas for their schools and classes. Every day the participants will get short and fun assignments related to their needs and goals for the course on our own course-related eTwinning page. In that way, every day participants will become more and more accustomed to working in etwinning, will become more fluent in creating content and will come up with own ideas that can be directly used for their own individual projects at home.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses running at the same time at the same venue. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a project with real success.
By the end of the course, participants should have a proposal ready for a more internationalized curriculum and have set up a draft project plan for an international project or international online project. In the best case they will have found potential partners among the other participants or other channels that will be shown throughout the course.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants with an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
· DAILY PROGRAMME:
It exists a standard indicative daily programme. However, the course can be personalized each week according to participants´ needs and professional profiles.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. Internationalization: Overview.
- Presentation and group work: What is Internationalization and why do we need it?
- Participants’ presentation: Status quo: - Presentation of our schools and what we are already doing and what we would like to change (Method: Pecha Kucha)
- Presentation: International programs and funding possibilities
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Dublin center in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 3: TUESDAY. eTwinning.
- Presentation: What is eTwinning? Why eTwin?
- Presentation: Best practice examples
- Workshop: Twinspace
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Dublin Castle in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 4: WEDNESDAY. Erasmus and Organization.
- Presentation: The new Erasmus generation
- Workshop: Partner finding: what makes a good project partner? Where can I find partners?
- Group discussion: Lone wolf or team work: international coordination in practice
DAY 5: THURSDAY. PRACTICAL AND NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or ERASMUS PROJECT.
DAY 6: FRIDAY. FINALIZING.
- Workshop: Collaborative tools for international project work
- Group work: Drafting our own international project
- Presentation: Presentations of project ideas and feedback
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
eTwinning and Job Shadowing workshop course will attend edition during academic course 2023 and 2024 in following dates:
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 9th April to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 23rd April to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 23rd July to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 15th October to Saturday 21st.
FRANCE - TAHITI:
- From Sunday 13th August to Saturday 19th.
DUBLIN - IRELAND:
- From Sunday 22nd October to Saturday 28th.
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 31st March to Saturday 6th April.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 18th February to Saturday 24th.
- From Sunday 21st April to Saturday 27th.
- From Sunday 21st July to Saturday 27th.
- From Sunday 25th August to Saturday 31st.
- From Sunday 13th October to Saturday 19th.
FRANCE - TAHITI:
- From Sunday 11th August to Saturday 17th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 560€, and includes course fees, support free cultural activities in the city during the week and certification of attendance. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen the relationship between all participants.
The training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that covers all the costs of the course.
- 11.08.2024 > 17.08.2024
- Register before 04.08.2024
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 160422.
There are no reviews for this course.