NEXT GENERATION STEM: LEARNING BY DOING IN ALICANTE (SPAIN)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION
STEM is an educational framework that brings reality into the classroom by connecting different subjects together: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. This kind of education encourages students to follow a guided discovery while their creativity is enhanced. For this, students are faced to real-world scenarios in such a way that they get used to work in groups, solve problems, find solutions, and verify results.
Designing STEM lessons and activities can result complicated if you are not familiar with some key methodologies. During the course, we will review and practice effective teaching methods which are relatively easy to implement in your STEM classes. These methods will include digital and next generation tools designed to get your students actively engaged in class.
The European Commission encourages the development of key competences to facilitate lifelong learning, with special interest in STEM competence. Thus, this course is designed not only for teachers who want to impart integrated STEM lessons (combining some or all of the four disciplines), but also for teachers who want to impart only one subject exploring connections to other STEM subjects. Definitely, with this course you will be able to improve your students’ competence in STEM at the same time that your classes become more stimulating and effective.
This course has been designed in such a way that participants will learn the fundamentals of STEM methodology while design and create their own STEM lessons and activities. For this, teachers will provide supporting material and lectures so the established objectives can be successfully achieved. Provided material (examples of STEM activities and online resources) will be brought back home by the participants as a basis for developing their own educational projects. The course has been structured on practical, funny and motivational sessions, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES or MAIN TOPICS
- To know the basics of STEM and design your own STEM lessons.
- To learn how to integrate real-world STEM problems in your lessons.
- To know how we can increase students’ engagement to STEM subjects.
- To develop capacities to combine 3-4 different subjects in your lessons.
- To develop a problem-based learning as a student-centred teaching method.
- To develop your own STEM activities.
- To acquire the capacity to adjust your STEM lessons to students’ level.
- To use new technologies to improve your STEM lessons.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
DAY 1. SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2. MONDAY. DESIGNING STEM LESSON PLANS.
- Presentation of the course and addressing course outcomes.
- STEM fundamentals and objectives.
- Tricks to design your own STEM lesson. Different approaches.
- Identify topics of interest for STEM lessons from your everyday life.
- Start designing your own steam lesson in teams.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Visit to Alicante city and Santa Bárbara Castle. Free activity included in the course.
DAY 3. TUESDAY. MAKING LEARNING HAPPEN.
- Active and cooperative learning. Examples of STEM activities.
- Problem and Inquiry based learning. Examples of STEM activities.
- Adjusting your lessons to your student’s level. STEM for primary and Secondary School.
- Practice designing innovative STEM activities.
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit MARQ Museum, archaeological and historical site awarded as Best European Museum in 2004. Visit included in course fees.
DAY 4. WEDNESDAY. TEACHING WITH TECHNOLOGY. DESIGN OF GRIPPING ACTIVITIES.
- Technology tools for an effective flipped classroom. Examples of STEM activities.
- How to do science in the classroom with your mobile phone. Apps and social networks.
- Science is fun. Gamifying STEM. Plan your own game.
DAY 5. THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to Tabarca Island in Alicante with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company. Guided tour with historical and cultural inputs. Boat and paella included in the price of the package.
DAY 6. FRIDAY. STEM PROJECT PRESENTATION.
- Teams will finish their STEM project.
- Project presentation.
- Proposals to improve your STEM lessons.
- Optional dinner in the center of Alicante. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7. SATURDAY. CLOSURE.
- Course evaluation.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
STEM course will attend editions during 2022 and 2023 in following dates:
SPAIN - ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND - REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 21th August to Saturday 27th.
SPAIN - ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
ICELAND - REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. You will also receive a certificate of attendance. The cost includes arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
STEM training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore, trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. All courses of the company include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. Activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future projects in common. Networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants. Moreover, in all editions we’re going to run different Erasmus + courses at the same time, just giving you different options to come with other colleagues from the same school and to enjoy together in free and optional activities that our company offers during the week.
Specifically speaking, participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course on icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, those pictures of the training course and videos can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 10.04.2022 > 16.04.2022 (ID: 155355, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.04.2022
- 10.07.2022 > 16.07.2022 (ID: 155357, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.07.2022
- 09.10.2022 > 15.10.2022 (ID: 155356, Confirmed))
- Register before 02.10.2022
- 02.04.2023 > 08.04.2023 (ID: 192595)
- Register before 26.03.2023
- 09.07.2023 > 15.07.2023 (ID: 192594)
- Register before 02.07.2023
- 08.10.2023 > 14.10.2023 (ID: 192596)
- Register before 01.10.2023