DRAMA METHODOLOGIES IN THE CLASSROOM: TOWARDS A MORE FULLY HUMAN EDUCATION IN DUBLIN (IRELAND)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION
DRAMA METHODOLOGIES IN THE CLASSROOM: TOWARDS A MORE FULLY HUMAN EDUCATION (DRAMA) course is aimed for education professionals who are going to start in theater as a methodology focused on employment skills both for the office and the classroom. It is especially suitable for teachers who work with students with all kind of levels but has an special impact in pupils with a risk of social exclusion, bullying and special educational needs at the educational levels of preschool, primary, secondary, vocational training and adult literacy. These techniques are effective to avoid early school leaving as well. The course will be taught in English by non-native people. The course is focused on the dynamic and practical contents of Soft Skills and Drama. Therefore, only a level B1 in English is expected from the participants.
Teachers need to have strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to solve conflicts, show a positive attitude and promote WELL-BEING as important PERSONALITY traits and career attributes at the school. Applied drama in the classroom, on the other hand, will help students to provide them with support to fight against poor academic performance and SCHOOL DROP-OFF, success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and so in the labor market. Moreover, DRAMA course will provide schools with a new alternative methodology, more CREATIVITY in the education process and INNOVATION as well, often not developed through the traditional education system. That's why the use of Drama is incredibly useful to increase MOTIVATION in both teachers and students. In addition, it will favour the development of personality traits, social and communication abilities. All this by means of:
- Development of various skills: The ability to communicate will be significantly increased. Expressing yourself through actions, gestures, expressions and words will become easier and easier. Learning through a methodology based on the soft skills and on emotional intelligence enhances memory and the ability to improvise. In addition students will develop presentation and persuasiveness skills when they have to speak in public and perform under pressure, something really complicated today for many young people and adults.
- Situations applicable to real life: Through Drama we work in real contexts and situations which we have to face in our own work life and in our everyday life as well. Thanks to Drama techniques we will improve and enhance motivation and creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as negotiation skills, all of them very useful in the resolution of conflicts.
- The control of the voice: Participants will learn how to use their own voice to ask, answer, predict, persuade, contemplate and express feelings, thoughts and beliefs. This is very useful for our own job. Besides, as teachers it is our responsibility to encourage our students to develop the necessary techniques and soft skills to communicate their ideas with confidence.
DRAMA course will work on the following aspects: postural hygiene, verbal and corporal language, teamwork, improvisation and emotion management, communication skills, self-knowledge and innovation and creativity.
The course is completely practical although it has its theoretical basis to understand the theatrical techniques and dynamics in relation to emotions and emotional intelligence. Participants will perform body and vocal warm-up activities, breathing techniques, dramatic games, experience the techniques and plan and teach their own lessons. At the end of the course, participants will work on an individual action plan that details how they will introduce the new techniques learned in their practices so as to promote the essential of drama and emotional intelligence abbilities required at school and daily life.
Our experienced trainer will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
At the end of the course, there is an evaluation where participants can assess the course. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES
Thanks to DRAMA course students will get, through teachers:
- Develop drama techniques also applicable at work and in the classroom.
- Share and analyze methods of drama within the school context.
- To put into practice theater techniques for the development of verbal and corporal language for teaching and for communication at workplace in general.
- Understand the effect of drama techniques for social, emotional, physical, cognitive and moral development.
- Develop improvisation as a tool for problem solving.
- Encourage the team to work.
- Show innovative and creative techniques as effective tool for the teaching process and personal development tools for ourselves and our students.
- Use drama as a tool to involve, motivate and support students, develop soft skills within the teacher and transfer them to the students and school community as well.
- To become in better human being.
• DAILY PROGRAMME
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
• Get to know each other through drama games.
• Team Building through games.
• Introduction to creative activities.
• Effective communication through Drama techniques.
• Drama as a tool for social inclusion.
• Improvisation and creativity techniques.
• My body can also communicate.
• Use and care of the voice.
Moreover, some of the activities to run during the sessions of the course can be:
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Dublin city in a guided tour included in course fees.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Dublin Castle in a guided tour included in course fees.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural package: you’ll get the real Irish experience by escaping Dublin and exploring the West of Ireland. This is an optional tour where you’ll have the chance to visit Galway medieval city and the Cliffs of Moher just to get totally involved in irish heritage.
- Optional dinner in the center of Dublin. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DRAMA will attend courses during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 28th March to Saturday 3rd April.
- From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 22nd August to Saturday 28th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 9th January to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 31st July to Saturday 6th August.
• COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
DRAMA training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. All courses of the company include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. Activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future projects in common. Networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants. Moreover, in all editions we’re going to run different Erasmus + courses at the same time, just giving you different options to come with other colleagues from the same school and to enjoy together in free and optional activities that our company offers during the week.
Specifically speaking, participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course on icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, those pictures and videos of the training course can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 31.07.2022 > 06.08.2022 (ID: 156704)
- Register before 17.07.2022