Peer Coaching as a Sustainable Source of Professional Development
Participants will learn basic coaching skills including active listening, rapport, building trust, empathy, summarising, paraphrasing, reflecting and raising awareness. They will practice GROW coaching model and become fluent in asking powerful questions. Beside practicing basic coaching skills they will become acquainted also with variety of coaching tools such are drawings, coaching wheel and questionnaires. We will discuss a framework for peer coaching in details.
The main objective of the course is to prepare the participants to professionally lead a coaching session in the context of peer coaching. By the end of the course participants will have a substantial understanding of coaching framework and coaching models. They will develop a core coaching skills, including observation process, feedback, questioning, listening, raising awareness, establishing and maintaining an authentic relationship. Participants will be able to design a coaching session with different coaching tools included. The specificities of peer coaching will be emphasised.
The course is designed as an interactive process with emphasis on establishing a mentor relationship between participants and trainer. It follows two-way communication process including discussions, interactive games, working in groups and pairs, presentations, case studies, thinking techniques and individual activities. The focus is on experiential learning and workshop approach. The participants will also receive a workbook with session’s summaries and descriptions of activities used. We will recommend them interesting literature for further study.
-Introductory meeting, explanation of practical arrangements, presentation of timetable, information about course venue.
- Awareness of interpersonal differences
- Relationship Awareness theory
- The trip round the triangle, how others see us, understanding myself – review
- Understanding others: recognising others, understanding others’ behaviour
- Introduction to conflict: the 3 conflict styles, the conflict sequence, conflict triggers
- Conflict model
- Overdone strengths in conflict management
- Study visit in yoga centre: role of mindfulness for teacher’s professional growth
- Coaching principles, coaching boundaries with respect to evaluation, mentoring, and counselling, coaching applications
- Asking powerful questions, framework for questions
- Coaching demonstration
- Asking questions – exercise in pairs, reflection and feedback
- Introduction to GROW coaching model
GROW coaching model in triads, reflection, feedback
- Coaching skills: active listening, rapport, trust
- Limiting beliefs: awareness in limiting beliefs, how to address the limiting beliefs in coaching
- First hand experience with coaching: guest teacher
- Exercise on limiting beliefs
- Dilts model of personality
- Coaching session practice, reflection, feedback
- Gathering experiences using creativity techniques
- Personal action plan
- Planning follow up activities, dissemination and implementation of learning outcomes
- Discussing possibilities for future cooperation among participants
* Some changes in the programme are possible. The participants will receive the Informational Booklet a few weeks prior to the start of the course.
- 25.10.2021 > 30.10.2021 (Confirmed)
- Register before 18.10.2021
- 14.02.2022 > 19.02.2022
- Register before 31.01.2022
- 25.04.2022 > 30.04.2022
- Register before 11.04.2022
- 09.05.2022 > 14.05.2022
- Register before 25.04.2022
- 04.07.2022 > 09.07.2022
- Register before 20.06.2022
- 22.08.2022 > 27.08.2022
- Register before 08.08.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 15536.
There are no reviews for this course.