Methodology & English Language for Secondary Teachers 2020
This course will give you an opportunity to improve your own English, while at the same time offering you a range
of options for teaching English to secondary school learners more effectively. You will also be encouraged to reassess
your 'teacher beliefs and attitudes' in the light of current trends in methodology. This course also provides a
large amount of English practice throughout.
Programme of the training activities
• Ways of presenting and practising grammar and vocabulary
• Using music, story, pictures and drama in your teaching
• Ideas for encouraging learner independence in the class
• Dealing with different learning styles
• Dealing with mixed level classes
• Ideas to encourage pair/group work at different levels
• Work on pronunciation
• Adapting/supplementing course book materials
• Using texts for different purposes
• Blended learning and using on-line resources
• Teaching through fine arts
• Elements of CLIL – Content and Language Integrated Learning
• Ideas for assessment/testing
• Practical classroom issues for teachers working in a monolingual context
• Dealing with "difficult behaviour"
Description of training content:
Each applicant to send a Teacher's Profile 4 weeks before the course outlining hopes and objectives for
achievement as a result of attending this course.
The course aims to provide the participants with state of the art theories and practices in teaching secondary
As a result of attending this course, the participants will be more confident, creative and knowledgeable teachers of
secondary students. They will also be more competent and confident users of English.
- 05.07.2020 > 18.07.2020 (ID: 137217)
- Register before 29.06.2020