Preventing conflicts, bullying and cyberbullying - TENERIFE
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via www.tenerifecourses.com.
Bullying and cyberbullying are very serious and common situations that often have a long term negative impact on the ones involved (behaviour disorders, depression, low self-esteem, early school leaving, unemployment etc.). This course will increase awareness about the different types of verbal, psychological and physical bullying and cyberbullying and empower the participants on how to detect it on time and react when it happens. The course is inspired by the KIVA research-based anti-bullying program that highlights the importance of changing the attitudes and behaviours of the observers/bystandares towards bullying, and not only focusing on the victim and the agressor. We collaborate an organization specialized in the prevention of bullying and cyberbullying in Tenerife that also focuses on a whole-school approach and the participant role approach to bullying.
The participants will also learn how therapeutic theater can be used to identify possible bullying in class, work with the different roles (observers, victim, aggressor). Through real life stories (live and video), role plays, trust games and other theater techniques and exercises, the participants will learn how to teach and practice emotional intelligence, empathy, trust and active listening. Our trainers will show how to use active learning and experiential learning methodology to teach about bullying and create a respectful and non-violent learning environment.
COMPETENCES TO BE ACQUIRED:
• Increased knowledge about different types of bullying and cyberbullying.
• Ability to differentiate between normal conflicts and bullying/cyberbullying.
• Knowledge about the KIVA evidence-based anti-bullying program
• Knowledge about the important role of the participants/bystanders/observers in preventing and tackling bullying situations
• Know-how on how to react and help someone suffering from bullying and cyberbullying.
• Increased knowledge about the psychological and physical consequences on the long term (victims, bully and observers).
• Ability to use drama techniques and experiential methodology to increase students empathy, respect, trust and active listening skills
• Understand how to apply active learning methodologies to generate a respectful and non-violent learning environment.
• Exchanged best practices with peers from Europe on how to handle difficult situations with bullying and cyberbullying.
DAY 1 – Monday - Bullying and cyberbullying
• Welcome to the course
• Ice breaking: Getting to know each other
• Group dynamics: Building trust in the group
• What do you know about bullying and cyberbullying?
• What’s the difference between normal conflict and bullying. Types of bullying.
• Cyberbullying: most popular apps for kids and teenagers.
• Exchanging experiences and good practices on dealing with bullying and cyberbullying
DAY 2 – Tuesday - The KIVA method
• Warm up and teambuilding exercises
• KIVA evidence-based antibullying program
• A whole school approach to prevention, intervention and monitoring
• The role of the participants/bystanders/observers in preventing and tackling bullying situations
• How to help someone suffering from bullying and cyberbullying.
• What to do with the bully. How to communicate to the families.
• Basic legal aspects. How to apply protocols
• Reflection: How can we apply the participants‘ role in the classroom?
DAY 3 – Wednesday - Real life stories
• Exercises to build trust and active listening
• Exercise in pairs: The importance of eye-contact
• Real life stories (live and/or video testimonials). Celebrities and people like us.
• Understanding the realities of students (and their families) suffering bullying and cyberbullying in nowadays society
• Long term psychological and physical consequences (victims, bully and observers).
• Reflection exercise: How to detect if someone’s suffering bullying or is a bully?
DAY 4 – Thursday - Therapeutic theater in bullying
• Energizer and teambuilding exercises
• The benefits of therapeutic theater with bullying prevention and intervention
• Roleplays, exercises and theater techniques
• Exercises to identify and work with role of the participants/bystanders/observers in bullying
• Group dynamics: Reinforcing trust and respect
• Reflection exercises: How can I apply theater techniques in my class?
DAY 5 – Friday - Emotional intelligence for bullying prevention
• Active learning methodologies to generate a respectful learning environment and prevent bullying
• Exercises to practice emotional intelligence, empathy, trust, respect and active listening
• Techniques to monitor the classroom climate
• Open discussion on possible future collaborations and planning follow up activities
• Summary of key learning points
• Final course evaluation and feedback
• Validation of learning outcomes and handling certificates
- 15.06.2020 > 19.06.2020 (ID: 128407)
- 13.07.2020 > 17.07.2020 (ID: 128405)
- 27.07.2020 > 31.07.2020 (ID: 128403)
- 24.08.2020 > 28.08.2020 (ID: 128401)
- 07.09.2020 > 11.09.2020 (ID: 128417)
- 05.10.2020 > 09.10.2020 (ID: 128416)
- 26.10.2020 > 31.10.2020 (ID: 128415)
- 09.11.2020 > 13.11.2020 (ID: 128414)
- 14.12.2020 > 18.12.2020 (ID: 128413)
- 18.01.2021 > 22.01.2021 (ID: 128412)
- 15.02.2021 > 26.02.2021 (ID: 128410)
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.