ERASMUS+: Gamification and Augmented Reality in Education (CY)
The use of video games and augmented reality in education has become a major new trend. It comes from the idea that play holds an important role in student’s learning, and supports intellectual, emotional and social well-being.
Gwen Dewar’s, Ph.D. research has shown that play can improve memory and stimulate the growth of the cerebral cortex, provide new ways for learner engagement in academic tasks as well as contribute to language skills development, and promote creative problem-solving.
The course aims to introduce participants with 6 clusters of innovative pedagogies putting emphasis on the Gamification and using Augmented Reality in education.
During the course participants will learn about key elements for the effective implementation of pedagogical
principles of play and games (gamification) and augmented reality in the formal learning in order to make learning fun and engaging. Participants will also discuss challenges of using gamification and augmented reality in learning environments and how to overcome them.
The course also aims to develop participants’ awareness and creativity in innovative pedagogies, that address 21st-century competencies & challenges as well as meet the educational goals of the educational system and students.
After the completion of the course, the participants will be able to make informative decisions about pedagogy and the ways they can design learning environments to match learners’ needs to create, express themselves, collaborate with others and discover.
Specific objectives of the training are:
• Introduce 6 clusters of innovative pedagogies
• Raise awareness of technological development in teaching and learning
• Introduce Gamification and Augmented Reality concepts and components
• Show how to implement gamification and augmented reality in practice
• Show how to create a new learning environment incorporating gamification and augmented reality through the creation of lesson plans
• Improve the participants’ personal and professional skills in teaching
• Promote more interactive, caring and horizontal relationship between educators and students
• Provide skills and tools to incorporate technology in educator’s everyday teaching
• Show the importance of networks and stakeholders involvement for implementation and promotion of innovative pedagogies
• Enhance the participant’s ability to adapt to changes
• Create a cross-cultural environment to discuss and exchange ideas with colleagues
• Provide tools of professional development for the educators
• Increase capacity to cooperate on an international level
• Improve communication and social skills
• Improve English language skills
For more information please visit our website here: https://dorea.org/erasmuscourses/gamification-augmented-reality/
- 12.12.2022 > 16.12.2022
- Register before 11.11.2022
- 27.02.2023 > 03.03.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 152678.
There are no reviews for this course.