MAGIC IN THE CLASSROOM FOR MAGIC TEACHERS IN REYKJAVÍK (ICELAND)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
The magic in the classroom course is a motivating and different training for both the student and the teacher. This course is aimed at anyone involved in education, teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
The aim of this project is to encourage and energize the motivation of the students in classroom with a new point of view and approach from other perspective in order to create more cooperative and motivated working groups.
Imagine how it would be possible to explain in a practical way the function of the forces of the universe, which without magic it would be really complicated to recreate it in class. Or the functioning of nature that could only be seen with super microscopes. Could it be recreated in class at a visible size to everyone?
Will you learn magic? Yes!! What is more, this magic course will have a fantastic utility. It will be able to explain a concept or a theory in a motivating and funny way for the student and it will give an extra tool to the teacher to explain certain principles in a practical way in class.
With this course we will scratch a magical surface that it is hidden much more under its enigmatic doors, which must be discovered and practiced to master magic. With this training, it is not intended that the students or the teachers do magic shows or fill big theaters with their magic… or is it?
What is magic for a child or teenager? Magic is something new or unusual: if you show them a bottle with the word magic, decorated with stars and bright colors and where dozens of tomatoes come out, they will may be surprised, but they will see it almost normal because it is a magic bottle and it works like that. That is why the magic we will use in this course will be with known objects that are used in class. For the students it is just as magical to make the castle of Alicante disappear as to take a coin out of their nose.
Each day the magician´s assistant will be chosen, according to the students’ mood and always taking into account the best convenience of the group. The aim is also to turn the teachers into someone magical for them. And finally we will work on the creation of the presentation of the magic game: a “trick” by itself is not magic. It is the story and how we explain the game what really makes it magical.
All materials for the magic effects, both for working in class and for creating games to work with your students, will be provided by the magic instructor.
• MAIN OBJETIVES:
Why use magic in class?
- Develop creativity
- Improve their self-esteem and learn to express themselves in public
- Stimulate the student and teacher
- Get a real mathematical development
- Managing conflicts in class or conflicting students.
- Improve the relationship between students and students/teacher
- Encouraging self-confidence
- To achieve a better development of the students
- Improve written communication
- Explain certain contents and retain concepts
- Make them think and know the reason for the subjects
- Develop critical thinking in the student
When to use magic in class?
- Technique for attracting attention.
- Improve the classroom environment
- Practical explanation of abstract concepts
- Art room
- Break between classes
- Relaxation after a physical activity
- Award for good behavior in class
• DAILY PLAN:
The days of the course will be divided into theoretical and practical parts. There will also be magic theory, which will go from how to introduce a magic effect for the subject being traded, to how to make the magic effect and all its secrets.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
DAY 1: SUNDAY.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 2: MONDAY
- Presentation of the course
- Why use magic in class
- The reason to use magic in class
- When use magic in class
- How to use magic in class
- Magic theory
- Motivation in class
- Magic games for teachers I
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Reykjavík center in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 3: TUESDAY
- Teachers games II
- Magic with addition and subtraction
- Magic with I and II
- Magic with multiplication and division
- Magic stories
- Mathematical riddles
- Magic Workshop I
- Optional visit to Blue Lagoon and relax in hot natural water. Included in optional package of cultural activities.
DAY 4: WEDNESDAY
- History with magic
- Some magic stories
- Hands faster than eye
- Inside my head
- Physical games
- Challenges of ingenuity
DAY 5: THURSDAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional visit to Golden Circle to see Eurasian and North American tectonic plate boundaries in Thingvellir National Park – Geysir Geothermal Area – Gulfoss Waterfall. We will meet us in Reykjavík after lunch and we will spend all afternoon and part of the evening admiring marvellous places of the Nature. Included in optional package of cultural activities.
DAY 6: FRIDAY
- Development of creativity
- History of magic and its protagonists
- Wizard’s factory
- Great finish “Grand finale”
- Optional dinner in the center of Reykjavík. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7: SATURDAY.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
“Magic in the classroom” hopes to explain concepts, help to learn, create healthy groups of work, increase creativity and lose the shyness to speak in public of our students. So, we will enhance our most secure value, our young people, doing our bit to improve our future, today.
MAGIC course will attend editions during 2022 and 2023 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 3rd April to Saturday 9th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 2nd October to Saturday 8th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 26th March to Saturday 1st April
- From Sunday 9th July to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 1st October to Saturday 7th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS FUNDING:
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
MAGIC training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. All courses of the company include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. Activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future projects in common. Networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants. Moreover, in all editions we’re going to run different Erasmus + courses at the same time, just giving you different options to come with other colleagues from the same school and to enjoy together in free and optional activities that our company offers during the week.
Specifically speaking, participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course on icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, those pictures and videos of the training course can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 24.07.2022 > 30.07.2022
- Register before 17.07.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 147469.
There are no reviews for this course.