SOFT SKILLS IN EDUCATION USING DRAMA METHODOLOGIES AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ABILITIES IN DUBLIN (IRELAND)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION
SOFT SKILLS IN EDUCATION USING DRAMA METHODOLOGIES AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ABILITIES (SOFT SKILLS & DRAMA) course is aimed for education professionals who are going to teach focused on emotional skills at the classroom. It is especially suitable for teachers who work with students with special educational needs, with a risk of social exclusion, bullying and early school leaving at the educational levels of preschool, primary, secondary, vocational training and adult literacy. These techniques are effective to avoid early school leaving as well. The course will be taught in English by non-native people. The course is focused on the dynamic and practical contents of Soft Skills and Drama. Therefore, only a level B1 in English is expected from the participants.
SOFT SKILLS & DRAMA course is an effective way in the process of delivering and boosting soft skills in both teachers and students. Teachers need to have strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to resolve conflicts, show a positive attitude and promote WELL-BEING as important PERSONALITY traits and career attributes at workplace. The course will help to develop the SOFT SKILLS and EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE of all students, supporting them to fight against bullying and give them great confidence in order to get success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and so in the labor market. In addition, it will favour the development of personality traits, social and communication abilities needed for success on the job as a teacher or on the learning process as a student.
Teachers need to have strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to solve conflicts, show a positive attitude and promote WELL-BEING as important PERSONALITY traits and career attributes at the school. Applied drama in the classroom, on the other hand, will help students to provide them with support to fight against poor academic performance and SCHOOL DROP-OFF, success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and so in the labor market. Moreover, DRAMA methodologies will provide schools with a new alternative methodology, more CREATIVITY in the education process and INNOVATION as well, often not developed through the traditional education system. All this by means of:
- Development of teamwork and cooperation: The course offers participants the opportunity to carry out a group project and to represent their ideas orally and visually. It is a great opportunity for them to improve their language and communication skills.
- Increase in confidence: Development of Soft Skills allows to boost self-confidence and self-esteem. Moreover, every person will be able to know the risk of the daily life and how to face them.
- Development of different skills: The ability to communicate will be significantly increased. Expressing yourself through actions, gestures, expressions and words will become easier and easier. Learning through a methodology based on the soft skills and on emotional intelligence enhances memory and the ability to improvise. In addition students will develop presentation and persuasiveness skills when they have to speak in public and perform under pressure, something really complicated today for many young people and adults.
- Need for a more diverse educational training: It is no secret that the labor market is constantly evolving. Today's students will have jobs that are very different from those of their parents. Therefore, the tools provided by the course, such as organizing and time management, leadership and multitasking techniques, can help both teachers and children to control their own feelings and the changes of the world and how to respond creatively when required.
The course is completely practical although it has its theoretical basis to create and understand educational techniques and dynamics in relation to soft skills. Participants will perform body and vocal warm-up activities, breathing techniques, experience educational techniques and plan and teach their own lessons. At the end of the course, participants will work on an individual action plan that details how they will introduce the new techniques learned in their practices so as to promote the essential soft skills and emotional intelligence abilities required at school and daily life.
Our experienced trainer will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
At the end of the course, there is an evaluation where participants can assess the course. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES
Thanks to SOFT SKILLS & DRAMA course students will get, through teachers:
- Develop soft skills through emotional intelligence techniques also applicable at work and in the classroom.
- Understand the effect of soft skills for social, emotional, physical, cognitive and moral development.
- Develop improvisation as a tool for problem solving.
- Encourage the team to work.
- Show innovative and creative techniques as effective tool for the teaching process and personal development tools for ourselves and our students.
- Use emotional intelligence as a tool to involve, motivate and support students, develop soft skills within the teacher and transfer them to the students and school community as well.
• DAILY PROGRAMME
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
• Emotional Intelligence as a teaching tool to cultivate soft skills.
• Get to know each other through emotional intelligence games.
• Team Building through educational games.
• Introduction to creative activities.
• Effective communication through Soft Skills
• Emotional Intelligence as a tool for social inclusion.
• Soft Skills in education.
• My body can also communicate.
• Improvisation and creativity techniques.
Moreover, some of the activities to run during the sessions of the course can be:
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Dublin city in a guided tour included in course fees.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Dublin Castle in a guided tour included in course fees.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural package: you’ll get the real Irish experience by escaping Dublin and exploring the West of Ireland. This is an optional tour where you’ll have the chance to visit Galway medieval city and the Cliffs of Moher just to get totally involved in irish heritage.
- Optional dinner in the center of Dublin. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
SOFT SKILLS course will attend editions during 2021, 2022 & 2023 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 12th December to Saturday 18th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 22nd August to Saturday 28th.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI:
- From Sunday 5th December to Saturday 11th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 20th February to Saturday 26th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 11th December to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 31st July to Saturday 6th August.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI:
- From Sunday 4th December to Saturday 10th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 19th February to Saturday 25th.
- From Sunday 2nd April to Saturday 8th.
- From Sunday 8th October to Saturday 14th.
- From Sunday 10th December to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 23rd July to Saturday 29th.
- From Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 30th July to Saturday 5th August.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI:
- From Sunday 3rd December to Saturday 9th.
• COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
SOFT SKILLS & DRAMA training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. All courses of the company include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. Activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future projects in common. Networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants. Moreover, in all editions we’re going to run different Erasmus + courses at the same time, just giving you different options to come with other colleagues from the same school and to enjoy together in free and optional activities that our company offers during the week.
Specifically speaking, participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course on icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, those pictures of the training course and videos can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 31.07.2022 > 06.08.2022 (ID: 155095)
- Register before 17.07.2022
- 30.07.2023 > 05.08.2023 (ID: 188982)
- Register before 23.07.2023