SOCIAL EMOTIONAL AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING (SEL) IN HELSINKI - FINLAND
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION:
Social emotional learning and collaborative learning (SEL in advance) course is aimed for teachers of all levels. The course provides innovative and engaging tools to integrate social emotional learning in the school and more specifically in the classroom. By teaching the mind and encouraging the heart—in each other, as well as in our students—we can be successful. You will learn the details and processes that will empower you to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
You will be prepared to implement a wide range of social-emotional and character-based activities to your students, and you will also be joining others whose collective experience, wisdom, creativity, and problem-solving skills toward a shared goal will make each of us and all of us better. We are all instructors in the service of improving the lives and futures of all children. Besides, you will look at a variety of instructional strategies and technology tools to support SEL in your classroom and school, and you will learn to assess your students’ progress in their experiences. In addition, you will explore some great learning ideas that have already been put into practice!
According with the 21st century skills, the course includes a variety of strategies to work on: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision making. During the development of the course, we will work in collaboration to do several practical activities that will be very useful to carry out to your schools.
The main task of this course is to develop a variety of practical projects or activities, whereas lectures serve as a source of information and discussion panel to provide the necessary information and tools. The material that is going to be used in the lessons has been improved and adapted to be taught in different languages, environments and educational systems. Besides, the training will include cultural activities and networking where the participants will have the chance to experience the country and make partnerships for their future projects with students or for Job Shadowings or even KA2 connections. Participants are expected to have at least B1 level of English.
SEL will have daily motivation activities, brainstorming, working in pairs and groups, simulations and networking, not only in the classroom but also in outdoor activities. The course has been structured on practical, funny and very motivated activities, so that participants can put in action the acquired knowledge.
The methodology will transform every teacher in the guide of his or her students’ social emotional learning. The course will have every day assignment support and feedback. In addition, participants will work, create and share a huge amount of documents as course material to implement this subject and to have fun with their pupils doing activities indoor and outdoor in classroom.
Our experienced trainers will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. In these activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participant from different courses of PMS ERASMUS PLUS.
At the end of the course, the company will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, program and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES:
In this course, participants will…
- Differentiate and understand the social emotional skills in different ages.
- Settle a class environment where social emotional learning can take place.
- Help the students to understand how they learn and what type of support they need to make progress.
- Guide students through a process of self-reflection.
- Justify the advantages of social emotional learning outside of the academic benefits.
- Put in action motivated activities in class, online or outdoors.
- Take into account the students’ behaviors to develop the best plan.
- Make contacts with new partners interested in developing European Projects through specific networking activities.
• DAILY PROGRAM:
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
The course’s trainers usually welcome participants on Sunday afternoon and give them all the course material. The main training activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in cultural activities held by PMS ERASMUS PLUS during afternoon time, most likely on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Moreover, on Thursday morning all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to the rest of participants and work all together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating and funny activities. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday morning and the delivery of the certificates of attendance.
Please find below the standard indicative of the daily program.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY. WELCOMING.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city.
- Reception of all course material.
DAY 2 – MONDAY. WHAT IS SEL?
- Brief presentation of the course and its target by the end of the week.
- Why SEL in the classroom? Examples and strategies.
- Emotional Dynamics
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Helsinki center in a guided tour included in course fees.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY. NEUROEDUCATION AND EMOTIONS
- Full day will be focused in dig deeply in the way students behave and master the knowledge of emotions.
- Teach the heart to reach the brain
- Students cannot learn if they are not able to manage their emotions.
- Curiosity and emotions. Key of success.
- Emotional dynamics
- Free cultural activity: you will have the chance to discover the real style of Finnish inhabitants with free entrance to sauna and even more in Allas Sea Pool in Helsinki city. Activity included in courses fees.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY. LET’S PRACTICE!.
- Teacher’s collaborations.
- Wide variety of activities to put into practice.
- Collaborative learning: group work to start projects
- Create our first project that will be presented at the end of the training.
- Emotional dynamics
DAY 5 – THURSDAY. NETWORKING DAY.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1or KA2 PROJECT
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional cultural package: you’ll enjoy in a networking activity visiting medieval city of Talllin in Estonia. This is a ferry optional cultural trip with a guided tour to Tallin. Moreover, during the ferry trip you’ll have plenty time to explain your own school and KA1 project just to create more connection between all participants during the day.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY. MASTERING SEL.
- Each team will present its project.
- Strength activities
- Exit tickets
- New ideas
- Optional lunch or dinner in Helsinki. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY. SUM UP.
- Course evaluation.
- Releasing of official course certifications.
- Presentation of participants’ works.
- Participants departure
SEL will attend courses during 2021 and 2022 in following dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 11th July to Saturday 17th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 25th July to Saturday 31st.
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 8th August to Saturday 14th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 15th August to Saturday 21st.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 10th July to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
SPAIN – BALEARIC ISLANDS (MALLORCA):
- From Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th.
FINLAND – HELSINKI:
- From Sunday 14th August to Saturday 20th.
● COSTS AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
SEL training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore, trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will develop during the SUMMER and the EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from all courses of the company. Every participant of each training course will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in another simple course. All courses of the company include some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. Activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for future projects in common. Networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants. Moreover, in all editions we’re going to run different Erasmus + courses at the same time, just giving you different options to come with other colleagues from the same school and to enjoy together in free and optional activities that our company offers during the week.
Specifically speaking, participants are invited to spend a great networking day on Thursday in some relevant place of the city. During the morning time we’ll meet all participants together for a networking session where you’ll be able to briefly explain your own school and your KA1 project and be able to find suitable partners for future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. In order to do that you should bring with you a presentation of your own KA1 Erasmus + Project. Moreover, you’ll have the chance to discover the culture of the country you’re visiting thanks to a great optional culture runned during afternoon time. This activity day will connect participants of different courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Furthermore, at the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place in the city.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited with European tools like eTwinning and other different ways of connection, such as e-mail, individual Skype calls, phone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course on icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage all participants to share their own creation to have the maximum information in common benefits. In addition, those pictures of the training course and videos can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
- 08.08.2021 > 14.08.2021 (ID: 144366)
- Register before 25.07.2021
- 07.08.2022 > 13.08.2022 (ID: 144367)
- Register before 24.07.2022