ERASMUS+: Learning in Digital Age: Coding for Schools (CY)
Coding is becoming a basic literacy in the digital age. To be able to thrive in tomorrow’s society, young people must understand and be able to work with the technology around them. Education systems around the world now have a goal to provide students with new possibilities to design, create and express themselves with digital technologies, starting from the young age. There is no doubt that while not every student will choose a path to be programmer or computer scientists, having a basic knowledge of technology will create countless opportunities for them in the future.
During the course participants will be introduced to the concepts and key elements of computational thinking and coding, they will gain knowledge about coding languages for beginners and advanced level users as well as learn about games that they can use to teach coding to their students. At the end of the course, each participant with the help of the trainer will make an action plan about how they can introduce coding in their classroom – which coding languages, games and tools they can use to make the learning engaging and fun for every student.
Specific objectives of the training are:
● Raise awareness of technological development in teaching and learning
● Introduce the concept of computational thinking and how it is related to coding
● Introduce key concepts of programming and basic programming languages for teachers and students
● Introduce games teachers can use to teach students programming
● Show how to create a new learning environment incorporating coding in the classroom
● Improve the participants’ personal and professional skills in teaching
● Empower educators to feel confident while teaching coding
● Promote more interactive, caring and horizontal relationships between educators and students
● Provide skills and tools to incorporate technology in educator’s everyday teaching
● Enhance the participant’s ability to adapt to changes
● Create a cross-cultural environment to discuss and exchange ideas with colleagues
● Provide tools for the professional development of the teacher
● Increase capacity to cooperate on an international level
● Improve communication and social skills
● Improve English language skills
For more information, please visit our website: https://dorea.org/erasmuscourses/learning-digital-age-coding-schools/
- 14.08.2023 > 18.08.2023
- Register before 14.07.2023
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 143909.
There are no reviews for this course.