ETWINNING AND JOB SHADOWING – PARTNER FINDING WORKSHOP FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL PROJECTS IN BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA) - SPAIN
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
· COURSE INFORMATION:
This course will focus on the beneficial usage of the eTwinning platform in international school projects, with special focus on Key Action 1 + 2 Erasmus + Projects. It will be carried out in practical lessons with internationally mixed groups, aiming to end up with a project group and a project outline that can be easily turned into an Erasmus KA1 or 2 application.
This workshop is aimed at teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The importance of eTwinning in international projects has been increasing intensely within the last years. The European National Agencies grant more points to your Erasmus KA1 or 2 application when you are planning to use eTwinning within the project or even better - starting from an already existing project. However, the eTwinning platform is manifold and not always self-explanatory.
The course is based on practical lessons and presentations of examples of good practice as well as discussions and experience comparisons. It will have short lectures to ensure full comprehension but most of the time we will be working actively learning-by-doing on the eTwinning platform and our own project twinspace. Every day participants will get short and fun assignments related to their needs and goals for the course.
Every day participants will become more and more accustomed to working in etwinning, will become more fluent in creating pages, project outlines and will come up with own ideas that can be directly used for their own individual projects at home.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking, cultural, sport and historical activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses running at the same time at the same venue. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a project with real success.
· MAIN OBJECTIVES:
In this course you will:
- find partners for your Erasmus KA1 or 2 project (also JOB SHADOWINGS)
- learn about professional development possibilities with etwinning
- learn how to use eTwinning for documentation, collaboration and communication between project partners
- learn how to work in the “Twinspace”, your own project-website within eTwinning
- creating new pages
- embedding content
- uploading material
- adding students
- setting up online meetings with Adobe Connect
- learn about diverse web2.0 tools and how to use them to ensure collaboration of students
- be presented best practice examples
- learn about ways of recognition for eTwinning projects (Quality labels, competitions)
- start your first own project, write a project outline, prepare your KA1 or 2 project
By the end of the course, participants should have a proposal ready for an international project including the usage of etwinning or will have a fixed outline on how to use eTwinning beneficially in the already existing project. At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants with an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
· DAILY PROGRAMME:
It exists a standard indicative daily programme. However, the course can be personalized each week according to participants´ needs and professional profiles.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. BASICS AND TWINSPACE.
- Presentation: What is eTwinning? Why eTwin?
- Workshop: eTwinning live.
- Presentation: What is “Twinspace”?
- Workshop: first steps in the Twinspace.
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Guided visit to Palma de Mallorca. Free activity included in the course.
DAY 3: TUESDAY. COLLABORATION ALL TOGETHER.
- Workshop: Our own project twinspace.
- Presentation: Best practice examples – How to get students and teachers to actually collaborate in eTwinning? – Web 2.0 tools.
- Workshop: Our own project twinspace (continuation)
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will receive a guided tour in Palma Cathedral. Visit included in course fees.
DAY 4: WEDNESDAY. OUR OWN PROJECT.
- Presentation: How to get my project recognized (Quality labels & competitions).
- Presentation: Job Shadowing in KA1 projects.
- Workshop in cooperative groups: working on our own project.
DAY 5: THURSDAY. PRACTICAL AND NETWORKING DAY.
- Workshop: Networking and collaborating with our course partners.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: you’ll have the chance to visit Ibiza, another stunning and amazing island of Balearic Islands. This cultural package includes ferry tickets and a guided cultural and historical visit to Ibiza with plenty time to buy in Hippy Market of the town and discover this island.
DAY 6: FRIDAY. FINALIZING.
- Presentations of the projects planned within the workshop.
- Completing our Project twinspace.
- Additional training sesión tailored to specific needs, just in case someone needs it.
- Optional lunch or dinner in the center of Palma de Mallorca. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. CONCLUSION.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Participants departure.
eTwinning and Job Shadowing workshop will attend courses during academic course 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 11th April to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 18th July to Saturday 24th
- From Sunday 17th October to Saturday 23rd
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 8th August to Saturday 14th.
SPAIN – CANARY ISLANDS (TENERIFE):
- From Sunday 17th April to Saturday 23rd.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
IRELAND - DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 31th July to Saturday 6th August
SPAIN - BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th.
PORTUGAL – LISBOA:
- From Sunday 2nd October to Saturday 8th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
eTwinning and Job Shadowing training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will do during the SUMMER and EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from E+PMEV, TES, MMORE, GAME, CLIL, PBL, DRAMA, TAPPLETS and EQUALITY courses, in order to connect everything as educational departments of a same school. Every participant of each training course of seven days during the summer and the Easter as well will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in other simple course. Moreover, all courses includes some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for futures eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time with this tool and other different ways of connection, like e-mail, individual Skype calls, Facetime, telephone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group ‘Nameofthecourse Europe Group’. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage to all participants to share their own creation to have the maximun information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
Specifically speaking, on Thursday all participants are invited to spend a great networking day in some relevant place of the city. This activity day will connect participants of differents courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Moreover, in the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place of the city. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
- 08.08.2021 > 14.08.2021 (ID: 147821)
- Register before 25.07.2021
- 07.08.2022 > 13.08.2022 (ID: 147822)
- Register before 24.07.2022