Bullying behaviors, whether virtual or face-to-face, have negative impacts not only on victims and survivors, but on bullies too. They leave scars that may never properly heal and will shape their life to come. Although the focus on the topic of bullying and cyber bullying is strong, people still asks themselves “Now, what are we really going to do about it?”.
In this course participants will reflect on the impacts that bullying and cyber bullying behaviors have and what are concrete steps that can be taken in order to not only stop, but also prevent to happen.
This structured course aims increase participants’ awareness about the phenomenon, acquiring methods and tools to build a positive school and classroom environment and plan long-term strategies and policies to apply in order to prevent and reduce bullying and cyber bullying in schools.
The general aim of this course is to foster excellence in education by equipping teachers and school managers with the needed knowledge and competences to effectively prevent all forms of bullying in education and school settings.
At the end of the Course,
All the participants will:
• Acquire a greater understanding of the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge about impacts, risk factors and long-term effects on victims and bullies;
• Get to know how to build a positive classroom environment and develop social and emotional learning;
• Learn how to develop and enforce a school policy plan on tackling and preventing bullying at school;
• Explore and discuss the fine line between legal and illegal behavior and how to identify bullying conducts;
• Exchange good practices and discuss challenges with fellow colleagues and the course trainers about how to reduce bullying in schools;
• Network with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe through everyday cooperation and team-building activities.
Objectives of the Course:
Understanding the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge about impact, risks and long-term effects on victims and bullies
Creating positive classroom environment
Developing and enforcing a school policy plan on how to preventing cyber bullying at school
• Focusing on practical and skill-based interactive learning
• Providing immediate feedbacks
• Helping students to participate class
• Designing hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
• Defending self-management skills
• Working in groups cooperatively
• All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course;
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method. A closed Facebook group will be created for getting know each other of all participants and to share practical information.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- 19.10.2020 > 23.10.2020 (ID: 142265, Confirmed))
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 142263.
There are no reviews for this course.