Behavioral and cognitive practices in the field of museum-related adult education
It is very important for museum curators and museum staff to understand and be able to analyse the activity and behaviour of visitors in their museum. The behaviour of visitors can provide curators with feedback on what is happening at the museum –where do people go, what exhibits visitors spend most time at, what hours of the day are most busy at certain areas, how people interact with the content and exhibits that they have designed etc.
This 6-day course gives participants theoretical background about visitors’ behaviour in the museum, observation methods of measuring various variables, as well as practical guidelines to evaluate visitors’ experience. Discussions, site visits and group work will enrich sharing ideas and exchange of practice between participants.
During the course, participants will:
- get informed about the behaviour of visitors in a museum and the factors that influence it
- learn techniques that analyze visitors’ behaviour
- explore visitors’ motivations
- explore the relation between motivation and identity
- investigate observation methods of measuring various variables
- examine practical guidelines to evaluate visitors’ experience
- visit Cypriot museums and discuss with the museum staff
- 11.07.2020 > 16.07.2020 (ID: 133243)
- Register before 06.07.2020
- 24.10.2020 > 29.10.2020 (ID: 133242)
- Register before 19.10.2020
- 27.02.2021 > 04.03.2021 (ID: 133245)
- Register before 22.02.2021
- 08.05.2021 > 13.05.2021 (ID: 133244)
- Register before 03.05.2021
- 10.07.2021 > 15.07.2021 (ID: 133247)
- Register before 05.07.2021
- 16.10.2021 > 21.10.2021 (ID: 133246)
- Register before 11.10.2021
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 126717.
There are no reviews for this course.