SOFT SKILLS IN EDUCATION USING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ABILITIES IN REYKJAVÍK (ICELAND)
Project Management Spain Erasmus Plus
Organization ID (OID): E10039300
Book your spot with peace of mind in PMS ERASMUS PLUS. Great FLEXIBILITY in these difficult times postponing dates or even refunding course fees in case of force majeure.
• COURSE INFORMATION
DEVELOPING SOFT SKILLS IN EDUCATION USING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ABILITIES (SOFT SKILLS) course is aimed for education professionals who are going to teach focused on emotional skills at the classroom. It is especially suitable for teachers who work with students with special educational needs, with a risk of social exclusion, bullying and early school leaving at the educational levels of preschool, primary, secondary, vocational training and adult literacy. The course will be taught in English by non-native people. The course is focused on the dynamic and practical contents of Soft Skills and Drama. Therefore, only a level B1 in English is expected from the participants.
SOFT SKILLS course is an effective way in the process of delivering and boosting soft skills in both teachers and students. Teachers need to have strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to resolve conflicts, show a positive attitude and promote WELL-BEING as important PERSONALITY traits and career attributes at workplace. The course will help to develop the SOFT SKILLS and EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE of all students, supporting them to fight against bullying and give them great confidence in order to get success in ENTREPRENEURSHIP and so in the labor market. In addition, it will favour the development of personality traits, social and communication abilities needed for success on the job as a teacher or on the learning process as a student. All this by means of:
- Development of teamwork and cooperation: The course offers participants the opportunity to carry out a group project and to represent their ideas orally and visually. It is a great opportunity for them to improve their language and communication skills.
- Increase in confidence: Development of Soft Skills allows to boost self-confidence and self-esteem. Moreover, every person will be able to know the risk of the daily life and how to face them.
- Need for a more diverse educational training: It is no secret that the labor market is constantly evolving. Today's students will have jobs that are very different from those of their parents. Therefore, the tools provided by the course, such as organizing and time management, leadership and multitasking techniques, can help both teachers and children to control their own feelings and the changes of the world and how to respond creatively when required.
The course is completely practical although it has its theoretical basis to create and understand educational techniques and dynamics in relation to soft skills. Participants will perform body and vocal warm-up activities, breathing techniques, experience educational techniques and plan and teach their own lessons. At the end of the course, participants will work on an individual action plan that details how they will introduce the new techniques learned in their practices so as to promote the essential soft skills required at school and daily life.
Our experienced trainer will support and stimulate the networking and cooperation among participants. We organize networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to exchange best-practices and establish professional cooperation and links. These activities will take part not only participants of the course but also other participants from different courses attended by the company. The expected training activity has been structured so that the participants can transfer know-how and develop needed skills to create and manage a proposal with real success.
At the end of the course, there is an evaluation where participants can assess the course. The course will provide the participants an attendance certificate including the detailed information about the course, e.g. title, programme and schedule. In addition, a Europass Mobility Certificate can be added on request.
• MAIN OBJECTIVES
Thanks to SOFT SKILLS course students will get, through teachers:
- Develop soft skills through emotional intelligence techniques also applicable at work and in the classroom.
- Understand the effect of soft skills for social, emotional, physical, cognitive and moral development.
- Develop improvisation as a tool for problem solving.
- Encourage the team to work.
- Show innovative and creative techniques as effective tool for the teaching process and personal development tools for ourselves and our students.
- Use emotional intelligence as a tool to involve, motivate and support students, develop soft skills within the teacher and transfer them to the students and school community as well.
• DAILY PROGRAMME
It exists a standard indicative daily program. However, the course might be personalized each week on participants’ needs and professional profiles.
The course’s managers usually welcome participants on Sunday evening and give them all the course material. The main activities, instruction and practices will take place from Monday to Friday. On another note, participants will be involved in networking activities of PMS ERASMUS PLUS during some of the afternoon hours, most likely Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. In this networking initiatives all the participants of the company courses during the same week will meet and network. Moreover, on Thursday all participants will be able to explain their own school and KA1 project to all participants and work together to set up future eTwinnings or even KA2 projects. After that, all of them will have the possibility to enjoy an optional activity to deepen in the searching of new partners, enjoying a great day full of motivating, gamification, creative, mindfulness and funny activities all together. Finally, there will be a course’ roundup and a final evaluation on Saturday. Diplomas, videos and photo souvenirs will be delivered this day.
Some of the topics to develop during the sessions of the course are:
• Emotional Intelligence as a teaching tool to cultivate soft skills.
• Get to know each other through emotional intelligence games.
• Team Building through educational games.
• Introduction to creative activities.
• Effective communication through Soft Skills
• Emotional Intelligence as a tool for social inclusion.
• Soft Skills in education.
• My body can also communicate.
• Improvisation and creativity techniques.
Moreover, some of the activities to run during the sessions of the course can be:
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the city and its cultural heritage. You will visit Reykjavík center in a guided tour included in course fees.
- Free cultural activity: Discovering the real style of Icelandic inhabitants. Free entrance to visiting The Pearl, the Number 1 attraction in Reykjavík, a Nature Exploratorium of the Wonders of Iceland. Activity included in course fees.
- Optional visit to Blue Lagoon and relax in hot natural water. Included in optional package of cultural activities.
- Networking activity: Presentation of your own school and your KA1 PROJECT: 5W's. WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY with all participants from the course and other structured courses of the company.
- Networking activity: Guided session to find your best partner for a future JOB SHADOWING and/or KA229 PROJECT.
- Optional visit to Golden Circle to see Eurasian and North American tectonic plate boundaries in Thingvellir National Park – Geysir Geothermal Area – Gulfoss Waterfall. We will meet us in Reykjavík after lunch and we will spend all afternoon and part of the evening admiring marvellous places of the Nature. Included in optional package of cultural activities.
- Optional dinner in the center of Reykjavík. Networking activity to deepen the relationship between all participants.
SOFT SKILLS & DRAMA will attend courses during 2020, 2021 and 2022 in next dates:
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 11th October to Saturday 17th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 24th January to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 28th March to Saturday 3rd April.
- From Sunday 10th October to Saturday 16th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 25th July to Saturday 31st.
- From Sunday 22nd August to Saturday 28th.
SPAIN – ALICANTE:
- From Sunday 9th January to Saturday 15th.
- From Sunday 10th April to Saturday 16th.
- From Sunday 9th October to Saturday 15th.
ICELAND – REYKJAVÍK:
- From Sunday 24th July to Saturday 30th.
- From Sunday 21st August to Saturday 27th.
IRELAND – DUBLIN:
- From Sunday 31st July to Saturday 6th August.
• COST AND ERASMUS + FUNDING
The cost of the seven day course is 490€, including course fee, certification and support fee, cultural and sport activities in the city. The company offers an Optional cultural package to deepen in relationship between all participants.
SOFT SKILLS&DRAMA training course is tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus + to teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations. Furthermore trainers can help in Key Action 1 Application to ensure that participants can get the grant and could be eligible to receive an Erasmus + grant that cover all the costs of the course.
The company will do during the SUMMER and EASTER GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS, where all participants of training courses will participate together in cultural and funny activities. Those GREAT NETWORKING WEEKS will involve participants from E+PMEV, TES, MMORE, GAME, CLIL, PBL, DRAMA, TAPPLETS and EQUALITY courses, in order to connect everything as educational departments of a same school. Every participant of each training course of seven days during the summer and the Easter as well will have the opportunity to spend some funny time and to meet more people than in other simple course. Moreover, all courses includes some cultural, sport and historical networking activities during the week. All activities will involve participants from other courses of the company in order to create a great environment and to find the perfect partner for futures eTwinning projects or even to collaborate together in a KA2 Erasmus Plus Project.
We aim to get an effective follow-up to stimulate peer networking, to keep in touch and to share opinions, experiences and practices for unlimited time with this tool and other different ways of connection, like e-mail, individual Skype calls, Facetime, telephone, WhatsApp or Facebook Group ‘Nameofthecourse Europe Group’. Furthermore PMS ERASMUS PLUS will upload documents, videos and photos of the course in icloud, Dropbox or Google drive and will encourage to all participants to share their own creation to have the maximun information in common benefits. In addition, photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
Specifically speaking, on Thursday all participants are invited to spend a great networking day in some relevant place of the city. This activity day will connect participants of differents courses to match perfect partners for future relationships in European Projects. Moreover, in the end of the week, all actors of the different courses will be asked to participate in a lunch in some special place of the city. All networking activities are designed to deepen the relationship between all participants.
- 25.07.2021 > 31.07.2021 (ID: 120494)
- Register before 11.07.2021
- 22.08.2021 > 21.08.2021 (ID: 120495, Confirmed))
- Register before 08.08.2021
- 24.07.2022 > 30.07.2022 (ID: 120492)
- Register before 10.07.2022
- 21.08.2022 > 27.08.2022 (ID: 136066)
- Register before 07.08.2022