ERASMUS+: Explore the Power of Drama in Education (CY)
Are you Struggling to find a way to keep Your students’ interested and motivated? Why not use elements of drama in everyday school activities to make the learning process both permanent and enjoyable?
Artistic activities are very important for students’ emotional, social and language development skills. These activities:
• provide a great platform for exploring theoretical and practical aspects of foreign languages;
• stimulate authentic conversations that aim at developing conversational competence among foreign language learners;
• increase students’ motivation, participation, confidence and fluency as well as communication through the body language;
• promote critical thinking and social awareness and understanding;
• increase cultural awareness;
• teach cooperation, empathy for others, decision-making skills and encourages the exchange of knowledge between the students;
During this course participants will learn how drama activities can be incorporated in the curriculum material - how concepts, ideas, events, and people can be dramatized through improvisation, pantomime, and playwriting to stimulate interest, convey knowledge, gain comprehension, and improve retention.
Specific objectives of the seminar are:
• Create a cross-cultural environment to discuss and exchange ideas with colleagues
• Help the participants to identify the most suitable approaches in the use of drama in their classroom
• Introduce new areas of teaching methodologies and accompanying techniques, using hands-on experiential methods
• Develop their self-reflection, communication and creativity skills and discuss how they can be utilized in an educational context
• Raise tolerance and appreciation of human diversity
• Raise awareness of sound and body language as a personal tool of communication
More information about the course can be found in our website: https://dorea.org/explore-power-drama-education/
- 07.03.2022 > 11.03.2022
- Register before 04.02.2022
- 01.08.2022 > 05.08.2022
- Register before 01.07.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 152708.
There are no reviews for this course.