EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
Evaluation is considered to be the main means of ensuring the quality of teaching/ research/ executive, etc. work carried out in an organization. It is used in a wide range of human activities and services and seeks to assess the degree to which the goals of an organization are achieved, as well as the degree of success of each member's work.
This course is a 6-day course and aims to provide participants with the theoretical background for evaluation, as well as practical suggestions for data collection, the selection of appropriate methodology and the use of reliable evaluation tools. There is also the possibility to extent the course to a 7-day.
During the course, participants will:
- be informed about the role, objectives and benefits of evaluation and assessment
- study forms and types of assessment
- explore the key competences and basic skills that are important to access
- study the characteristics of a good assessment
- explore assessment tools and the criteria to select them
- investigate examples of good practice
- get acquainted with the Cypriot history, culture and hospitality
DAY 1 WELCOME • Participants introduce themselves and present the organization that they work. • Course program. • Presentation of the objectives of the course.
THEORY • Definition, the role, objectives and benefits of Evaluation • Functions of Evaluation, Functions of Assessment, important key competences and basic skills to access.
DAY 2 THEORY • Assessment and validation of competences, purposes for assessment, General Characteristics of Evaluation and assessment• Evaluation Requirements • Forms and Types of assessment
VISIT TO LIMASSOL CENTER • Visit to Limassol Archaeological Museum, Municipal Garden, Municipal Art Gallery, Medieval Castle & Museum, Old Carob mill.
DAY 3 THEORY • The characteristics of a good assessment, types of activities • Examples of good practice
DAY 4 THEORY • Tools of evaluation and how to select them
GROUP WORK: Designing an evaluation.
DAY 5 VISITING NICOSIA • Visit and tour the Leventis Museum, Observatory Museum & Tower to observe the city from a height of 40m. A walk to the traditional city center of "Laiki Geitonia".
DAY 6 CLOSURE OF THE COURSE • Presentation of group work, course review, conclusions, certificates
DAY 7 (optional) VISIT TO Paphos • Visit to Paphos Archaeological Park with Roman mosaics. • Visit to the medieval castle and port of Paphos. . • Visit to the port of Paphos.
- 21.11.2020 > 26.11.2020 (ID: 152471)
- Register before 16.11.2020
- 06.02.2021 > 11.02.2021 (ID: 152470)
- Register before 01.02.2021
- 29.05.2021 > 03.06.2021 (ID: 152473)
- Register before 24.05.2021
- 31.07.2021 > 05.08.2021 (ID: 152472)
- Register before 26.07.2021
- 25.09.2021 > 30.09.2021 (ID: 152475)
- Register before 20.09.2021
- 06.11.2021 > 11.11.2021 (ID: 152474)
- Register before 01.11.2021
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 126725.
There are no reviews for this course.