Entrepreneurship (as a practice based approach)
“Teaching Entrepreneurship moves entrepreneurship education from the traditional process view to a practice-based approach and advocates teaching entrepreneurship using a portfolio of practices, which includes play, empathy, creation, experimentation, and reflection. Together these practices help students develop the competency to think and act entrepreneurially in order to create, find, and exploit opportunities of all kinds in a continuously changing and uncertain World.” (Heidi M. Neck, Patricia G. Greene and Candida G. Brush 2014.)
Objectives of the course:
Increasing the understanding of what entreperneurship is
Learning how to prepare students to act as entreprenurs
Accomplishing the various objectives of teaching entrepreneurship active learning
Helping students develop their entrepreneurial thinking through play, empathy, experimentation, creation and reflection
Focusing on the methods of teaching entrepreneurship by applying different, flexible, attractive and innovative ways of teaching and learning.
All the participants will:
• Define the best practices of teaching entreprenurship in education
• Recognize learn and create new methodologies and techniques to foster the entreperenurship in classes
• Become familiar with the entrepreneurial thinking process
• Discuss how to foster strategies and tools to support students think through play, emphaty, experimentation, creation and reflection
• Develop an action plan
• Construct curriculum and designing process
• Analyze the methods focusing on entrepreneurship training strategies
• Working in groups cooperatively
• Using creativity activation
• Organizing about ways of motivating students to research
• All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass Mobility Document will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- Welcome-Registration and Hand-out of Materials
- Ice Breaking
- Presentation of participant organizations (a five-minute presentation)
- Use of Videogames, Drama in the Classroom
- Decision Making,
- Self Management
- What is Your Role AS a Teacher
- Creating & Using Personal Learning Profiles for Students
- Background of coaching
- Coaching versus mentoring
- Personality traits of an Coach
- Setting goals, managing time, problem solution
- Strategies for developing coaching competencies at school
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Team building strategies
- Looking for opportunities
- Challenges in teaching design thinking
- Conceptualisation, creating ideas, teaching creativity
- Policies and measures at schools
- The teacher-student relationship
- The school and its environment
- Mentoring: actors & methods
- Group work: participants` own teaching programme
- Presentation of the results of the group work.
- Conflict Management; precaution, necessity and implementation
- Nonverbal Communication
(ıdentifying students move about nonverbal communication then experiment and practice)
- Conversation Skills
(ıdentifying students move during a conversation then experiment and practice)
- Assertiveness and how to overcome Barriers to Behaving Assertively
- Activities to Speak up Your Students
- Planning follow up activities, dissemination and implementation of learning outcomes.
- Overview of the course program
- Evaluation of the course program
- Filling the feedback forms
- 25.01.2021 > 29.01.2021 (ID: 135916)
- Register before 11.01.2021
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 135914.
There are no reviews for this course.