SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) IN BALEARIC ISLANDS - MALLORCA (SPAIN)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
Social emotional learning (SEL in advance) course is aimed for teachers of all levels. The course provides innovative and engaging tools to integrate social emotional learning in the school and more specifically in the classroom. By teaching the mind and encouraging the heart—in each other, as well as in our students—we can be successful. You will learn the details and processes that will empower you to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
You will be prepared to implement a wide range of social-emotional and character-based activities to your students, and you will also be joining others whose collective experience, wisdom, creativity, and problem-solving skills toward a shared goal will make each of us and all of us better. We are all instructors in the service of improving the lives and futures of all children. Besides, you will look at a variety of instructional strategies and technology tools to support SEL in your classroom and school, and you will learn to assess your students’ progress in their experiences. In addition, you will explore some great learning ideas that have already been put into practice!
According with the 21st century skills, the course includes a variety of strategies to work on: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision making. During the development of the course, we will work in collaboration to do several practical activities that will be very useful to carry out to your schools.
The main task of this course is to develop a variety of practical projects or activities, whereas lectures serve as a source of information and discussion panel to provide the necessary information and tools. The material that is going to be used in the lessons has been improved and adapted to be taught in different languages, environments and educational systems. Besides, the training will include cultural activities and networking where the participants will have the chance to experience the country and make partnerships for their future projects with students or for Job Shadowings or even KA2 connections. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
SEL will have daily motivation activities, brainstorming, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking, not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge.
The methodology will transform every teacher in the guide of his or her students’ social emotional learning. The course will have every day assignment support and feedback. In addition, participants will work, create and share a huge amount of documents as course material to implement this subject and to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor in classroom.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
In this course, participants will…
- Differentiate and understand the social emotional skills in different ages.
- Settle a class environment where social emotional learning can take place.
- Help the students to understand how they learn and what type of support they need to make progress.
- Guide students through a process of self-reflection.
- Justify the advantages of social emotional learning outside of the academic benefits.
- Put in action motivated activities in class, online or outdoors.
- Take into account the students’ behaviors to develop the best plan.
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
• DAILY PROGRAM:
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
Generally speaking, managers of the course will receive participants on Sunday evening and give them all course material. During the week it will develop the course with funny lessons and motivated activities to do with students once each participant would be back to your school, paying attention that all participants will have the opportunity to know some new educational systems. Furthermore, participants will be involved in cultural activities during the week with all actors of different courses attended by the company. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. Finally, on Saturday we will take have a certification ceremony with the deliberation of a video – photo souvenir of the course. Please find below the standard indicative of the daily program.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. WHAT IS SEL?
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Why SEL in the classroom? Examples and strategies.
- Emotional Dynamics
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Guided visit to Palma de Mallorca. Free activity included in the course.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. NEUROEDUCATION AND EMOTIONS
- Full day will be focused in dig deeply in the way students behave and master the knowledge of emotions.
- Teach the heart to reach the brain
- Students cannot learn if they are not able to manage their emotions.
- Curiosity and emotions. Key of success.
- Emotional dynamics
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will receive a guided tour in Palma Cathedral. Visit included in course fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S PRACTICE!.
- Teacher’s collaborations.
- Wide variety of activities to put into practice.
- Collaborative learning: group work to start projects
- Create our first project that will be presented at the end of the training.
- Emotional dynamics
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1or KA2 PROJECT
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural activity: you’ll have the chance to visit Ibiza, another stunning and amazing island of Balearic Islands. This cultural package includes ferry tickets and a guided cultural and historical visit to Ibiza with plenty time to buy in Hippy Market of the town and discover this island.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. MASTERING SEL.
- Each team will present its project.
- Strength activities
- Exit tickets
- New ideas
- Optional lunch in the center of Pama de Mallorca. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. SUM UP.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure
SEL will attend courses during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 25th July to Saturday 31st.
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 8th August to Saturday 14th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 15th August to Saturday 21st.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 14th August to Saturday 20th.
● COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
SBL training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore, trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will do during the SUMMER and EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from E+PMEV, TES, MMORE, GAMIFICATION, CLIL, PBL, DRAMA and ICT courses, in order to connect everything as educational departments of a same school. Every participant of each training course of seven days during the summer and the Easter as well will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in other simple course. Moreover, all courses includes some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for futures eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time with this tool and other different ways of connection, like e-mail, individual Skype calls, telephone, WhatsApp or Facebook. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage to all participants to share their own creation to have the maximun information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
Specifically speaking, on Thursday all participants are invited to spend a great networking day in some relevant place of the city. This activity day will connect participants of differents courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Moreover, in the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place of the city. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
- 08.08.2021 > 14.08.2021 (ID: 147818)
- Register before 25.07.2021
- 07.08.2022 > 13.08.2022 (ID: 147819)
- Register before 24.07.2022