YOGA AND MEDITATION FOR A MINDFUL EDUCATION IN MARTINIQUE (FRANCE)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
The yoga and meditation for a mindful education course is a practical course to initiate children and teenagers into the world of yoga and meditation. This course is aimed at anyone involved in education, teachers and school staff from pre-school level to primary, secondary, vocational, adult and special needs education, staff of non-government organizations, government and policy makers and company staff. Non-native English trainers expecting participants to have at least B1 level of English proficiency.
Children are constantly developing and the changes they experience affect their bodies, minds and relationships with others. Yoga helps them to grow healthily inside and outside. Children are yogis by nature. They come into the world with a baggage full of particular talents and gifts: agile movement, good posture, presence, curiosity, openness and great capacity to learn and discover new things.
The Yoga and meditation sessions will be presented as a game with which students can have fun, get to know their body and control their breathing consciously. Also, it will serve them to connect with their inner self, they will discover their emotions and they will be able to manage them much better. They will be able to focus their attention on a better predisposition to learn the tasks they have in the classroom. They will improve their behavior and will be more receptive to creating a better environment. In addition, respect for peace, the environment and love is promoted.
This course proposes to practice yoga and mindfulness as a routine within the school day since more and more scientific research supports that the practice of mindfulness and yoga favors the development of practical skills that allow children, adolescents and adults to be in contact to what happens in them and their environment with greater wisdom and compassion. It is necessary to find a moment in the day when children can disconnect from their daily tasks, stop for a while and reach a state of clam, in which they are predisposed to learning, having activated their capacity for attention and concentration through psychomotor games based on yoga and mindfulness.
In this course we will explore 6 of these skills: concentration, quietness, awareness, redefinition, interest and connection. All of these skills form a circle where concentration is at the center of that circle, considering that constant and flexible attention is the support for the other five skills.
We will work on the yoga postures that are inspired by the elements of nature such as animals, plants, forms, which allow the practitioner to enter in harmony with his own body and also, as a reflection, with the energetic manifestations that these postures remind us of. Moreover, We will see the benefits that can be obtained through yoga: a stronger musculature and spine, a correct posture that reduces deviations and back pain, an elevation of the immune defenses and a more serene and balanced state of mind.
• MAIN OBJETIVES:
Trainers of the course will manage to connect play, relaxation, concentration and balance as well as allowing them to know themselves and communicate with their environment. In addition to the above benefits, we will also see how it favors their creativity. It has been demonstrated that yoga strengthens body awareness, increases concentration and help to manage emotion. Furthermore, it promotes a strong, flexible and healthy body; improves body posture; promotes coordination and balance; increases motor skills; and it makes you enjoy! Great discovery, which helps everyone with the lack of attention, stress and relaxation.
We will try to make it easier for adults to puzzle out the ideas of meditation and yoga and to simplify them enough so that they can be passed on to children. Through yoga, children will exercise their breathing and they will learn how to relax in order to cope with stress, conflict situations and lack of concentrations, problems so evident in today´s society. Yoga will help them on their long journey towards physical and psychological mastery.
These are some of the main points that children will achieve on a physical and mental level with the practice of yoga and mindfulness:
1. Improve of the postural habits of the spine
2. Massage of the internal organs
3. Improved breathing habits
4. Stimulation of blood circulation
5. Improved self-esteem
6. Decrease in child stress level
7. Perfection of the senses
8. Agility and strength
9. Calm and Relaxation
10. Better development of attention, concentration, memory and imagination
11. Harmonization of personality and character
12. Timely channeling of physical energy
13. Better understanding and interaction with others
• DAYLY SCHEDULE:
Yoga and meditation will be alternated In the sessions proposed in this program. Each session will be divided into theoretical and practical part with a break between sessions to refresh ourselves or take a snack. Therefore we will need to wear comfortable clothes and comfortable shoes. We will take our shoes off when we do the Yoga exercises. All the proposed activities can be adapted to the age and needs of the students.
Sessions will be motivating and entertaining so that you can put into practice everything you have learned once you return to your schools. To do this, we use a funny and participative methodology. We will watch videos, play games, share emotions and thoughts, and have the opportunity to bring out the children in us.
The teachers of the course will welcome the participants on Sunday afternoon. Where all participants and teachers will be introduced. We will briefly explain the course and talk a little bit about our own experience with meditation and yoga.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
DAY 1: MONDAY
- Presentation of the course
- What is mindfulness?
- What is it used for and when?
- Who can practice it?
- What is yoga?
- Who can practice it and what is for?
- Benefits of Yoga and meditation
- Meditation and Yoga practice
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. Guided tour in the centre of Fort-de-France with an experienced and local guide. Cultural and historical inputs are going to be very welcome.
DAY 2: TUESDAY
- The best time to relax and practice yoga
- Create a relaxed atmosphere
- We learn to relax
- We learn to breathe
- Tips for meditating with children
- Mindfulness exercises for children
- Yoga practice with games and meditation
- Free cultural activity: discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will have the chance to receive a guided tour at the Fort Saint-Louis and Archeological museum, located both of them in the center of Fort-de-France.
DAY 3: WEDNESDAY
- Meditation for memory
- Easy mindfulness games
- Relaxation Techniques
- The chain of appreciation
- Yoga for different ages
- How long should a yoga session last?
- Yoga practice with games and relaxation with music
DAY 5 : THURSDAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional Cultural package: we will visit the Southern part of the island with a local guide, receiving cultural and historical inputs as well and enjoying great beatiful scenaries. You’ll have the possibility to visit the Savane des Esclaves with entrance included in the price. It’s a tour not to be missed that last over 6 hours and it’s perfect to understand Martinique’s history.
DAY 6: FRIDAY
- Working with concentration
- Mindfulness and the senses
- Attention, balance and compassion
- Recommendations for a yoga class for children
- Meditation practice
- Yoga practice with music and games
- Optional lunch or dinner, it depends of the chosen venue. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7: SATURDAY.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure.
YOGA course will attend sessions during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 17th January to Saturday 23rd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 28th March to Saturday 3rd April.
- From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 11th April to Saturday 17th.
- From Sunday 18th July to Saturday 24th.
- From Sunday 17th October to Saturday 23rd.
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 8th August to Saturday 14th.
SPAIN – CANARY ISLANDS (TENERIFE):
- From Sunday 14th November to Saturday 20th.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI:
- From Sunday 5th December to Saturday 11th.
FRANCE – MARTINIQUE:
- From Sunday 16th January to Saturday 22nd.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 9th January to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th April to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 17th July to Saturday 23rd.
- From Sunday 16th October to Saturday 22nd.
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th.
FINLAND – ROVANIEMI:
- From Sunday 4th December to Saturday 10th.
• COSTS AND ERASMUS FUNDING:
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
YOGA training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will do during the SUMMER and EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company, in order to connect everything as educational departments of a same school. Moreover, all courses includes some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for futures eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time with this tool and other different ways of connection, like e-mail, individual Skype calls, Facetime, telephone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group ‘Nameofthecourse Europe Group’. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage to all participants to share their own creation to have the maximun information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
Specifically speaking, on Thursday all participants are invited to spend a great networking day in some relevant place of the city. This activity day will connect participants of differents courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Moreover, in the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place of the city. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
- 17.01.2021 > 23.01.2021 (ID: 147448, Confirmed))
- Register before 03.01.2021
- 16.01.2022 > 22.01.2022 (ID: 147449, Confirmed))
- Register before 02.01.2022