NEXT GENERATION STEM: LEARNING BY DOING IN ALICANTE (SPAIN)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION
STEM is an educational framework that brings reality into the classroom by connecting different subjects together: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. This kind of education encourages students to follow a guided discovery while their creativity is enhanced. For this, students are faced to real-world scenarios in such a way that they get used to work in groups, solve problems, find solutions, and verify results.
Designing STEM lessons and activities can result complicated if you are not familiar with some key methodologies. During the course, we will review and practice effective teaching methods which are relatively easy to implement in your STEM classes. These methods will include digital and next generation tools designed to get your students actively engaged in class.
The European Commission encourages the development of key competences to facilitate lifelong learning, with special interest in STEM competence. Thus, this course is designed not only for teachers who want to impart integrated STEM lessons (combining some or all of the four disciplines), but also for teachers who want to impart only one subject exploring connections to other STEM subjects. Definitely, with this course you will be able to improve your students’ competence in STEM at the same time that your classes become more stimulating and effective.
This course has been designed in such a way that participants will learn the fundamentals of STEM methodology while design and create their own STEM lessons and activities. For this, teachers will provide supporting material and lectures so the established objectives can be successfully achieved. Provided material (examples of STEM activities and online resources) will be brought back home by the participants as a basis for developing their own educational projects. The course has been structured on practical, funny and motivational sessions, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES or MAIN TOPICS
- To know the basics of STEM and design your own STEM lessons.
- To learn how to integrate real-world STEM problems in your lessons.
- To know how we can increase students’ engagement to STEM subjects.
- To develop capacities to combine 3-4 different subjects in your lessons.
- To develop a problem-based learning as a student-centred teaching method.
- To develop your own STEM activities.
- To acquire the capacity to adjust your STEM lessons to students’ level.
- To use new technologies to improve your STEM lessons.
• DAILY PROGRAMME:
Generally speaking, managers of the course will receive participants on Sunday evening and give them all course material. During the week it will develop the course with funny lessons and motivated activities to do with students once each participant would be back to your school, paying attention that all participants will have the oportunity to know some new educational systems. Furthermore, participants will be involved in cultural activities during the week with all actors of differents courses attended by the company. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work al together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy with an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together. On Friday, and after once all participants have received all knowledge of the course and to finish a great week, participants could join to an optional lunch or dinner, it depends on the city. Finally, on Saturday morning it will assest the course and will take place a certification ceremony with the deliveration of a video – photo souvenir of the course.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
DAY 1. SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2. MONDAY. DESIGNING STEM LESSON PLANS.
- Presentation of the course and addressing course outcomes.
- STEM fundamentals and objectives.
- Tricks to design your own STEM lesson. Different approaches.
- Identify topics of interest for STEM lessons from your everyday life.
- Start designing your own steam lesson in teams.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Visit to Alicante city and Santa Bárbara Castle. Free activity included in the course.
DAY 3. TUESDAY. MAKING LEARNING HAPPEN.
- Active and cooperative learning. Examples of STEM activities.
- Problem and Inquiry based learning. Examples of STEM activities.
- Adjusting your lessons to your student’s level. STEM for primary and Secondary School.
- Practice designing innovative STEM activities.
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit MARQ Museum, archaeological and historical site awarded as Best European Museum in 2004. Visit included in course fees.
DAY 4. WEDNESDAY. TEACHING WITH TECHNOLOGY. DESIGN OF GRIPPING ACTIVITIES.
- Technology tools for an effective flipped classroom. Examples of STEM activities.
- How to do science in the classroom with your mobile phone. Apps and social networks.
- Science is fun. Gamifying STEM. Plan your own game.
DAY 5. THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: trip to Tabarca Island in Alicante with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company. Guided tour with historical and cultural inputs. Boat and paella included in the price of the package.
DAY 6. FRIDAY. STEM PROJECT PRESENTATION.
- Teams will finish their STEM project.
- Project presentation.
- Proposals to improve your STEM lessons.
- Optional dinner in the center of Alicante. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7. SATURDAY. CLOSURE.
- Course evaluation.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
STEM will attend courses during 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN - ALICANTE:
● From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
● From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
● From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND - REYKJAVÍK:
● From Sunday 21h August to Saturday 27th.
COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. You will also receive a certificate of attendance. The cost includes arrival on Sunday and departure on Saturday. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
STEM training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore, trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will do during the SUMMER and EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company, in order to connect everything as educational departments of the same school. Every participant of each training course of seven days during the summer and the Easter as well will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in other simple course. Moreover, all courses include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time with this tool and other different ways of connection, like e-mail, individual Skype calls, Facetime, telephone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group ‘Nameofthecourse Europe Group’. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
Specifically speaking, on Thursday all participants are invited to spend a great networking day in some relevant place of the city. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Moreover, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch or a dinner in some special place in the city. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
- 10.04.2022 > 16.04.2022 (ID: 155355, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.04.2022
- 10.07.2022 > 16.07.2022 (ID: 155357, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.07.2022
- 09.10.2022 > 15.10.2022 (ID: 155356, Confirmed))
- Register before 02.10.2022